2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue Select model:

For Me It Is a Fleet Vehicle...
By nibblecuda

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the Rouge Select for 30k miles in the first 11 months of being assigned to the vehicle. Some days I may only drive a few miles running my kid to school, other days I will drive as much as 733 miles. First off, if you are in the market for a cheap suv / crossover / tall wagon that will get you from point a to point b and is better than public transportation, you may actually appreciate the Rouge Select. It is make from the left over 2013 Rouge parts and offered in the same year as the new Rouge, for a lot less money. So for as far as "value" goes, its not bad. There are many annoyances I have with the Rouge Select however. The small overlap crash tests are rated at marginal (better than poor) by the IIHS. The headlights are horrible / dangerous when it is raining. I ended up installing some good aftermarket LED fog lights to help (no factory fog / driving lights on my model) just don't tell my employer... The sun visors are small and fixed, so I typically spend my mornings that I drive south with one hand on my head to block the sun. In the evenings driving north, same thing. It always sounds like the rear right door is ajar or window is open, especially when the roads are wet (my coworkers experience the same thing). The front seat is uncomfortable (no adjustable lumbar in mine). This has been to the benefit of my chiropractor however. The OEM tires are, well, made by the lowest bidder and were never intended to be driven on ice or snow (mine is a FWD not that that matters when you are sliding through a red light asking for forgiveness to the person who has the green). Snow tires helped a lot! The OEM tires have about 20k miles on them and will need to be replaced soon. Bluetooth is ok at best for phone calls, but it does not stream audio so you still need to use the auxiliary input (more cables, thanks). It does have an iPod button however (do they still make iPods?). The back up camera is decent except when there is dew or rain as it is not well protected and collects water. It gets decent gas mileage (I am averaging a little over 27 with 80% highway miles), but, the gas tank is too small (still a gas tank from a car). I will only be able to get 350 to 400 miles on a tank when on road trips if I overfill the tank. Less if I am mainly in town. The brake rotors needed to be turned at 25k miles (same with my coworkers'). Considering how many miles I put on, the car spends a lot of time with the cruise control on and not braking. My personal vehicles will go 60k or so miles before brake work is needed. The ground clearance is nice for when there is snow. Power is adequate from a dead stop for the class it is in. Passing power from 50mph is, well, kind of scary / boring / not that safe. There is a lot of drama coming from under the hood, but not much going on in the ways of actual acceleration. This is the first CVT vehicle I have driven, and it is different. I get that it helps improve the fuel mileage especially with the CAFE standards the auto manufacturers need to meet, but I do appreciate a hard shifting automatic. Speaking of gas mileage, if you are fortunate enough to live in a state which allows a choice at the gas pump (I don't as everything has a minimum of 10% ethanol), if you pay a little extra and get fuel without ethanol, you will get 10% or so better gas mileage with the Rogue Select. It does haul a decent amount stuff when you fold the rear seats down, remove the passenger's side head rest and lay the seat all the way back. I have brought home a lot of home improvement stuff in it. At the end of the day, you may find the Rogue meets your needs, BUT if you travel a lot like I do, pass this one up, spend a bit more and get something that is comfortable, or ignore my advice and give the money to your chiropractor. P.S. I am in the process of giving the Rogue back and using my own vehicle for work.

Rogue Warrior
By Kalli House

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have a 2015 Rogue Select. Before I tell you why about some things, let me tell you our first SUV was a Chrysler Pacifica (used) that we loved. We were in a situation where we needed another SUV since the Pacifica was on it's last leg and after driving a Jeep Cherokee we found the Rogue Select for about the same price. Happy we didn't go with Jeep. The Rogue is a good car for entry level, which is what it is for. If you are looking for well built interior parts, you won't find it there; it's a lot of plastic but easy to clean! The Rogue Select is fun to drive and easy to maneuver. It has a sport mode which increases your RPMS and decreases your fuel mileage as you drive but fun in hills. We just took the Rogue on a 500 mile trip through hills and it did great, I drove. However the blind spots are horrible, my husband and I about ran two cars (both of us did this) while driving because we did not see it, even checking our mirrors! The back up camera is nice but distracting and doesn't beep when approaching an object..found that out. The car is noisier than I would like and the sound system is sub-par at best. This is an honest review. The car handles great in rain, I feel comfortable in it and for the price it is you probably won't find a better SUV that handles and drives as good as the Rogue Select. I do miss the conveniences I had with the Pacifica such as dual climate control; multiple USB ports; smoother and quieter ride. However that SUV had drawbacks too and that's not the review here. If you want or NEED (as was our case) an entry level SUV then I would suggest this.

Great Car!
By Marji Lexton

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am delighted with my Certified Pre-Owner Rogue Select, purchased from Auto Nation Nisson in Brandon, FL. I didn't have the budget for a Rogue with all the bells and whistles but wanted an SUV. The Rogue Select pre-owned was my answer. I am delighted with it. It has standard airbags, but the safety ratings (crash tests) were not as good as some other SUV models, but still overall better than the car I was driving. And it does have the airbags, antilock brakes, etc., all the typically standard safety features. And the one I chose has a back-up camera. Plus just the safety benefit of driving a bigger vehicle is obvious. I would recommend this vehicle highly to someone like me, on a budget, who wants an SUV.

backup camera
By becky

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

does the backup camera make a noise when backing up? Mine don't?

Tammie H
By Tammie H

2015 Nissan Rogue Select SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Nissan Rogue Select was cheaper then all the other SUV's and I wanted just a basic one. I opted for NO Sunroof I did request a backup camera and the hands free phone. We LOVE our SUV!!! It is SO comfortable and the second seat is very roomy compared to the other SUV's. Not a problem on gas it uses the 87 oct not 91 like my Mazda. It's very reliable and I feel safe in it! I am 5' 9 and so we are tall people and when we go out we usually take our vehicle with comfort. My dram vehicle was an SUV I am 44 and I am so glad that I picked the Nissan Rogue Select. There only a slight difference between the Rogue and the Select. We made the right buy!!!!