Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Nissan Rogue SL AWD - A Great Find!
By E. P.

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked/drove many cars bfore this purchase - Forester, Matrix, Patriot, Compass, etc. I was so impressed with the Rogue. The fit, finish & interior is excellent. There is more driver room than my wife's Sienna. I was impressed with the mpg, standard airbags, vsc, and room. It drives smoothly, handles well in turns, and the front seats are very comfortable. Critics claim the cargo area is too small. I find it adequate. The Orange color gets much attention and looks great. I didn't get leather (first time ever) and am happy with the cloth. This product feels substantial and refined.

Fit & finish, MPG with AWD, ride quality, front seats, safety features, CVT with shifters on wheel, keyless entry/start, stereo system, driving height, computer screen location.

Body side moldings please!, hard to see temp lights on dials during daytime, a bit of a nose job needed, lockable fuel door, rear visibility could be better.

Mouse in the house
By Canadian Rogue Owner

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love this car. The clearance and fuel economy were the deciding factors for buying it. We live on a farm and have experienced in the seven months that we've owned it: two separate mouse nests in the heater fan, dirt and ice build up in the wheels and grinding noise from the front end (which is now on going). We didn't have problems like this with the Oldsmobile we used as a trade in. We also added a spoiler to reduce the dust and snow build- up on the back window, but it didn't do that. The spoiler did help the fuel economy somewhat though. We are getting the stated fuel economy and it is fun to drive.

XM radio, bluetooth, keyless entry and start, CVT and the shifters on the steering wheel.

Something needs to be added to the ventilation system to keep rodents out and the wheels could use a redesign to keep mud and ice out. Auto headlights would be nice too.

Love Car... without the problems!
By MYCAR

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this vehicle in Jan after searching for many months. Had a 6 cyl Ford Windstar minivan, and wanted SUV style w/o the high cost and poor gas milage. After 3300 miles, like other reviewers began hearing rattling noice in driver front side, as well as hesitation when accelerating. Brought back in at 8500 miles, and was told need new transmission! They have had to replace others. I just got the car back 3 days ago, and it STILL hesitates, however rattling is gone, for now. Loved this car, however not sure if it's going to last me many more years. Don't roll down the 2 back windows, as air pressure/noise is terrible.

VDC, very comfortable to drive (travel for a living), great gas mileage,

Better transmission! Improve visibility in rear.

A great, fun, economical, cheap, vehicle
By VeryImpressed

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Finally. We have a crossover that is all car in terms of comfort and luxury design. And yet tall and visible like an SUV. The Rogue has an impressive road presence that I really enjoy. It certainly isn't as tall as the Xterra I turned in. But it impresses me in every category. For an i4 this car is very torquey but you will want the manual shift... otherwise it is slow to respond. The leather is beautiful. Bose system is a typical Bose system :). I should have gotten a moonroof. The car whips around turns and turns heads. It feels slow but it is because of the great suspension. You're actually outrunning all those people around you. Buy a Rogue!

Leather, smooth CVT, torquey I-4, Bose, passenger comfort, Homelink, Bluetooth! XM, seats that "hug" you. Manual shift (very fun)! Suspension.

Bigger armrest, Read fold down armrest (this vehicle "almost" qualifies as luxury), better console storage compartment. Door storage bins.

Nissan Rogue SUV
By A Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Nissan Rogue SUV AWD, totally fit out with all the luxury package items about 4 weeks ago. So far, I like the following aspects: cool design, engine power, radio/Bose speakers/satellite, cargo room, ease of use. I think the car rides a little harshly and jiggles and jumps too easily in response to bumps. It should have a memory seat feature also. However, it does satisfy my wish for a car/SUV that is sports, gets > 20 mpg in city driving, has cargo room, and lots of amenities.

Satellite radio, responsive engine, cool design.

Memory seating. Smoother ride (? less sporty drive train)

• SUV