Used 2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Very disappointed! !!!
By kiki

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My first car. It's a shame that I am not too happy. Two days every other week I have to call out of work. Because it will blank out in the middle of traffic the same distance everytime. Now a few months later. It's getting kinda cold. When I start it in the morning. When I press the gas the car goes no where. I Will Then Have To Turn Off The Ignition Then Turn It Back On Five Minutes later. I hate it. My biggest turn off.

Did Not Last
By Lisa

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2008 Nissan Rogue was great the first 2 years I had it. Into my second year of owning this vehicle, the transmission died. There was a 60,000 mile warranty on the transmission originally, but Nissan upgraded the warranty to 120,000 miles due to the problems these transmissions were having. Nissan replaced the transmission, but the car was never the same. The car couldn't handle a 40 mile trip without losing power. After driving about 40 miles and exiting the freeway, the car did not want to accelerate. After that, the air bag light began blinking. found out that this repair costs about $1600. This car seemed to have problems every couple months.

I ended up trading my 2008 Nissan Rogue for a 2013 Ford Edge.

OMG What have I done!
By Dawn B

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Rogue for 2 weeks! It has been in the shop twice and I have to bring it in again and leave it for a day and a half.
2 days after buying it the AC died and turned into heat that still came through the vents when off and this was during a heat wave! Then the tire function light came on, then the rattle under the driver side when I start it. Called the dealership, brought it in. (I live over an hour away- my stupidity) The tech came out after 2 hours of waiting to tell me they figured out what was wrong but the parts wouldn't be in for a couple days. Now there is another noise from the CVT, it hesitates on acceleration and is wheezing. Thank God my husband is paranoid and we bought the extra coverage.
So what do we do? Haven't even made a payment yet! I am disabled and we traded my Rav for the Rogue~ I drive to PT twice a week, an hour each way. I need a dependable vehicle that im not going to get heatstroke in while driving. I live in Mass so I have the Lemon law on my side to a point. I'm going through all the complaints, making a list, checking recalls, making sure they have been taken care of against my vehicle. When I go in to drop it off I will be armed with all this info and just may demand another vehicle. I should of checked here before shopping, I'm so P/O'd!

Rogue Saved My Life Today!
By Monica

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in an accident today and I have to say that my Rogue held up well. I was T-boned by a Big GMC Yukon that hit me at about 40mph. While the doors did suffer lots of damage, the side air bags saved my son and me from getting lots of glass in our face. Overall we got away with a few bumps and bruises. Thanks to my Rogue!

CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS!!!!, BOSE sound system, exterior design.

ignition problems (fixed), Lots of road noise. More padding on seats.

The Reviewers just don't understand
By scott

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The reviewers say the CVT is "odd" but driving CVT takes a new skill. Once mastered you will love it! Beautiful interior, great performance on road and VERY fun on dirt roads with AWD I recommend the leather with red stitching, beautiful. I get lots of compliments on the sound of the exhaust. The paddle shifters are fun but you don't "need" them for fun. Lots of head and leg room compliments from passengers. Corners great. Accelerates better than many V6s on the road with me. Kinda hard to see out the rear, but it's small so you can use the mirrors typically, very few blind spots. Love the in-floor cargo box and HUGE glove box. Probably the largest on any vehicle. Love the stylish gauges and audio.

HID headlights with adjustable leveling, trip computer, Bose, speakers, tweeters, subwoofers, leather, heated seats, air vents are very adjustable, high output a/c fan, bluetooth, lots of power ports, CVT, keyless everything, electric steering (increases hp), 17" polished alloy rims, price point.

Front/rear passenger lumbar and electric adjustments, rear heated seats, automatic headlights, towing is barely enough to pull a jetski. Probably limited by CVT not the chassis or 4 cyl.