2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Biggest Disappointment of my Life
By mslissa on 07/17/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a Rogue because all the reviews I had read were great!!! I have hated this vehicle since the day I drove it off the lot, I wanted to return it, but the dealership said no sorry, once the ownership is done it's yours. I traded in my Mazda Tribute because I was looking for something newer and maybe better on gas. I miss my Mazda so much, this was such a huge mistake and I am looking to trade it in, but I owe more than the trade in value so regardless I will be taking a loss. The transmission is ready to go any day, wheel bearings, it seems the most costly things to repair are what goes on these vehicles. I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it!

Love My Roque
By RogueFan on 07/04/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2008 Nissan Rogue. It is my first "grown up" car, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. My husband and I are both over 6' tall, and we both fit comfortably in the front seats. The interior and exterior are very well-designed (this opinion is coming from a professional product designer). Nissan really did a great job of including a number of convenient features in the Rogue (i.e., a deep glove compartment, nice cup holders, an auxiliary plug, pen holders, insurance card holders, etc.). The Rogue comes with great safety features such as side curtain air bags and a tire air pressure monitor. These are great features that come standard on the base model Rogue S.

My best car
By unclewimp on 10/17/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Forget any negative reports about this car. These people probably did not heed to the owner instructions. I am a mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership. I bought this vehicle because of the technical achievements. It is fun, it is good on gas, it is a pleasure to drive. As for the CVT, have no fear, it is great! The CVT has been used in off road and heavy duty equipment for years. The limitations of this car are negligible and in some cases non-existent. There is some room for improvement, but it is insignificant compared to the overall splendor of this exceptional vehicle.

Perfect car!
By iluvkev on 09/24/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased the Rogue on Sept. 3, 2008 and so far it's wonderful! It rides so smooth I can barely feel the bumps in the road. It has plenty of room for my family of 5. It's cute, peppy, and a reliable Nissan. I've had several cars in the past but this one I refer to as my "baby". I have the pretty blue one and I love the color!

Great Small SUV
By bradwesley on 08/14/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was a great buy. I am very impressed with its great mpg. I get about 23-25 mpg in the city and about 29-30 mpg on the highway. I am also impressed with its acceleration. I have no problem passing on the highway. I really enjoy the CVT. It is smooth and very nice. The interior is very nice and functional.

Lots of style
By LT on 05/24/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had considered a CR-V, and even a Vibe, but the styling (and the gas mileage) really caught my eye. This is a fun vehicle to drive. It maneuvers easily and has lots of pep. We took it on an 1,800 road trip and there was plenty of power for passing at highway speeds. The CVT works smoothly. So far, mileage has been good; 25 combined and near 30 on the road trip.

Loves It
By Gwynne on 05/09/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After graduating from college and getting my first "real" job I decided it was time to upgrade my car. I've always wanted a Murano but couldn't see spending that kind of money. I saw a commercial for the Rogue and went to check it out. Fell in love right away. It's the perfect solution to not being able to afford the Murano. I love driving it! It's a great size and easy to park which is important for me b/c I park in small parking garages in Chicago. It drives so smooth and I love that you don't feel the engine shifting (or whatever). My gas mileage isn't great.. mixed hwy/city I've had 18 mpg, but I've only filled up twice. I'm keeping an eye on it.

FIRST SUV AND LOVIN' IT
By MARLCARL on 04/30/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We are senior citizens and bought this car for the ease of getting in and out and wanted to sit up a bit higher when driving. This car surprised us with how much fun it is to drive. It is very smooth handling and so far great on gas, getting the 27 mpg it was said to get. It feels like you are driving a much smaller car. We had a Honda Accord before and this one handles much nicer believe it or not. You will not be sorry if you buy this car. You will love it.

Great bang for the buck
By tellurian on 04/25/08 01:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is an excellent little car. For a modestly priced vehicle it has all the basic safety and handling features. I've had it for a week, it is a solid and well built vehicle.

Awesome, Comfortable, Fun to Drive!!!
By RMoore on 04/02/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded the Hyundai tucson GLS and have not had the first regret. the Rogue is fun to drive, easy on the wallet, and great at the gas pumps! I wish Nissan had these two years ago and I would never have purchased the Hyundai.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$120 per month*