2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Rogue Saved My Life Today!
By Monica on 11/10/09 16:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in an accident today and I have to say that my Rogue held up well. I was T-boned by a Big GMC Yukon that hit me at about 40mph. While the doors did suffer lots of damage, the side air bags saved my son and me from getting lots of glass in our face. Overall we got away with a few bumps and bruises. Thanks to my Rogue!

The Reviewers just don't understand
By scott on 01/28/09 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The reviewers say the CVT is "odd" but driving CVT takes a new skill. Once mastered you will love it! Beautiful interior, great performance on road and VERY fun on dirt roads with AWD I recommend the leather with red stitching, beautiful. I get lots of compliments on the sound of the exhaust. The paddle shifters are fun but you don't "need" them for fun. Lots of head and leg room compliments from passengers. Corners great. Accelerates better than many V6s on the road with me. Kinda hard to see out the rear, but it's small so you can use the mirrors typically, very few blind spots. Love the in-floor cargo box and HUGE glove box. Probably the largest on any vehicle. Love the stylish gauges and audio.

Beautiful Car
By mark on 01/03/09 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a Mercury Cougar for My Rogue and so far I love it! The car is beautiful and a joy to drive. The sound system is first rate and I love having satellite radio and will actually keep it after the trial period. The cargo area is big and roomy. I wish a car cover would have come with the car. I have no garage and want to keep it pristine because I plan to keep it for a long time. So I am saving for a car cover!

Wonderful
By ROGUE RUNNER on 12/13/08 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rogue. It is fun to drive. I see people turning heads when I drive by. It has a very smooth ride. It handles very well. I feel very comfortable driving this SUV. The gas mileage is definitely a great asset. I would recommend this car to everyone. I think this is the best purchase I have every made. Thanks Nissan:)

Good purchase for the price
By snottygirl on 11/27/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased this car (base S version without any options) 2 days ago, love it so far. Much bigger than expected, good road performance with the CVT, it just takes some time getting used to the no shifting thing, lock out the OD in hilly sections and enjoy the ride. While more features would be nice the cost of the car was quite reasonable for the quality. I needed a new commuter car because my 1999 subaru forester with 140K miles was about to die and the new forester seemed very cheap feeling, tried the crv (great car) but it all came down to price. While not looking forward to the first real snow it will be interesting to experience the worst nj can throw at this car.

LOVE my Rogue
By jldono2 on 08/28/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 6 years, and so far I love my Rogue. I was worried about a 4 cyl not having enough power, and this car has plenty of power passing, going up the mountains. So far I love my new Rogue!!

Lovin' it!
By teachWV on 07/23/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Rogue on 7/12, trading an '01 Toyota RAV4. After doing a lot of research (via Edmunds), and test-driving a few other vehicles (Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson), I tried out the Rogue. I was sold! The ride is incredibly smooth, seems like a much larger, more expensive sedan. To echo another WV owner, it has plenty of power to get me where I need to go in our Mountain State! I'm on the first tank of gas that I've purchased; mileage is looking good! I would like to see a locking fuel door, however.

Wow
By Penny on 02/26/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have found just what I needed. I was looking for a all wheel drive vehicle. Checked out a few other, but keep coming back to the Rogue. The style is classy and uplifting. Not the standard handling or look for a SUV. Drives more like a car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.