Smooth Ride
By rlhinmi on
2012 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After comparing with Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Hyundai, and Mazda5 we decided that the Nissan Quest was the best minivan for our family. After 2500 miles we continue to be very satisfied with our selection. The 3.5L V6/CVT combination is very smooth. Although the exterior design is an acquired taste, we like it better than the Honda design. Toyota seemed to cut costs on interior materials--too much hard plastic. Chrysler and Hyundai build quality still seems lacking. We decided that the Mazda5 was too small for our desired use. So far the Nissan has been a very capable family hauler. MPG average has been 22.5 with mixed driving. We managed 24mpg on a recent road trip.
Favorite Features
Proximity key with push button door opening is great when your hands are full of stuff. Even our three year old enjoys the push-button power sliding doors. We have been surprised by the convenience of push-button start. Why fumble with keys any longer? Fold-flat second row seats were a strong draw for me--no need to remove and store heavy seats when hauling large items. We really enjoy the hidden storage area behind the 3rd row seat. The smoothness of the CVT continues to impress. We enjoy the typical minivan features such as numerous cupholders, storage galore, and sliding doors. The backup camera is helpful. Oh, we also really like the soft interior materials.
Suggested Improvements
Let me select a sunroof on a lower trim level (S or SV). While I liked the dual panel sunroof, I was not willing to pay an extra four or five thousand dollars for a $1300 option. Also let me have a manual adjustment for the driver's seat cushion angle, or make an (8-way) power driver seat standard. Some radio controls are too far away to operate easily while driving. Maybe add a brighter paint color (red or blue) to the available exterior colors.