Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

The Ride
By Frank

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car for about a year. GAs got to $.00 gal so had to try something else. I drove this the Honda CRV, and Toyota and found the best mixture of creature comforts was the Nissan. CRV had no get up and go, Toyota was to pricy for the product.This offered the best ride, economy, and value. We are considering getting another one for my wife.

Handling, and economy

Reduce highway noise in the back and give the BOSE system the Base sounds they are noted for.

Proud owner of Rogue
By Jegan

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We compared CRV and Rav4 before going with our Rogue. The main reason for us is the front seat comfort. I never go below the 20 miles per gallon. I also love the handsfree phone option and the reliability of the car. The cargo is little disappointing but compromisable compared to other features.

handsfree blootooth, front seat comfort, bose audio, heated seats and car design

Factory Remote start for high end models and Navigation. More cargo space.

Rogue over CRV and RAV4
By Lynn C.

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I reviewed the CRV, RAV4 and Rogue. I owned a Honda for 10 yrs, my husband likes Toyota.I talked to people with Nissan's and got good feedback. I LOVE my Rogue! I get 24.6 mpg. I love the heated seats. It is easy to maneuver in parking spaces and has great pick up on the highway. I tend to drive fast (75-80) and it doesn't shake or hesitate at that speed, runs smooth and relatively quiet. The Bose sound system is awesome. The only negative I have about the Rogue is the rear visibility. It's hard to see when backing up. The slant on the rear window, plus it's small size makes it hard to see behind you. I'm getting used to using the side mirrors. I recommend the Rogue!

Heated seats, Bluetooth, Bose stereo, Smart Key (it's great not to dig for car keys in my purse!).

Rear visibility needs improved.

Wind noise problem
By jar

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Like the size and outside design of the car. Fuel economy is good. MAJOR wind problem driving over 70 mph on highway. Howling and screaming wind noise comes from both sides of the front windshield. Have taken it in twice to add foam sealer. Nissan Corp said the noise was "acceptable". We also own a Honda CRV which has a super quiet ride. Would not recommend the Rogue.

Outside look.

Until they can get a handle on the wind noise no other changes would matter.

Love this car
By Providence

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am absolutely in love with this car. It drives amazing. I love having an SUV. I went from a 2005 altima to an 08 rogue and i love love love this car. I even have my boyfriend who has an infiniti loving it- and he's a automotive "snob" jk he's not but he like his performance vehicles. Love it. Love it. Love it.

The only thing I noticed was the pickup when getting on the highway but i drive like a grandma anyway so it's not really an issue for me.