2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Poor Seats and Bad Gas Mileage
By newowner2012 on 03/07/12 19:21 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 FWD Rogue a week ago. I am so disappointed. I commute 60 miles round trip via Interstate to work, so little of my mileage is in town. I am lucky to get 23 mpg. I don't drive super fast, usually anywhere between 60 and top out at 80 on rare occasions. I see reviews on here of people getting fantastic gas mileage. I don't understand why mine is so poor! Any ideas? My gas costs have gone up $100/month (projected) and I had not planned for that kind of an increase! The seats for me are very uncomfortable. My upper back has no support. The upper part of the seat leans back too far for me and I find myself in pain. Terrible time seeing out the back - dangerous to back up!

Any ladies on the design team?
By Dabbo on 07/01/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fell in love with the Rogue from the tv commercial. Love being up high b/c I can see better. The Rogue is a perfect fit for someone short. I don't have to climb up to get in or slide down getting out. Handles well, but makes a funny noise in high winds, like wind shear around the windows or something. Couple of interior rattles the dealership doesn't want to fix - not happy about that, since they started within the first 6 months. Obviously no females on the design team - not enough 'nooks & crannies' for storage - have to use cup holders, then move stuff if I need to use them. Have had 3 recalls already...another negative. Probably won't buy another 1st. year model of anything again.

Don't do the recall
By Junior on 03/22/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We were satisfied with our vehicle until we had a transmission recall performed. The week of thanksgiving, drove from SE Ok to Atl., Ga. averaged 27-32 mpg. After returning home, took to local Nissan dealer for the recall, returned to Atl. the very next day, average mileage was 20-24 mpg. They call me a liar said it is impossible They lie

Rogue Rocks!
By Navyman on 11/07/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years and have put 47,000 miles on it.I drive every day 120 miles to work and back in norhtern Colorado where we get all types of weather snow, rain. heat etc.This vehicle has been nothing short of outstanding.I never worry about the heavy snow, rain, wind or anything on my way to work.I am as comfortable in the Rogue as I am in my Camry or my Altima.I have taken it on long trips in excess of 1400 miles and have loved the performance,gas mileage up to 30 miles per gallon(avg 28.4 overall for city and highway, ) This vehicle was assembled in Japan and the Nissan quality and craftsmanship show.The Tires are Continental and have 47,000 miles on them and are like new!

"Very Disappointed"
By LISA on 08/10/09 06:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I buy my Rouge in July 2008 in my 4 months used the car CheckEngine on. The dealer say me nothing happen only need be careful to gas plugin correctly and the checkengine is off. But that not happen. My second request to check the car dealer found a problem is the gas censor had fabric damage. The dearler repair but in 1 year have the car appear more problems at this time is the temperature very high, airconditioner dont working and shaky all car.

Heart Broken
By deb on 07/27/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Rogue since Dec of 2008.So far I've had to replace the transmission at 10,000 miles. So I am very disappointed in Nissian had high expectations for this vehicle. Sure hope Nissian can get thier act together and fix this defect. I've had Nissians in the past and this has mad me loose confidence in them.

Nissan Rogue SL 2WD 2008
By Charles on 07/25/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We drive mostly in town, stop and go traffic (estimate 85%). Our gas mileage since purchase is 23.79 MPG for total mileage of 7000+ miles. It handles very well in town as well as interstate speed of 75 MPH. When climbing steep grades it is so smooth with the transmission. No sudden jerk it just varies itself and the engine speeds up smoothly to handle the grade. We have had it for 15 months and have not had to take it in for "ANY" problem. It is a great vehicle. I highly recommend it. Our only negative is the speedometer does not have a bright marker in 5 MPH increments. It is in 10 MPH Increments.

Fun car, love it!
By T on 07/24/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Corolla S for the Rogue when my lease was up & I love it. Rear window takes some getting used to (so did my Prius) tho after 2 or 3 weeks it was nothing. Both my husband & myself find that it has a smooth ride & is very comfortable. I get pretty good mileage- 24.4-24.8 MPG for the life of the car average, which is 97% in town (compared to 30 in Corolla 1/2 fwy, 1/2 city) & I love to drive fast. I just can't resist in such a peppy car & in that aspect its way more impressive than the Corolla & its much bigger. Its very cute inside & out. Looked at 7 other cars before deciding on this one-I'm glad we waited! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a car they will love.

Good Choice!
By ks on 07/20/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Needed to buy a 4cylinder (sigh) as gas prices are SKY HIGH in Hawaii. So glad I chose the Rogue SL. It handles like a sedan except it's higher above the road - like an SUV. Turning radius is fantastic. Gas mileage is good and it really is FUN to drive! Bose system w/6 CD changer is a winner.

Bad Experience
By BAD Experience on 03/27/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am sorry to say, Our family looked for a crossover vehicle for a while then we found the Rogue the gas mileage was the selling point along with the looks and supposedly the reliability(Not So!) We owned the vehile less than a year traded the vehicle at 16,000 at this time we had already had two transmissions and was in need of the third NO one could explain if there would ever be a fix. I was concerned for the safety of my family so I tried working with the dealer and with Nissan all you get is political answers no one wanted to take the blame for selling a vehicle that did not perform to the standards that the dealer sold it at or would Nissan communicate there concern of there customer

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.