Used 2012 Nissan Quest S Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

The 2012 Quest is the Best
By kilkel

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought the 2012 Quest in Feb and love it. Looked at all the others, Honda, Toyota, Kia and Dodge and none compared to the Quest's value and looks. We have owned a Pathfinder, Titan, and now the Quest. I believe we are a Nissan family. Went for the low end model and, other than 1 or 2 features, we don't really mind. If you're in the market for a mini-van, stop by a Nissan place and take a look, you'll be surprised.

The push-button start and key-less entry, plush seating. The interior styling is beautiful. Lots of room for the kiddos. Averaging 20-21mpg in city/hwy.

None so far.

SLEEK DESIGN
By mmamman3

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After returning from a trip, we rented this vehicle to get from the airport to our home and truly fell in love with it. Four months later, we purchased a 2012 Nissan Quest minivan. So far, we have been very impressed with our purchase. It has much more pep than our previous minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) and is a quieter ride. The basic features seem adequate and are quite liked by the children, as they now have temperature control in the rear. Standard middle row captain's chairs are an added bonus so that the kids don't get in each other's space as often:) However, I think the most impressive is the exterior design--very sleek and modern. It's a turn your head and look kind of minivan.

Sleek exterior design Roomy interior Nice head room for hubby (6' 3" tall and all torso) Front and rear temperature controls Middle seat windows Middle bucket seats Quiet ride Peppy (not a slow start like other minivans)

The temperature control a/c comes on for the rear if head and feet mode are selected in heat mode. Although this is explained in the manual, not liked by me. I really hate the windshield wiper controls (only three speeds for front wipers: delayed, slow, fast). I would prefer to have other delay options. It really is inconvenient with most light rainfall. It either isn't fast enough on the delay, or it is too fast on the slow setting. It would be nice to add standard electric driver's seat as the pumping action for changing height is quite outdated compared to the car's other features. It is an inconvenience for my husband and I to switch drivers as easily (he is 6'3" and I am 5'4").

A truthful review.
By va24502

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First, I like the styling of the Quest. Others cite 7 pass capacity as a fault. Nobody has 6 kids these days & if you need this capacity buy a bus.

Fit & finish is excellent. No problems in or out.

Now, the problems: Brake pedal: Very mushy pedal, not firm. Goes almost to floor at times. Van stops OK but no feeling of confidence. Side view mirrors are tall rather than wide. You need more vision to left & right than up & down. Should be same shape as on pick-ups. Noise: Unbelievabley loud road noise on some road surfaces. Also, loud engine noise at different rpmís. I have read the reviews by other owners plus Edmunds reviews & all state how quiet the vehicle is. Not the case in my Quest. Drivers seat: I chose manual adjuster as I am the only driver & need max leg room. For max leg room you adjust the lever down. This moves seat back but also lowers it. Raising the seat moves it forward so you canít have max leg room & a higher seat. There is a separate bar to slide seat to front or rear so why does seat move forward if one chooses to sit higher. Transmission: My driveway has a slight incline to street level & when in reverse engine RPM must be increased to 2600 to get van to move. In other words, slight pressure on gas pedal does not move vehicle. Steering column stalk controls: Too many controls on both headlight & wiper stalks. Headlight on-off switch should be on dash rather than steering column, retain high beam control on stalk. One needs a co-pilot to operate wiper switch, mist, delay, wash etc plus it also controls the rear wiper. Dash configuration: The dash bellies out in center & lessens interior front area room. Dash should extend straight across vehicle, style has given way to substance. Would prefer shifter on steering column but that is personal preference. Would I buy another Quest? NO!