Used 2012 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Most Helpful|
It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today. So far we LOVE it. What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

Favorite Features

The van is loaded! Ours had included (at "no cost") a rear DVD system that the kids love as they haven't had one to date. The seats are amazing- I can tell Infinity had it's hand in it's design, as I agree with someone that stated it should be badged as an Infinity. The van is so quiet and refined. We also like the CVT and it's interaction with the strong, yet quiet engine. Power-everything (all doors, hatch, driver's seat, etc.) are wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

The center console is a bit confusing and the stereo/air controls are a bit hard to access with the shifter in the way. I would like to see that moved higher up.... just a minor thing as one can still manipulate the controls.

SLEEK DESIGN
By mmamman3

2012 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After returning from a trip, we rented this vehicle to get from the airport to our home and truly fell in love with it. Four months later, we purchased a 2012 Nissan Quest minivan. So far, we have been very impressed with our purchase. It has much more pep than our previous minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) and is a quieter ride. The basic features seem adequate and are quite liked by the children, as they now have temperature control in the rear. Standard middle row captain's chairs are an added bonus so that the kids don't get in each other's space as often:) However, I think the most impressive is the exterior design--very sleek and modern. It's a turn your head and look kind of minivan.

Favorite Features

Sleek exterior design Roomy interior Nice head room for hubby (6' 3" tall and all torso) Front and rear temperature controls Middle seat windows Middle bucket seats Quiet ride Peppy (not a slow start like other minivans)

Suggested Improvements

The temperature control a/c comes on for the rear if head and feet mode are selected in heat mode. Although this is explained in the manual, not liked by me. I really hate the windshield wiper controls (only three speeds for front wipers: delayed, slow, fast). I would prefer to have other delay options. It really is inconvenient with most light rainfall. It either isn't fast enough on the delay, or it is too fast on the slow setting. It would be nice to add standard electric driver's seat as the pumping action for changing height is quite outdated compared to the car's other features. It is an inconvenience for my husband and I to switch drivers as easily (he is 6'3" and I am 5'4").

No comparison to other minivans
By greywulfe

2012 Nissan Quest LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When shopping for a minivan, I wanted something that had less than bland styling. The quest by far is the most impressive looking minivan out there IMO - it has a very distinctive shape that no other comparable van has. Styling aside, the biggest advantage is the interior. I own an LE model -The Honda and Toyota both have very cheap interiors. Try knocking on the dash on the Toyota. With leather seats, this truly is a luxury vehicle. The cargo capacity is massive. Do you really plan to take out the car seats? These fold flat...anything big - rent a truck.

Favorite Features

Navigation system - Large and easy to use. USB port - direct connect to Ipod, listen to pod casts or playlists with ease Great climate control with high end filter POWER! Pass with confidence Great seats

Suggested Improvements

USB port has gone funky on me a few times. (resets on and off) Not sure why. Nav system limited while driving. Maybe for safety - but my co-pilot should be able to use the full thing.

Serious safety issue still unresolved
By hedgehog26

2012 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say that the van, for the price that I paid for it, is hands down a much better buy than the Odyssey or the Sienna. The exterior styling is I admit a personal preference, but we like it. Interior is awesome! The SL I think is the best trim for the value. I would't pay more for some extra features for the LE (not for almost 10k more!). The only major flaw in this van, which Ithink everyone should be warned about before they buy it is the fuel tank problem. This is not the software problem addressed bybthe March 2012 recall. Nissan thought that will fix the problem but it didn't. That recall fix even negatively affected the gas mileage of the van.

Favorite Features

When you are on a decline, whether stopped or moving, even at diffeent speeds, and have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel, the van stalls!!! Please do your research about this. I bought my van last July and brought my car in twice already for this issue. It happened to me twice, fortunately while parked. Some people were going downhill when it happened to them. Nissan told me that they are designing a new fuel tank to fix the issue. That was 2 months ago and still no fix. Their recommendation to me was to keep fuel more than 1/4 tank for now. Inexcusable! Already filed a complaint to the NTHSA about it. If you have kids, it's something you need to be warned about before you buy the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gas pedal hesitates a little. Even when you are in a slight incline, need to rev it up a little to get it moving. Sometimes, the van would even roll back when you release the brake pedal. Go to amazon and buy the PUTCO LED interior lights! The factory dome lights are a little dark for us and it gets pretty warm (try touching the lamps and see what I mean)

First time mini van owner
By jcc36

2012 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The time came for our family to purchase a minivan, under protest by myself. We previously owned a Jeep Commander but needed to go bigger. We looked at the Toyota Sienna and the Nissan. Wasn't too keen on the Honda or Chrysler styling. The Nissan has a very unique look that both my wife and I liked. We liked the Sienna also but it seemed for van like to us. One of the best features is the interior, very very nice compared to the Toyota. People complain about the storage with the fold down seats but it's plenty big for us. Besides, the cargo area behind the rear seat is massive.

Favorite Features

Interior is outstanding. Styling is unique, rear storage bin is huge, ride and handling is great, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Auto tailgate, sunroof, dvd only on top end model. Should be available as options. Other vans have auto tailgate on all models. Hard to get to third row seat. Sound quality of radio could be better.