Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Very Nice
By eagleman1963

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a very attractive SUV we traded our 2005 Pathfinder in for the Rogue mainly for better gas mileage We have now owned our Rogue for about 3 weeks during this time we took it on a 800 mile road trip it seemed to perform and handle quite well we did notice that on rougher stretches of highway we had some vibration and rattling not what we were use to on the way to our destination we averaged about 22 MPG due to heavy winds part of the way and on the way home about 26.5 MPG not bad but I was hoping for a little better mileage.

Nice interior design and great body design.

Need to make the vehicle more sound, also experienced some vibration noise on the outside of the vehicle almost a rumble strip noise when driving in high cross winds as well as inside rattling. Have the option for more comfortable and electric seat options for cloth seats

Lovin' it!
By teachWV

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Rogue on 7/12, trading an '01 Toyota RAV4. After doing a lot of research (via Edmunds), and test-driving a few other vehicles (Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson), I tried out the Rogue. I was sold! The ride is incredibly smooth, seems like a much larger, more expensive sedan. To echo another WV owner, it has plenty of power to get me where I need to go in our Mountain State! I'm on the first tank of gas that I've purchased; mileage is looking good! I would like to see a locking fuel door, however.

Spacious interior, very quiet ride. Solid feel, even cornering at highway speed.

Apparently, the back seat is not too comfortable (according to my 6'1" husband). A locking fuel door would be good.

Dangerous Windows
By Elephant

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I loved my new Nissan Rogue until the other day when the back side glass shattered into a million pieces without any apparent reason. I had been home only a few minutes when I noticed the glass had shattered. It seemed to have imploded due to the heat and air conditioning combined. The dealership would not accept the fact that it could have been their workmanship or defect in the glass. The glass went into the seat cover about 2 inches deep and would have severely injured a person sitting in that seat. Luckily, the car had just been parked and no one was inside. Glass was thrown throughout the car. No sign of damage due to vandalism or otherwise. Be careful!!

Driving this car was fun until now. I am concerned about safety since this incidence. I expected more for my money.

Fix the glass so that no one gets hurt, otherwise I loved the car and had lots of compliments driving it.

Another Nissan
By fourth Nissan

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my fourth Nissan vehicle. I previously owned an Altima 3.5 v6 and loved the drive. I wanted better gas mileage, AWD and an overall vehicle style change. I loved the look of the Rogue and although I was not sure about the power (2.5) I could not resist the overall interior and exterior quality and extras that were offered. I purchased the Rogue SL AWD leather package and absolutely LOVE the drive. The pickup is smooth and responsive and surprisingly I do not miss the V6 at all! Gas mileage is great for my lengthy commute, not to mention satellite radio to make my ride that much enjoyable. My husband finds the vehicle roomy, and there's plenty of space in the back for my 2yr old toddler

Stylish interior and exterior, Bose stereo system, satellite radio, bluetooth, smooth ride, leather seating, moonroof, moodlighting, xenon & fog lighting, Nissan intelligent key, 6 way power front seat very comfortable, Homelink option, auto dim mirror, paddle shifters, steering wheel controls, etc.

Not much... automatic open rear cargo door, locking gas door, navigation as in dash option.

Great Little SUV
By Geemurf

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In the commuting world of Metro New York the Rogue is fantastic. Great gas mileage 26 MPG in AWD, not just FWD like the CRV. Handles the parkways, highways, and yes even the Tapanzee Bridge with steel plates and all remarkably. No hydroplaning on the Saw Mill in a downpour. Almost astonishing power for a 4 cylinder engine, great ride. Roomy even for a 6'4" person. Not to mention nice styling, nice looks. Buy this car.

Bluetooth, Bose sound system (but not XM), great MPG for an SUV even in AWD.

Can't think of anything.