Used 2013 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

LOVE it!! Great van.........
By Arthur Green

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The van is outstanding in the interior design, comfort, and features. LOVE the storage well in the rear floor of the van. I need an electric cart, which fits in the well perfectly. Great easy in getting in and out. Comfortable seats. Great vision with all the big windows all the way around the van. The only thing negative is the lower than expected gas mileage.

Twin problems with sliding doors
By Angel Watts

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have two sets of twins. The younger set was 3 months old when we purchased this van, and the older set was 2 years old. All 4 were depended on help with getting in their car seats. The car seat situation was an unnecessary challenge due to the sliding door that does not go all the way back. This makes it a challenge to get in the back seat period no matter what your age. Add that you require help to snap the car seat buckles and JUST WOW. The only way for us to do it was to put the baby car seat in the front seat of the van. Lower the middle seat flat, and sit inside to buckle both children. The other middle seat could house a base. The dedicated helper seat to get in the back could not house a base. There was not enough room to put one of the car seats as a middle seat in the back (rear facing) for three car seats across the back. We had three Radian carseats. We had someone trained in car seat safety to try that arrangement. That would allow us to have the one middle car seat down all the time and would have been less of an issue. Just imagine a mom with their 4 young kids trying to get into the van after grocery shopping. Imagine the safety concerns and that speed is her and her kids friend for getting out of the carts and into a van. It would be so much easier if the door went past the back middle seat to allow access to the third row. As it is, we could have purchased a suburban and had just as much door opening. We should have had all 4 kids with us while buying the van to put all 4 seats in and get the kids in/out of the van. We did not do that, so we did not notice the door did not open all the way.

The front sunroof slides half way back and stops. The rear sunroof slides all the way back. Not a deal breaker, but it is an annoying feature. The toddlers broke the plastic part that protrudes to keep the middle seat belt in place and from dangling. They only weighed 30 pounds, and it broke that easy. I expect more from a $40,000 loaded vehicle.

The remote control does not work from the front seats. So to control the kids DVD player, we have to pull over and put the car in park to use the front panel. This issue will resolve itself when the kids are old enough to learn to use the remote. But for the next few years, it is an issue.

From a mom's standpoint, Nissan got the cup holders right. I don't know how I lived without the warning visual and beeps when someone is in a blind spot, visual on back up and forward cameras are spot on. I love that the back door hatch does not raise so high that if I forget to put it down, I don't damage it along with our garage. Love the ac controls in the back

Wish list: Larger rear view mirror that sits higher up on window, back window open, removeable back seats, door open for full access of opening to the back seat, better mic for using hands free talking on phone, RF remote for DVD player, button on control panel dedicated just for DVD player, the button on the garage door opener to either stick out a littler farther than the other buttons/have it backlit/different texture, easier control of back cabin lights (toddlers turn them on and I don't notice until we are down the road), stronger fan for foot level heat, storage bin on the dash of driver door side of van, built in air pump, snap covers to go over the middle seat back side because currently the kids feet are on the rug type material that covers the back; maybe even add a few other snaps to add pockets for toy storage.

Better vans out there
By 1stTimedad

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just didn't want to but another Honda so we got a good deal with Nissan. Just don't like it. Just don't like the transmission. I need to jump in traffic frequently here in Miami and this hops off the line Indy jerky style but when you're moving it just doesn't kick in like a regular transmission does. And all this for better gas mileage? Not impressed. Averaging 15.9 according to the computer. Luckily this is a lease so I will return and go get an suv

Comfy
By MB Waring

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No heated steering wheel. Good and large.

So far, So Good!
By tagamasid1023

2013 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After 19 months of owning the 2013 Quest, its time to write down my review.
So far, my Quest drives pretty well. No mechanical problem whatsoever. No squeaks, clanks, or any unwanted under-chassis
noise. Suspension is soft enough to silence Chicago potholes.
Electronic and power features all working great. Everything in the cabin still tight and in their right places. Captain seats are comfy and fabric is easy to clean. Storage is plenty for a family of four.
Overall, everything works accordingly, except for fuel economy. My Quest SV averages 12-13 MPG combined. It seems the CVT is not really helping the Quest achieve its MPG claims.

Back-up camera is really helpful, especially with a minivan. Bluetooth and Cruise Control are also nice features, especially in long drives. I personally like the Quest's flat-fold-seats. No need to carry and store away heavy passenger seats whenever I need a lot of cargo space. Lastly, I like the large hidden storage and its smart organizer/trays.

Fuel economy is a priority. Perhaps the Quest needs to shed a few hundred pounds to help the CVT achieve MPG claims. I am a defensive driver and I am familiar with CVTs (2011 Rogue) but no matter how light-footed I am with the gas pedal, I can't seem to achieve better combined MPG. Brakes were spongy the first time I took home the Quest, had it adjusted since. Center console could use a smarter design than being cup-holders and loose-change tray. Lastly, SV trim could use bigger wheels IMO, at least 17" perhaps.