2014 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Great van but consider the cargo space.
By flyingdutch1

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming from a Chrysler T&C (terrible quality!) I also looked at the similar priced models of Honda, Toyota and Kia. I picked a Nissan Quest SV because of the interior styling and best drive. The Quest drives very smoothly with a very peppy engine when you need it. Just came back from an Ohio-Florida-Ohio trip with 3 adults and 3 children on board and the van was perfect. The only "gotcha" is the cargo space. Most other vans have a system where the back seat folds into the trunk but the Quest's seats all folds forward creating a somewhat flat loading floor but you lose significant space in height. The Quest has a deep compartment but not very wide so packing was a challenge.

Favorite Features

Compared to similar prices competitive vans the Quest's interior and dashboard looks awesome, you would not even know you were in a van. Our SV had one upgrade (leather package) and I higly recommend it, these seat are extremely comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Make the back seats fold into rear compartment for additional cargo space. The interior colors (I got grey even) are too light and hard to clean.

Best Minivan ever to come to production
By evanlloyd321

2014 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

FINALLY: Space and Fuel efficiency come together. My family finally decided to get a spacious car. Much better than [non-permissible content removed] Subaru outback. **Average 21 MPG, Enough to carry 7 Adults comfortably, and it looks good too. I like this car a lot! Hope it lasts.

Favorite Features

-Great Gas Mileage for its size -Many cup holders -Styling is on-point -Comfort all around -great for long road trips -rear seats fold flat

Suggested Improvements

-the Rear-view mirrors have a funny shape -Optional 8-Passenger layout

The best kept secret in minivans.....
By dking1995

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Quest SV two days ago. I replaced my 2009 Honda Odyssey. As I shopped for vans - the usual suspects were first - Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. I like a mid-level van with lots of features, but no leather (too hot where I live) - so as decked out with cloth as I can get. The SV fit the bill. The Toyota Sienna frankly felt cheap inside - no soft touch surfaces and the plastics on the dash were flimsy. The 2014 Honda Odyssey was well put together, but felt basic unless you got the EX-L or Touring. The Nissan stood out hands down - with lots of soft touch surfaces, wood grain dash, and leather wrapped steering wheel standard on the SV.

Favorite Features

I love the smooth ride of the big V6 with the CVT transmission. The interior is very well appointed for a mid level trim - with leather door inserts, leather wrapped steering wheel, plush comfortable seats, and other goodies like a back up camera and Bluetooth. Also - this is the only van we drove with the Intelligent Key and push button start - which are awesome!!! This was also by far the minivan with the quietest ride - thanks to the CVT transmission and triple sealed doors. It really feels like you are driving a much more expensive vehicle - and yet stickers cheaper than the Toyota or Honda similarly equipped. The sense of value with this van is very high.

Suggested Improvements

My only real complaint is that the Toyota and the Honda minivans seem to have more storage bins and cubbies for the passengers. The Nissan certainly has a lot - and fits everything we need nicely. But if you are used to having a lot of them, the Nissan can seem short in this area. The third row folds forward instead of backwards into the floor. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your situation and use case - but for us was actually a positive as it is much easier to reconfigure the cabin with these style seats. The second row has its own console - which is a plus - but has to be removed manually to fit large cargo items.

Our last Odyssey
By believe

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have ALWAYS been pretty much Honda customers. In fact, since 1977 when we purchased our first new car we have always for the most part purchased Honda. Well times have changed. We decided this time to take the Quest for a drive. It is simply the smoothest, best looking, best interior, at least in our honest opinion. We were fortunate enough to catch the St. Pats day sale and purchased the SV model for approx $8k off MSRP. That has to be the best deal we have ever made, but aside from that, the Quest is so comfortable. Neither the Sienna or Odyssey felt as good as the Quest. BTW, our last two vans were the Odyssey. BTW...we purchased this van for retirement. We didn't need 8 seating.

Favorite Features

Seats, View, comfort, sound system, exterior style, interior style, fold down seats, fantastic vehicle for snow birds. BTW, we didn't need 8 seating, who does? Last I checked most households have 1-3 children. Gone are the days of a dozen kids, not that there is anything wrong with that! ;) I love the POWER this van has and the CVT is better than my wife's Lexus CT200h. It is the perfect travelmobile!

Suggested Improvements

none....

Quest Is A Sleeper - Be Sure To Take A Look At It
By r_inboston

2014 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have 3 growing teenagers and need 3 rows to keep the peace. Had settled on the Pathfinder until we read how poor the build quality is. Decided to (reluctantly) look at minivans. Looked at the Quest last out of frustration with the Odyssey and Sienna - both nice but the interiors have too much hard plastic. The Quest has a beautiful interior and is a near-luxury vehicle in SL or LE trims. Yes, seats only 7 but the ride is superb and the view out is like an SUV with loads of glass. We bought the SL and too new to evaluate overall reliability yet, but will return after 3000 miles to update. Nissan doesn't sell many so dealer may have to locate. You can drive a hard bargain for one too.

Favorite Features

- Rear-view camera and overall visibility - Luxury interior especially the seating and trim - Bose stereo (optional but 13 speakers and great sound. - Dual-opening moon roof (optional too, but both moon roofs open - unique to the Quest) - Intelligent key system (be sure to turn off automatic door opening in settings for safety) - Loads of cup holders and places for small storage. - Looks. You either love how the Quest looks or you hate it. Nothing else looks like it for certain. - Third row seats fold flat *forward* so you have permanent storage in the rear cargo area. Again, unique to the Quest.

Suggested Improvements

- More power ports. People who buy minivans have kids who want to plug in their chargers. One in front and one in back with a USB and a true plug-in if you buy the SL or LE. However, Nissan manual says not to plug into the regular plug-in with the engine running. Go figure. - You shouldn't have to buy the DVD system just because you want the moon roofs. Nissan does this with its vehicles and it makes no sense. Cost me $2100 for a DVD system my kids are unlikely to use as teenagers. - It's a bit pricey but worth it - just be sure to drive a tough bargain using sites like Edmunds to do your research first to see what others are paying.