Used 2013 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

So far, So Good!
By tagamasid1023

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After 19 months of owning the 2013 Quest, its time to write down my review. So far, my Quest drives pretty well. No mechanical problem whatsoever. No squeaks, clanks, or any unwanted under-chassis noise. Suspension is soft enough to silence Chicago potholes. Electronic and power features all working great. Everything in the cabin still tight and in their right places. Captain seats are comfy and fabric is easy to clean. Storage is plenty for a family of four. Overall, everything works accordingly, except for fuel economy. My Quest SV averages 12-13 MPG combined. It seems the CVT is not really helping the Quest achieve its MPG claims.

Favorite Features

Back-up camera is really helpful, especially with a minivan. Bluetooth and Cruise Control are also nice features, especially in long drives. I personally like the Quest's flat-fold-seats. No need to carry and store away heavy passenger seats whenever I need a lot of cargo space. Lastly, I like the large hidden storage and its smart organizer/trays.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is a priority. Perhaps the Quest needs to shed a few hundred pounds to help the CVT achieve MPG claims. I am a defensive driver and I am familiar with CVTs (2011 Rogue) but no matter how light-footed I am with the gas pedal, I can't seem to achieve better combined MPG. Brakes were spongy the first time I took home the Quest, had it adjusted since. Center console could use a smarter design than being cup-holders and loose-change tray. Lastly, SV trim could use bigger wheels IMO, at least 17" perhaps.

Very Pleased with 2013 Quest
By 2013questowner

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I thought it was only fair to wait several months to do a review on the van. In short, I’m extremely pleased with it. I looked at all the major minivans and would say this is the best. Nissan was giving the best incentives as well. Two tone dash and leather are well done. With a high center of gravity there is a little roll, but the ride is on a par with a full size sedan for smoothness and quiet ride. To get a flat cargo bed you can easily lay down the second and third row seats. You don’t need to take anything out of the van like you do in other models to get a flat surface. The gas mileage seems to be approximately what it is rated at 19 city and 25 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Sedan like ride is smooth and quiet. Nice looking interior. Back up camera. You are sitting higher than most vehicles on the road so vision is good. Nice head and shoulder room. All around a very pleasant driving experience. There is plenty of room in the cabin in the shoulder and head room areas. You don’t feel the vehicle close in on you as you do in so many vehicles today. There is a large trunk area at the end of the van under removable panels. I’ve got the standard speakers and they sound quality is very good. No need for buying the high end speakers in my opinion. Enjoyable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The driver’s right side arm rest could be longer and wider, have a sun visor that can fold down in front after you pull the main visor to the left to cover the side window. I would prefer a place to store sun glasses instead of the conversation mirror.

The best minivan
By carlsbad2

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We had Honda Odysseys for 12 years one if them a top of the line Touring. No real complaints but the Quest LE is better. The vehicle is luxurious. The ride is superb for a van. This van is overlooked by many buyers and as a result there are big discounts to be had on remaining 2013s. Every gadget you could imagine . Technically less cargo space than others but the seats fold flat to a Make cargo room rather than get removed. Leg room in the first row is wonderful. I am 6.4 used to feeling crowded in most vehicles not this one

Favorite Features

Navigation, fold flat seats, dual moon roofs, my daughter loves the DVD system which is easier to use than our previous van. This drives so much smoother than our Odyssey a Touring that was good for 140000. Do not overlook this if you are considering a van. Drive it you will buy it

Suggested Improvements

Just a touch more cargo room . A little less bizarre styling.

Underrated but Exceptional
By aa0526

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Ours is only the base S. We were not looking for a Quest. We were eyeing the Sedona, Sienna or GC for over 6 months. I was already preapproved etc. but just was not convinced about the reliability issue of the three - plus, the high price but low feature content of the Sienna. Walked in a dealership - test drove a Quest and was blown away. Comments about high price, limited cargo room were simply not true. The year end clearance made the price very competitive. Plus, the cargo and passenger room? The van is very spacious. You get a PERMANENT 3rd row storage - since the seats fold forward plus, the regular 3rd row storage - for a total of 37 cubic feet!

Favorite Features

1. Reliable - and feels reliable (excellent initial quality) 2. Smooth CVT 3. Quiet engine and little road noise 4. Lots of passenger room 5. Permanent (deep) 3rd row storage 6. Nice AC controls (even in the base model) 7. Nice trip/info center/computer (even in the base) 8. Infiniti-esque feel interior 9. Nice dash - everything within easy reach 10. Comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

1. More front row storage (like a double glove compartment or under seat drawer) 2. USB ports (not 1 but multiple!) 3. More cubbies 4. Middle row storage console - needs more storage

Great Van
By bobsii

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased this van after getting frustrated from getting our 2-year-old in and out of our SUV (close proximity of parked cars and our doors). Like a lot of people, we didn't want to be a "mini-van" family. That was dumb. The smart key and power sliding doors and lift gate make it so easy to get my child and child-related stuff in/out of this van. I personally like that the rear row folds flat instead of into the cargo compartment (those are power too, but the pull strap is also really easy to use). We made a 400 mile round trip drive (bought the van and left), and there is plenty of cargo space; we were throwing a birthday party, and all the party goods and luggage fit very nicely.

Favorite Features

The van is so quiet, and handles superbly. It has a very cushy ride and the seats (sales guy called them zero-G seats) were so very comfortable on our long drive. We didn't have the usual stiffness after a 200 mile drive. The navigation system is very nice and I love the touch screen. I like that I can open the sliding doors with the key, button on the door handle, button in the interior, or the button on the dashboard. I personally like the exterior and interior appearance of this van; it's just a very good looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I think the van could use some extra or just bigger storage compartments in the front. Since I have the DVD system, I lost a storage compartment and I need all the storage space I can get. I have the "communication mirror" and therefore have no sunglass holder; I wish these were combined. Minor improvements - definitely no deal breakers.