Used 2012 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

A truthful review.
By va24502

2012 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First, I like the styling of the Quest. Others cite 7 pass capacity as a fault. Nobody has 6 kids these days & if you need this capacity buy a bus.

Favorite Features

Fit & finish is excellent. No problems in or out.

Suggested Improvements

Now, the problems: Brake pedal: Very mushy pedal, not firm. Goes almost to floor at times. Van stops OK but no feeling of confidence. Side view mirrors are tall rather than wide. You need more vision to left & right than up & down. Should be same shape as on pick-ups. Noise: Unbelievabley loud road noise on some road surfaces. Also, loud engine noise at different rpmís. I have read the reviews by other owners plus Edmunds reviews & all state how quiet the vehicle is. Not the case in my Quest. Drivers seat: I chose manual adjuster as I am the only driver & need max leg room. For max leg room you adjust the lever down. This moves seat back but also lowers it. Raising the seat moves it forward so you canít have max leg room & a higher seat. There is a separate bar to slide seat to front or rear so why does seat move forward if one chooses to sit higher. Transmission: My driveway has a slight incline to street level & when in reverse engine RPM must be increased to 2600 to get van to move. In other words, slight pressure on gas pedal does not move vehicle. Steering column stalk controls: Too many controls on both headlight & wiper stalks. Headlight on-off switch should be on dash rather than steering column, retain high beam control on stalk. One needs a co-pilot to operate wiper switch, mist, delay, wash etc plus it also controls the rear wiper. Dash configuration: The dash bellies out in center & lessens interior front area room. Dash should extend straight across vehicle, style has given way to substance. Would prefer shifter on steering column but that is personal preference. Would I buy another Quest? NO!

No comparison to other minivans
By greywulfe

2012 Nissan Quest LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When shopping for a minivan, I wanted something that had less than bland styling. The quest by far is the most impressive looking minivan out there IMO - it has a very distinctive shape that no other comparable van has. Styling aside, the biggest advantage is the interior. I own an LE model -The Honda and Toyota both have very cheap interiors. Try knocking on the dash on the Toyota. With leather seats, this truly is a luxury vehicle. The cargo capacity is massive. Do you really plan to take out the car seats? These fold flat...anything big - rent a truck.

Favorite Features

Navigation system - Large and easy to use. USB port - direct connect to Ipod, listen to pod casts or playlists with ease Great climate control with high end filter POWER! Pass with confidence Great seats

Suggested Improvements

USB port has gone funky on me a few times. (resets on and off) Not sure why. Nav system limited while driving. Maybe for safety - but my co-pilot should be able to use the full thing.

It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today. So far we LOVE it. What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

Favorite Features

The van is loaded! Ours had included (at "no cost") a rear DVD system that the kids love as they haven't had one to date. The seats are amazing- I can tell Infinity had it's hand in it's design, as I agree with someone that stated it should be badged as an Infinity. The van is so quiet and refined. We also like the CVT and it's interaction with the strong, yet quiet engine. Power-everything (all doors, hatch, driver's seat, etc.) are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

The center console is a bit confusing and the stereo/air controls are a bit hard to access with the shifter in the way. I would like to see that moved higher up.... just a minor thing as one can still manipulate the controls.

First time mini van owner
By jcc36

2012 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The time came for our family to purchase a minivan, under protest by myself. We previously owned a Jeep Commander but needed to go bigger. We looked at the Toyota Sienna and the Nissan. Wasn't too keen on the Honda or Chrysler styling. The Nissan has a very unique look that both my wife and I liked. We liked the Sienna also but it seemed for van like to us. One of the best features is the interior, very very nice compared to the Toyota. People complain about the storage with the fold down seats but it's plenty big for us. Besides, the cargo area behind the rear seat is massive.

Favorite Features

Interior is outstanding. Styling is unique, rear storage bin is huge, ride and handling is great, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Auto tailgate, sunroof, dvd only on top end model. Should be available as options. Other vans have auto tailgate on all models. Hard to get to third row seat. Sound quality of radio could be better.

2012 Nissan Quest SL
By westbrock6

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every car possible in the past few years. The 2011 Traverse LTZ, 2010 Honda Odyssey exl/res, 2008 Grand Caravan,2011 Suburban LT, 2010 Kia sedona Ex to name a few. I just bought the 2012 Nissan Quest SL it is the best driving van I have owned, interior is beautiful, the sunroofs are awsome, and the kids love the dvd screen that drops down from the ceiling with the push of a button. My husband who has hated minivans wants to drive this one. I loved the style and handling of the traverse but it was too small I have 4 kidos, finally the vehicle that has the sporty style, fun to drive crossover feel with all the space needed for the kids and their stuff. You have to drive this !!

Favorite Features

interior that you would find in an infinity, crazy look that sets it apart from the typical mini van, double sunroofs that open ( unlike the traverse that the rear did not open ) awsome rear entertainment dvd. I love the heavy duty feel of this van, gives me the feel of my suburban but the turning radius of a van.

Suggested Improvements

I have not had it long enough to find anything that bothers me. Some complain about the cargo area, I have 4 kids and no problem with cargo space although we do have a full size pick up truck (my husbands) that we would use to haul large items.Some complain about the doors not opening as wide, the step they have hands down makes it easier to enter 3rd row even with the doors not opening as wide. I wish they would have the LE available without the navigation. I purchased the SL with the bose, the sunroof, and the dvd. The LE was still 7K more and the only options I was getting was navigation, memory seats, different headlight bulbs, and the blind spot system 7K seemed like alot for those.