The best kept secret in minivans.....
By dking1995 on
2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought a 2014 Quest SV two days ago. I replaced my 2009 Honda Odyssey. As I shopped for vans - the usual suspects were first - Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. I like a mid-level van with lots of features, but no leather (too hot where I live) - so as decked out with cloth as I can get. The SV fit the bill. The Toyota Sienna frankly felt cheap inside - no soft touch surfaces and the plastics on the dash were flimsy. The 2014 Honda Odyssey was well put together, but felt basic unless you got the EX-L or Touring. The Nissan stood out hands down - with lots of soft touch surfaces, wood grain dash, and leather wrapped steering wheel standard on the SV.
Favorite Features
I love the smooth ride of the big V6 with the CVT transmission. The interior is very well appointed for a mid level trim - with leather door inserts, leather wrapped steering wheel, plush comfortable seats, and other goodies like a back up camera and Bluetooth. Also - this is the only van we drove with the Intelligent Key and push button start - which are awesome!!! This was also by far the minivan with the quietest ride - thanks to the CVT transmission and triple sealed doors. It really feels like you are driving a much more expensive vehicle - and yet stickers cheaper than the Toyota or Honda similarly equipped. The sense of value with this van is very high.
Suggested Improvements
My only real complaint is that the Toyota and the Honda minivans seem to have more storage bins and cubbies for the passengers. The Nissan certainly has a lot - and fits everything we need nicely. But if you are used to having a lot of them, the Nissan can seem short in this area. The third row folds forward instead of backwards into the floor. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your situation and use case - but for us was actually a positive as it is much easier to reconfigure the cabin with these style seats. The second row has its own console - which is a plus - but has to be removed manually to fit large cargo items.