2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
The Ride
By Frank on 08/14/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car for about a year. GAs got to $.00 gal so had to try something else. I drove this the Honda CRV, and Toyota and found the best mixture of creature comforts was the Nissan. CRV had no get up and go, Toyota was to pricy for the product.This offered the best ride, economy, and value. We are considering getting another one for my wife.

Proud owner of Rogue
By Jegan on 02/28/09 09:40 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We compared CRV and Rav4 before going with our Rogue. The main reason for us is the front seat comfort. I never go below the 20 miles per gallon. I also love the handsfree phone option and the reliability of the car. The cargo is little disappointing but compromisable compared to other features.

Rogue over CRV and RAV4
By Lynn C. on 01/03/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I reviewed the CRV, RAV4 and Rogue. I owned a Honda for 10 yrs, my husband likes Toyota.I talked to people with Nissan's and got good feedback. I LOVE my Rogue! I get 24.6 mpg. I love the heated seats. It is easy to maneuver in parking spaces and has great pick up on the highway. I tend to drive fast (75-80) and it doesn't shake or hesitate at that speed, runs smooth and relatively quiet. The Bose sound system is awesome. The only negative I have about the Rogue is the rear visibility. It's hard to see when backing up. The slant on the rear window, plus it's small size makes it hard to see behind you. I'm getting used to using the side mirrors. I recommend the Rogue!

Wind noise problem
By jar on 11/17/08 13:08 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Like the size and outside design of the car. Fuel economy is good. MAJOR wind problem driving over 70 mph on highway. Howling and screaming wind noise comes from both sides of the front windshield. Have taken it in twice to add foam sealer. Nissan Corp said the noise was "acceptable". We also own a Honda CRV which has a super quiet ride. Would not recommend the Rogue.

Love this car
By Providence on 10/31/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am absolutely in love with this car. It drives amazing. I love having an SUV. I went from a 2005 altima to an 08 rogue and i love love love this car. I even have my boyfriend who has an infiniti loving it- and he's a automotive "snob" jk he's not but he like his performance vehicles. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Loving it so far
By Dennis on 10/03/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time having an suv, great car so far. First time I stepped on the gas to pass a car my head hit the head restraint from the pickup it had. With a mix of 70/30 highway/city I am currently at 26 mpg after 1200 miles, and this tank is currently showing 27.7. Looking forward to it getting better as it continues to break in. Like the high ride, extremely smooth, even made my wife fall asleep which she doesn't do in cars. Bose system sounds pretty good when its turned up. Like the orange mood light near the moonroof switch. Son loves when the moonroof it open. Plenty of room for us, easily fits golf bags.

My "Little" Rogue
By hydro1 on 08/07/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked and looked for the right car to replace my 98 Honda Odyssey (all done w/babies and toddlers, yea!). Started wanting a wagon, but ended up in the crossover market. I'm so happy with my choice, and I can't believe how well it's fitting into our lives. It's actually more roomy in the front than our van. The kids are super comfortable in the back seats and don't seem to miss the reclining feature at all. I find plenty of room in the cargo area, and am figuring out how to rack it up to be able to carry bikes, skis, etc. Love the black/red cloth interior, it's kind of retro and very cool.

Not a Rogue
By Lperry on 06/20/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a chevy tahoe thought I would hate it. The Rogue handles better and has almost the same power to weight. So far city mpg is 26-27, hiway mpg is 25-26 @ 70-80 mph. we live miles down an unpaved road and it handles the rough rock road better than our truck. Thought I needed the manual shift option for the large hills, but I only use it to hotrod around tight corners. The CVT works great

Good Value
By #t9msacharm on 05/22/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Owned for 1 month, 5700 miles and have have noticed only 1 easy to remedy problem... major blind spot on each side that I fixed with a $3 conical mirror. Otherwise my mpg has averaged over 27, ride is quite and very similar to my 350Z and wife's Altima. Nissan's aren't the smoothest ride but very comparable to Honda and Toyota and the Nissan 4 cylinder on cruise does maintain highway speeds and climbing hills much better.

Loving My New Rogue!!!
By lay on 05/01/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purched the 08 Nissan Rogue SL Premium and I'm absolutly in love!!! It was a HUGE upgrade from my 2001 Camry. I got everything I wanted with this car. The style,comfort and price is unbeatable. It's a quiet, smooth ride with great electronic features and roomy. Makes tight turns and the look is SeXy! I am very pleased with the Rogue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.