Used 2012 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

SLEEK DESIGN
By mmamman3

2012 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After returning from a trip, we rented this vehicle to get from the airport to our home and truly fell in love with it. Four months later, we purchased a 2012 Nissan Quest minivan. So far, we have been very impressed with our purchase. It has much more pep than our previous minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) and is a quieter ride. The basic features seem adequate and are quite liked by the children, as they now have temperature control in the rear. Standard middle row captain's chairs are an added bonus so that the kids don't get in each other's space as often:) However, I think the most impressive is the exterior design--very sleek and modern. It's a turn your head and look kind of minivan.

Sleek exterior design Roomy interior Nice head room for hubby (6' 3" tall and all torso) Front and rear temperature controls Middle seat windows Middle bucket seats Quiet ride Peppy (not a slow start like other minivans)

The temperature control a/c comes on for the rear if head and feet mode are selected in heat mode. Although this is explained in the manual, not liked by me. I really hate the windshield wiper controls (only three speeds for front wipers: delayed, slow, fast). I would prefer to have other delay options. It really is inconvenient with most light rainfall. It either isn't fast enough on the delay, or it is too fast on the slow setting. It would be nice to add standard electric driver's seat as the pumping action for changing height is quite outdated compared to the car's other features. It is an inconvenience for my husband and I to switch drivers as easily (he is 6'3" and I am 5'4").

Serious safety issue still unresolved
By hedgehog26

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say that the van, for the price that I paid for it, is hands down a much better buy than the Odyssey or the Sienna. The exterior styling is I admit a personal preference, but we like it. Interior is awesome! The SL I think is the best trim for the value. I would't pay more for some extra features for the LE (not for almost 10k more!). The only major flaw in this van, which Ithink everyone should be warned about before they buy it is the fuel tank problem. This is not the software problem addressed bybthe March 2012 recall. Nissan thought that will fix the problem but it didn't. That recall fix even negatively affected the gas mileage of the van.

When you are on a decline, whether stopped or moving, even at diffeent speeds, and have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel, the van stalls!!! Please do your research about this. I bought my van last July and brought my car in twice already for this issue. It happened to me twice, fortunately while parked. Some people were going downhill when it happened to them. Nissan told me that they are designing a new fuel tank to fix the issue. That was 2 months ago and still no fix. Their recommendation to me was to keep fuel more than 1/4 tank for now. Inexcusable! Already filed a complaint to the NTHSA about it. If you have kids, it's something you need to be warned about before you buy the vehicle.

Gas pedal hesitates a little. Even when you are in a slight incline, need to rev it up a little to get it moving. Sometimes, the van would even roll back when you release the brake pedal. Go to amazon and buy the PUTCO LED interior lights! The factory dome lights are a little dark for us and it gets pretty warm (try touching the lamps and see what I mean)

A truthful review.
By va24502

2012 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First, I like the styling of the Quest. Others cite 7 pass capacity as a fault. Nobody has 6 kids these days & if you need this capacity buy a bus.

Fit & finish is excellent. No problems in or out.

Now, the problems: Brake pedal: Very mushy pedal, not firm. Goes almost to floor at times. Van stops OK but no feeling of confidence. Side view mirrors are tall rather than wide. You need more vision to left & right than up & down. Should be same shape as on pick-ups. Noise: Unbelievabley loud road noise on some road surfaces. Also, loud engine noise at different rpmís. I have read the reviews by other owners plus Edmunds reviews & all state how quiet the vehicle is. Not the case in my Quest. Drivers seat: I chose manual adjuster as I am the only driver & need max leg room. For max leg room you adjust the lever down. This moves seat back but also lowers it. Raising the seat moves it forward so you canít have max leg room & a higher seat. There is a separate bar to slide seat to front or rear so why does seat move forward if one chooses to sit higher. Transmission: My driveway has a slight incline to street level & when in reverse engine RPM must be increased to 2600 to get van to move. In other words, slight pressure on gas pedal does not move vehicle. Steering column stalk controls: Too many controls on both headlight & wiper stalks. Headlight on-off switch should be on dash rather than steering column, retain high beam control on stalk. One needs a co-pilot to operate wiper switch, mist, delay, wash etc plus it also controls the rear wiper. Dash configuration: The dash bellies out in center & lessens interior front area room. Dash should extend straight across vehicle, style has given way to substance. Would prefer shifter on steering column but that is personal preference. Would I buy another Quest? NO!

No comparison to other minivans
By greywulfe

2012 Nissan Quest LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When shopping for a minivan, I wanted something that had less than bland styling. The quest by far is the most impressive looking minivan out there IMO - it has a very distinctive shape that no other comparable van has. Styling aside, the biggest advantage is the interior. I own an LE model -The Honda and Toyota both have very cheap interiors. Try knocking on the dash on the Toyota. With leather seats, this truly is a luxury vehicle. The cargo capacity is massive. Do you really plan to take out the car seats? These fold flat...anything big - rent a truck.

Navigation system - Large and easy to use. USB port - direct connect to Ipod, listen to pod casts or playlists with ease Great climate control with high end filter POWER! Pass with confidence Great seats

USB port has gone funky on me a few times. (resets on and off) Not sure why. Nav system limited while driving. Maybe for safety - but my co-pilot should be able to use the full thing.

It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today. So far we LOVE it. What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

The van is loaded! Ours had included (at "no cost") a rear DVD system that the kids love as they haven't had one to date. The seats are amazing- I can tell Infinity had it's hand in it's design, as I agree with someone that stated it should be badged as an Infinity. The van is so quiet and refined. We also like the CVT and it's interaction with the strong, yet quiet engine. Power-everything (all doors, hatch, driver's seat, etc.) are wonderful.

The center console is a bit confusing and the stereo/air controls are a bit hard to access with the shifter in the way. I would like to see that moved higher up.... just a minor thing as one can still manipulate the controls.

• SUV