2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Nissan's Best Crossover
By frenchman on 11/23/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you test drive it, you will buy it. It's the best crossover for the money out there, period. It has great features, fun to drive, great price, and superb build quality. I have had the pleasure of buying and owning some 94 other vehicles in my lifetime and this is in the top five. My compliments to the factory engineering and design staff at Nissan. Nissan dealers have some great and fun vehicles to sell us.

Rogue Review
By ILRogue on 11/21/07 06:44 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far, the Rogue ownership experience has been positive. Comfortable ride, ample space for 2 adults and 3 kids. Good room in the back. Nice features and price points, which allows you to select how high or low you want to go in the features vs. price debate. The i-AWD feature is great for wet pavement - one can only hope for the same in the snow. Reliability is yet to be determined (too new).

Love at First Sight!
By Granny G on 11/19/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As a senior citizen formerly driving a Toyota Corolla, I wanted something a little different for probably my last car. I was considering a Tucson or CR-V, but the minute I saw the Rogue in Venom Red it was love at first sight! I love it so far, though I am still trying to figure out some of the (many) bells & whistles. It is fun to drive, and I believe Nissans are very reliable, also.

The Rogue Rocks
By ssaunder on 11/16/07 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The first thing to get used to is the CVT. Since there are no actual gears to run through, you do not realize your speed. The fit and finish is superbly Nissan. The driver's seat feels like a cockpit. The seat height is perfect to feel off the road and in command. Love the satellite radio. The bluetooth was the first thing we configured, then the homelink. Nice features in this sub-30K vehicle. Feels very luxurious in SL with all options.

worth it
By happyrogueowner on 11/15/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The rogue brings a nicer design than the RAV4 and CRV for a better price and mpg consumption. The driving is super nice and the engine responds better than the other V4 of the same category.

Rogue SL: It WILL Be Hot!
By MHmidhudson on 11/13/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I picked it up on October 1. Today is Nov. 13, and its got 2450 miles on it already. Gets 23-24 mpg locally, hilly terrain in the Hudson valley; 29 mpg at a steady 60-65 mph on the road! Never have owned a vehicle that sticks to the road like this one does. What they've already said about Bluetooth and Bose is echoed here: THEY ROCK. This is my next "best car I've ever owned", a title that my '06 Frontier still holds.

Love my New Rogue
By Bill on 11/07/07 11:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall excellent vehicle. I am very happy with the way it drive and rides. So far for a brand new car gas mileage around town 25.1 mpg

Nissan Rogue SL AWD Review (no prem pkg)
By ReluctantBuyer on 11/06/07 20:47 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I don't usually complete reviews but had to share my Rogue experience. As a reluctant buyer after several "car payment free" years, I wanted all the latest safety features, great gas mileage, proven quality, AWD, and a sporty look. Nothing on the market was interesting me enough to warrant the payment. Then I saw the Rogue. Its Altima motor and Sentra platform, both rated above average, helped with the quality concerns with a new model (bought the ext warranty too). I browsed the online inventory of nearby Nissan dealers, chose a Rogue, took it for a drive, bought it and am loving every minute I drive it - it's great! Online prep makes dealer part go much smoother and more quickly!

Great car to drive
By Lynn4137 on 11/03/07 06:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got the fully loaded AWD with all the add-ons. I find the ride very smooth and comfortable. Style is an eye catcher and Blue Tooth and Home Link are features you normally only find in high priced cars. Nissan never disappoints when it come to class in its cars.

I love this crossover!
By Amanda on 11/01/07 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love the styling and the interior space of the Rogue, from the outside you think, wow, I don't know if that is big enough and then you sit down on the inside and you think where the heck did all this space come from!! I love all of the spacial features, nooks and pockets galore. I will say the CVT takes a bit of getting used to. I instinctively tune into the engine and I know when my car goes to the next gear, but in this car there's no pause or shift to the next gear. It's really cool, just unusual. The stability bars in the front and rear give excellent cornering and turning abilities.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.