Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Bad Transmissions - Terrible customer service
By Huzefa Mamoola

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

No Nissans for me again! Rogue CVT Transmission failed at 119K, got it fixed under warranty from the dealer. The car failed in Savannah, GA, 640 Miles from my home. After 1280+ miles of driving to and from Savannah to collect the vehicle, the Nissan 1 rep kept saying that they don't have any policy to at least reimburse me for the rental car for the trip nor even gave me vouchers for future repairs in the vehicle, nor was willing to commit to increasing the warranty period on the new transmission. They stuck to their 'policy' throughout the conversation about not reimbursing anything. No goodwill towards the customer and no regard of what the customer has been through with a transmission failure in a car that I hoped will go at least to 200K miles without major issues. Everything was a 'No, not in our policy'. Nissan, you lost a customer today forever. Adios.

Muuuurannoo
By Morgan

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Rogue for a rogue
By Marc Gear

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Read the reviews when it first came out. Great fuel economy!
I am 6'6" , my son is the same and my daughter is also tall. bought this car so we could all fit in!
My wife is above average but not in height and fits also.

Very disappointed! !!!
By kiki

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My first car. It's a shame that I am not too happy. Two days every other week I have to call out of work. Because it will blank out in the middle of traffic the same distance everytime. Now a few months later. It's getting kinda cold. When I start it in the morning. When I press the gas the car goes no where. I Will Then Have To Turn Off The Ignition Then Turn It Back On Five Minutes later. I hate it. My biggest turn off.

HeLLOOOOO Nissan- Can you hear us?
By Anne Luchetti

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have same frustration and negative review of CVT as most owners here...I have owned this vehicle from 0 to current 128,000 miles. I had NO indication of a problem with the transmission. Yesterday I got in the car, put the car in gear and it will not move. Like it is in neutral. The engine just raced. Towed to Nissan. Service manager says "its your trannie--it will be $3,952 to install a rebuilt one." Seriously! Dealer said that was the best he could do. How can there be so many problems with this particular CVT Transmission and Nissan not have a better plan to deal with this particular defect. I then had it towed to a transmission shop....since it is NOT covered under warranty anyhow I am going to give them a shot. At least they are offering a 12 month warranty on their job! When you take care of your vehicle It should not fail in this manner.