Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Dangerous Windows
By Elephant

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I loved my new Nissan Rogue until the other day when the back side glass shattered into a million pieces without any apparent reason. I had been home only a few minutes when I noticed the glass had shattered. It seemed to have imploded due to the heat and air conditioning combined. The dealership would not accept the fact that it could have been their workmanship or defect in the glass. The glass went into the seat cover about 2 inches deep and would have severely injured a person sitting in that seat. Luckily, the car had just been parked and no one was inside. Glass was thrown throughout the car. No sign of damage due to vandalism or otherwise. Be careful!!

Favorite Features

Driving this car was fun until now. I am concerned about safety since this incidence. I expected more for my money.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the glass so that no one gets hurt, otherwise I loved the car and had lots of compliments driving it.

Another Nissan
By fourth Nissan

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my fourth Nissan vehicle. I previously owned an Altima 3.5 v6 and loved the drive. I wanted better gas mileage, AWD and an overall vehicle style change. I loved the look of the Rogue and although I was not sure about the power (2.5) I could not resist the overall interior and exterior quality and extras that were offered. I purchased the Rogue SL AWD leather package and absolutely LOVE the drive. The pickup is smooth and responsive and surprisingly I do not miss the V6 at all! Gas mileage is great for my lengthy commute, not to mention satellite radio to make my ride that much enjoyable. My husband finds the vehicle roomy, and there's plenty of space in the back for my 2yr old toddler

Favorite Features

Stylish interior and exterior, Bose stereo system, satellite radio, bluetooth, smooth ride, leather seating, moonroof, moodlighting, xenon & fog lighting, Nissan intelligent key, 6 way power front seat very comfortable, Homelink option, auto dim mirror, paddle shifters, steering wheel controls, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Not much... automatic open rear cargo door, locking gas door, navigation as in dash option.

Great Little SUV
By Geemurf

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In the commuting world of Metro New York the Rogue is fantastic. Great gas mileage 26 MPG in AWD, not just FWD like the CRV. Handles the parkways, highways, and yes even the Tapanzee Bridge with steel plates and all remarkably. No hydroplaning on the Saw Mill in a downpour. Almost astonishing power for a 4 cylinder engine, great ride. Roomy even for a 6'4" person. Not to mention nice styling, nice looks. Buy this car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose sound system (but not XM), great MPG for an SUV even in AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything.

Great crossover
By Dr. Karen

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove minivans for 15 years and love the Rogue because it combines the best of what I loved about minivans with the comfort of a sedan. I am happy with the mileage (24.5 mpg city, 25 mixed city highway, 27+ highway) so far. I think it's a very attractive crossover for the price.

Favorite Features

Built-in XM radio, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

A little better gas mileage since it's a 4 cylinder engine.

Love My Rogue
By Ann

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Rogue for a little over 2 months and I really have enjoyed it. The best part about it is that it only takes about 50 dollars to fill up the gas tank. I can enjoy the perks of an SUV with the fuel efficiency of a car. Overall, it was worth the purchase.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency.