Used 2012 Nissan Quest SL Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Beware of Toyo A22 Tire Wear
By Lawrence Blind

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The original tires on our Quest, Toyo A22, have worn to the wear bars at 22,800 miles. After some online research I have discovered that others have also noticed and complained about this. Our vehicle is driven around town for usual family outings, and a couple of longer out of town trips. Our Firestone dealer, who services the vehicle and rotates the tires regularly, said there is no OEM warranty on the tire, either from Nissan or Toyo.

Others have commented that the tires were likely not sized correctly by Nissan to handle the vehicle weight, and we think there is something to this argument. The only other conclusion is that the Toyo A22 are a very cheap tire thrown on a new car to save a few $$. Either way, we are very disappointed that we need to replace the tires with such low mileage on them, and we will certainly avoid purchasing either new Toyo tires or any vehicle with them in the future.

Unbelievable Luxury
By wild8willy

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We got rid of a Honda Oddy EXL-RES that was the worst vehicle I have ever owned.
9mpg since new and constantly in the shop.
Our Quest is like a Bentley.
The materials are top notch, the comfort is unmatched and I just love this van.
My wife loved it in 2011 and made me go see one and I thought she was out of her mind.
Well it kind of grew on me, and then I drove it.
You could actually have a conversation at normal voice levels with any row in the van it is so quiet.
I could not talk to my wife in our Oddy with her sitting next to me it was so loud.
The CVT is actually pretty good in the van.
I have one in my 2012 Altima and it is awful and I hate it.
We paid Under 30 Grand!!!

Great Leather Seats, Quiet, Smooth ride, Feels like it cost twice its price. Love the back up camera screen and all the neat info it gives you. Much better in town MPG than our Oddy. Doors always work and have never not opened in the winter, a daily occurrence with the Oddy. The interior makes the competition look low rent. My boys 10 and 13 love it. My parents think it is amazing compared to our Oddy and another family members 2013 Sienna. Big rebates and incentives.

Get rid of the stupid mirror and give me a sunglass holder!! Up the Highway MPG to match the competition. Nissan rams the CVT down every ones throat and I see no benefit. Give transmission options in the entire line up.

Serious safety issue still unresolved
By hedgehog26

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say that the van, for the price that I paid for it, is hands down a much better buy than the Odyssey or the Sienna. The exterior styling is I admit a personal preference, but we like it. Interior is awesome! The SL I think is the best trim for the value. I would't pay more for some extra features for the LE (not for almost 10k more!). The only major flaw in this van, which Ithink everyone should be warned about before they buy it is the fuel tank problem. This is not the software problem addressed bybthe March 2012 recall. Nissan thought that will fix the problem but it didn't. That recall fix even negatively affected the gas mileage of the van.

When you are on a decline, whether stopped or moving, even at diffeent speeds, and have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel, the van stalls!!! Please do your research about this. I bought my van last July and brought my car in twice already for this issue. It happened to me twice, fortunately while parked. Some people were going downhill when it happened to them. Nissan told me that they are designing a new fuel tank to fix the issue. That was 2 months ago and still no fix. Their recommendation to me was to keep fuel more than 1/4 tank for now. Inexcusable! Already filed a complaint to the NTHSA about it. If you have kids, it's something you need to be warned about before you buy the vehicle.

Gas pedal hesitates a little. Even when you are in a slight incline, need to rev it up a little to get it moving. Sometimes, the van would even roll back when you release the brake pedal. Go to amazon and buy the PUTCO LED interior lights! The factory dome lights are a little dark for us and it gets pretty warm (try touching the lamps and see what I mean)

It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today.
So far we LOVE it.
What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

The van is loaded! Ours had included (at "no cost") a rear DVD system that the kids love as they haven't had one to date. The seats are amazing- I can tell Infinity had it's hand in it's design, as I agree with someone that stated it should be badged as an Infinity. The van is so quiet and refined. We also like the CVT and it's interaction with the strong, yet quiet engine. Power-everything (all doors, hatch, driver's seat, etc.) are wonderful.

The center console is a bit confusing and the stereo/air controls are a bit hard to access with the shifter in the way. I would like to see that moved higher up.... just a minor thing as one can still manipulate the controls.

2012 Nissan Quest SL
By westbrock6

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every car possible in the past few years. The 2011 Traverse LTZ, 2010 Honda Odyssey exl/res, 2008 Grand Caravan,2011 Suburban LT, 2010 Kia sedona Ex to name a few. I just bought the 2012 Nissan Quest SL it is the best driving van I have owned, interior is beautiful, the sunroofs are awsome, and the kids love the dvd screen that drops down from the ceiling with the push of a button. My husband who has hated minivans wants to drive this one. I loved the style and handling of the traverse but it was too small I have 4 kidos, finally the vehicle that has the sporty style, fun to drive crossover feel with all the space needed for the kids and their stuff. You have to drive this !!

interior that you would find in an infinity, crazy look that sets it apart from the typical mini van, double sunroofs that open ( unlike the traverse that the rear did not open ) awsome rear entertainment dvd. I love the heavy duty feel of this van, gives me the feel of my suburban but the turning radius of a van.

I have not had it long enough to find anything that bothers me. Some complain about the cargo area, I have 4 kids and no problem with cargo space although we do have a full size pick up truck (my husbands) that we would use to haul large items.Some complain about the doors not opening as wide, the step they have hands down makes it easier to enter 3rd row even with the doors not opening as wide. I wish they would have the LE available without the navigation. I purchased the SL with the bose, the sunroof, and the dvd. The LE was still 7K more and the only options I was getting was navigation, memory seats, different headlight bulbs, and the blind spot system 7K seemed like alot for those.