2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Update on 2008 Rogue - BAD!!!!!
By tamoshanter55 on 04/16/14 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

OK...so here's my update on my 2008 Rogue, SL AWD, since 2010. a year and a half ago the CVT transmission went out. although Nissan extended the warranty on it to 120,000, it happened at 124k and they wouldn't replace it. ok, so i paid almost $5000 to replace it. then last month, at 185,000, the timing chain broke. mechanic said that he could go into it and replace it about $2000-$3000, but if he went in and found the teeth broken on the gears, or any other damage that could have happened, then the engine would have to be replaced at about $5000. needless to say, i decided to throw in the the towel and not put any more into it.

CVT transmission problems
By bille60 on 08/07/13 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our 2008 Rogue S AWD new from the dealership. Nice looking, fun to drive, great safety features, and the AWD is fantastic. Never had to be towed. I noticed the transmission had a slight high pitch whine when it was new - going up steep hills. I thought it was just normal for a CVT. Then as time went on (about 20,000 miles) the transmission developed a loud high pitch whine going up steep hills - especially in the summer heat. At 30,503 miles the dealer replaced the transmission fluid because of my complaints about the CVT noise. Nissan has replaced 2 CVT transmissions so far.

Biggest Disappointment of my Life
By mslissa on 07/17/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a Rogue because all the reviews I had read were great!!! I have hated this vehicle since the day I drove it off the lot, I wanted to return it, but the dealership said no sorry, once the ownership is done it's yours. I traded in my Mazda Tribute because I was looking for something newer and maybe better on gas. I miss my Mazda so much, this was such a huge mistake and I am looking to trade it in, but I owe more than the trade in value so regardless I will be taking a loss. The transmission is ready to go any day, wheel bearings, it seems the most costly things to repair are what goes on these vehicles. I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it!

WORST CAR EVER!
By steversteves on 03/18/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I hate this car so much, I would give anything for someone to crash into me and total it. I have invested so much money in fixing this car it's disgusting and after you fix one thing, the other thing breaks. I bought it used with new tires and breaks and it was a very handsome car. Since owning it I have had numerous issues with the tires, I have had the drive shaft blow out on me, leaving me stranded in the middle of a city where I was alone and far away from home, breaking system problems, sensor problems, drive quality issues, heat shield issues and the windshield cracks like it's no one's business. I am counting the days till it's gone! I drive it in constant fear of it breaking down.

This car doesn't handle the cold temperature well
By asianlee on 01/24/13 15:17 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Own my car for almost 5 years, the same problems kept happening on the driver's side door. I couldn't open from the outside but inside. It was covered under the warranty when I got it fix in 2009. It happened again last January, and once again this January. I will pay around $350 to replace the door lock actuator. This problem did occur on the cold day like -10 centigrade. I am looking forward to buy another brand new card this summer and it won't be from Nissan for sure.

Extremely disappointed
By dogprson on 07/09/12 16:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2008 Nissan Rouge brand new about 5 and a half years ago and have had nothing but problems. The current tally is two transmissions, two gas tanks, two gas gauges, one steering column and one speedometer at only 47,000 miles. Not only does the car have mechanical problems, but the car gets door dings and scratches if you look at it wrong! I no longer take my car on trips, even short ones and I barely trust it to get me to and from work as it has broken on this 5 mile trip! I can't wait to get into a car that I can rely on and you can bet it won't be another Nissan. Worst car I have ever owned!

Poor Seats and Bad Gas Mileage
By newowner2012 on 03/07/12 19:21 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 FWD Rogue a week ago. I am so disappointed. I commute 60 miles round trip via Interstate to work, so little of my mileage is in town. I am lucky to get 23 mpg. I don't drive super fast, usually anywhere between 60 and top out at 80 on rare occasions. I see reviews on here of people getting fantastic gas mileage. I don't understand why mine is so poor! Any ideas? My gas costs have gone up $100/month (projected) and I had not planned for that kind of an increase! The seats for me are very uncomfortable. My upper back has no support. The upper part of the seat leans back too far for me and I find myself in pain. Terrible time seeing out the back - dangerous to back up!

Good Commuter for the money
By jazbo01 on 01/01/12 13:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When our first baby came we needed more room and living in wisonsin my wife wanted AWD, we looked into many SUVs and decided on a Rogue AWD. I am very happy with the car so far. My wife travels for her job and we now have 140K on the car! We have had NO issues what so ever! I do all my own maintenance except we had the dealer do the tranny service. It actually has really good passing power and with the CVT tranny you just pin it and let it go! Fun little car in the snow too..very predictable and easy to handle. Fuel Economy is great esp for a AWD. We travel rough dirt roads and it is as tight as the day we bought it! Despite other reviews i highly reccomend the Rouge!

2008 Rogue
By rm101 on 04/29/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2008 Rogue ALS. This car has been taken to the dealership several times, and the dealership says nothing is wrong. My car was under warranty and the transmission was slipping, they said nothing is wrong. Now the car is not under warranty and I cannot even drive it. I have pushed the pedal to the floor and barely go. The dealership now wants to charge to look at it and our dealership is closing and they cannot do anything out it. My car is a 2008 model and has only 52,000 miles. A car this new should not have problems like this. I fully intend to call Nissan and complain. They are not customer oriented. We bought two cars from them within a month's time.

I'd rather chew glass then buy another Rogue
By applesanni on 03/15/11 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought February 2009 brand new, April I already started the CVT problems...the noise NOONE could here BUT me...1000 miles and I had the trans replaced, August 2009 AGAIN the trans had to be replaced, then we have the love Tire Press Light that no matter how much I fill my tires it never went off...again it was ME who was crazy. I just hit 40,000 miles and so far 2 Trans,4 Brand New Tires for $1k,front brakes $400, rear brakes another $400...n now my remote key stopped working, the "fixed both the key and spare....still not working, bluetooth never worked either! Thank god I claimed the Lemon Law or I'd really be unhappy!!!! Save your $$$$$$$ nothing but a headache!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.