2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Fun Car
By frank on 12/31/07 10:49 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A little pricey I guess because it's new but so fur it has been a great little fun car.

Rogue Happy
By Rogue Happy on 12/30/07 16:12 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Alloy Orange Nissan Rogue on 10/31/07. I traded in my beloved Nissan XTerra for a more fuel efficient vehicle. I absolutely love it. You can't hear it running in park. There is a great red light illumination in the overhead console for night driving. The keyless fob actually has a key in it to get in the car if the battery goes dead. I love the keyless entry. The Bose stereo is awesome. The seats are comfortable and it is absolutely fun to drive. My boyfriend bought one 2 weeks later. My gas mileage is great at 22.8 city and 25.878 Hwy before break in. I like the bag storage in the way back to keep packages from shifting. Love the bluetooth! You gotta get one of these!!

Best in Class...No Complaints!
By New England Driver on 12/28/07 21:32 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My very first car was a Porsche 944 and since then I've converted and driven nothing but Saabs...then we had a baby and it was time to be more practical. So we started our research and compared all of the different mid-sized SUVs out there in the <$30K price range. I was truly surprised when we finally test drove the Nissan Rogue. It had many of conveniences you'd find in a luxury car, the performance experience you'd want in a sports car, the fuel efficiency you'd expect from a compact car, the storage space you need in a SUV, and the safety features you'd demand in a family car. So we got one for my wife, and every day since I've beggged her to take the Saab so I can drive the Rogue!

Love my Rogue
By rogue4u on 12/28/07 14:31 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just got my new Rogue and love it. A vehicle that looks as good as it is fun to drive. I would not want to have any other vehicle in the Crossover class other than this one. Out of them all this one is the BEST!!!! Any doubts take one for a test drive you will fall in love with it like I did.

Search Is Over
By RogueBeliever on 12/27/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got the Gotham Gray with the premium package, splash guard, carpet. Love the ride, great brakes, comfortable seats and sounds! it definitely rocks. Paddle shifter is pretty cool too, adds zest to your driving. showed it to a couple of friends and thought it was an Infinity suv. They also loved the interior quality... luxurious at its class. Really happy with this purchase!

Not quite perfect
By newrogueowner08 on 12/25/07 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As a former Corolla owner now working in northern NJ, I was looking for something with a little more power & able to handle the mountains, snow & rain. After driving 1500 miles, I have to give it high marks for steering and braking. That said the ride could be a little smoother. There is also noticeable road noise (wind) that seems to be coming from the hatch area as if it weren't sealed properly. Seating is very comfortable. I wasn't happy w/the factory black leather w/red dots so I opted for dealer installed black leather. IMO, it's much nicer. The Bose stereo is excellent. Nissan forces XM on you, so you will need to install an aftermkt Sirius radio thru the aux port.

2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
By grrrldriver on 12/22/07 07:25 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Earlier in Dec '07, my ’05 Murano SE AWD was totaled. Due to money and fuel considerations, I didn’t want to replace it with a similar ’08 Murano, so I looked at RAV4s, CRVs, and Rogues. The Rogue won hands-down, mostly due to styling: it’s hard to go from a Murano to a RAV4. The Rogue is the best small crossover SUV for me.

Very pleased for the price
By tamoshanter on 12/21/07 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought the rogue last week and I love it. Compared it with CR-V, RAV4 and CX-7, and am happy with the ride, comfort, handling, and engine (for a 4 banger). The CVT takes some getting used to, coming from someone who as a teenager had a firebird formula 400; but works well enough and getting 28 mpg on highway w/out the engine broken in. Bose stereo sounds boss, bluetooth through the stereo with steering wheel buttons is great! My wife loves the styling and the kids (actually 21 & 17) find the rear seat very comfortable, with plenty of room behind them for their junk!

My cute ute!!
By nrdgrl on 12/21/07 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Rav and the Cr-v before the rogue, no comparison! I got the wicked black with black cloth, and the premium package with moonroof. The smaller engine doesn't bother me because I want the better gas mileage. I traded in a 2005 Focus because I didn't want to spend another Colorado winter white knuckle driving! The 5-8 MPG difference is worth it!I have played in the snow with this and it is very solid on the ice/snow. I am so much more confident. Guess I'll save money this winter since I won't need as many massages for stressful driving!

Upgrade
By lam on 12/14/07 14:53 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Mercury Cougar for a Rogue and couldn't be happier. I had my eye on the CR-V, but once the Rogue came out, I was sold. I purchased the SL 2WD w/2WD package, which includes all the little things a 25 year-old would want (illuminating visor mirrors, audio controls on the steering wheel, etc). The 2WD is perfect for Southern Calif. The back window is pretty small, but my old Cougar had a giant spoiler which blocked all views so I really can't complain. Overall, I absolutely love this car (as do my friends!) and I think Nissan did a fantastic job creating a sleek looking crossover that appeals to the masses.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.