Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SL SUV Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Bad Transmissions - Terrible customer service
By Huzefa Mamoola

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

No Nissans for me again! Rogue CVT Transmission failed at 119K, got it fixed under warranty from the dealer. The car failed in Savannah, GA, 640 Miles from my home. After 1280+ miles of driving to and from Savannah to collect the vehicle, the Nissan 1 rep kept saying that they don't have any policy to at least reimburse me for the rental car for the trip nor even gave me vouchers for future repairs in the vehicle, nor was willing to commit to increasing the warranty period on the new transmission. They stuck to their 'policy' throughout the conversation about not reimbursing anything. No goodwill towards the customer and no regard of what the customer has been through with a transmission failure in a car that I hoped will go at least to 200K miles without major issues. Everything was a 'No, not in our policy'. Nissan, you lost a customer today forever. Adios.

Poor Seats and Bad Gas Mileage
By newowner2012

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 FWD Rogue a week ago. I am so disappointed. I commute 60 miles round trip via Interstate to work, so little of my mileage is in town. I am lucky to get 23 mpg. I don't drive super fast, usually anywhere between 60 and top out at 80 on rare occasions. I see reviews on here of people getting fantastic gas mileage. I don't understand why mine is so poor! Any ideas? My gas costs have gone up $100/month (projected) and I had not planned for that kind of an increase!

The seats for me are very uncomfortable. My upper back has no support. The upper part of the seat leans back too far for me and I find myself in pain.

Terrible time seeing out the back - dangerous to back up!

Aesthetics - exterior looks nice. Enjoying being higher up than in a sedan and like I have more storage now.

Poor gas mileage, Poor visibility, uncomfortable seats, few places to place items in car.

Any ladies on the design team?
By Dabbo

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fell in love with the Rogue from the tv commercial. Love being up high b/c I can see better. The Rogue is a perfect fit for someone short. I don't have to climb up to get in or slide down getting out. Handles well, but makes a funny noise in high winds, like wind shear around the windows or something. Couple of interior rattles the dealership doesn't want to fix - not happy about that, since they started within the first 6 months. Obviously no females on the design team - not enough 'nooks & crannies' for storage - have to use cup holders, then move stuff if I need to use them. Have had 3 recalls already...another negative. Probably won't buy another 1st. year model of anything again.

Bose 6-cd changer, cargo cover, rear cup holders

Not NEARLY enough close storage for the driver. Pockets in the door & behind the seat are not convenient if you're driving! Need more easily- accessible storage (other than console) for cell phone, ipod, etc. Blind spots are bad - 360 camera would be great.

Don't do the recall
By Junior

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We were satisfied with our vehicle until we had a transmission recall performed. The week of thanksgiving, drove from SE Ok to Atl., Ga. averaged 27-32 mpg. After returning home, took to local Nissan dealer for the recall, returned to Atl. the very next day, average mileage was 20-24 mpg. They call me a liar said it is impossible They lie

none

Move console and window/door controls to the rear 6 inches. Install more insulation in the rear compartment

Rogue Rocks!
By Navyman

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years and have put 47,000 miles on it.I drive every day 120 miles to work and back in norhtern Colorado where we get all types of weather snow, rain. heat etc.This vehicle has been nothing short of outstanding.I never worry about the heavy snow, rain, wind or anything on my way to work.I am as comfortable in the Rogue as I am in my Camry or my Altima.I have taken it on long trips in excess of 1400 miles and have loved the performance,gas mileage up to 30 miles per gallon(avg 28.4 overall for city and highway, ) This vehicle was assembled in Japan and the Nissan quality and craftsmanship show.The Tires are Continental and have 47,000 miles on them and are like new!

Seating, sunroof is really quiet,power of the engine and quick response. Great gas mileage. This vehicle is tops for being quiet when traveling - you can carry n a normal voice level conversation in the car. Blue Tooth rocks!

Rear window is very small which leads to visibility problems when backing. I put on a wide vision rear view mirror to help compensate for visibility problems