2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Unbelievable Luxury
By wild8willy on 12/17/13 14:58 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We got rid of a Honda Oddy EXL-RES that was the worst vehicle I have ever owned. 9mpg since new and constantly in the shop. Our Quest is like a Bentley. The materials are top notch, the comfort is unmatched and I just love this van. My wife loved it in 2011 and made me go see one and I thought she was out of her mind. Well it kind of grew on me, and then I drove it. You could actually have a conversation at normal voice levels with any row in the van it is so quiet. I could not talk to my wife in our Oddy with her sitting next to me it was so loud. The CVT is actually pretty good in the van. I have one in my 2012 Altima and it is awful and I hate it. We paid Under 30 Grand!!!

Serious safety issue still unresolved
By hedgehog26 on 12/02/12 08:38 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say that the van, for the price that I paid for it, is hands down a much better buy than the Odyssey or the Sienna. The exterior styling is I admit a personal preference, but we like it. Interior is awesome! The SL I think is the best trim for the value. I would't pay more for some extra features for the LE (not for almost 10k more!). The only major flaw in this van, which Ithink everyone should be warned about before they buy it is the fuel tank problem. This is not the software problem addressed bybthe March 2012 recall. Nissan thought that will fix the problem but it didn't. That recall fix even negatively affected the gas mileage of the van.

It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22 on 09/22/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today. So far we LOVE it. What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

2012 Nissan Quest SL
By westbrock6 on 09/07/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every car possible in the past few years. The 2011 Traverse LTZ, 2010 Honda Odyssey exl/res, 2008 Grand Caravan,2011 Suburban LT, 2010 Kia sedona Ex to name a few. I just bought the 2012 Nissan Quest SL it is the best driving van I have owned, interior is beautiful, the sunroofs are awsome, and the kids love the dvd screen that drops down from the ceiling with the push of a button. My husband who has hated minivans wants to drive this one. I loved the style and handling of the traverse but it was too small I have 4 kidos, finally the vehicle that has the sporty style, fun to drive crossover feel with all the space needed for the kids and their stuff. You have to drive this !!

I never thought I would enjoy driving a minivan until now
By 08outtie on 09/02/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

A great vehicle thru and thru. The styling is unlike all the other typical minivan on the market, so in a way, I feel that it is less like a minivan. I like the boxy style at the back, although I would understand that it is a love it or hate it styling. I love the CVT on the Quest. I test drove a Cube couple years back and it was so loud and straining at all RPM. I think the problem with the Cube was the small engine. With the Quest's 3.5L engine, the CVT is quiet and extremely smooth. The interior is just unbelievable for a minivan. It basically is a carbon copy of the Infiniti's interior design. Fit and finish is top notch. I guess that's the result of the vehicle being built in Japan.

2012 Quest ... Luxurious with Creature Comforts
By joecool7 on 08/22/12 21:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We never seriously considered buying a minivan until we saw the 2012 Nissan Quest. Finally a minivan that has styling. It has the looks and feel of pure luxury like in first class all the way with creature pampered comforts of a hi-end Infiniti. We bought the Quest SL in Pearl White a couple of weeks ago. Drove it on vacation and have put on 1,000 miles. It honestly gets 24 mpg highway. We got as much as 25 mpg highway driving. Hard to get the 19 mpg city as advertised though. We got closer to 16-17 mpg city. However, with the comfort we experienced on the long road trip while on vacation, the trade-off in mpg is worth it. This is a fantastic vehicle!

worst mistake
By cargirl1833 on 08/22/12 17:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2012 Nissan Quest now almost a year ago. Horrible mistake. I really should have looked at the Odyssey before I made my descision. I actually am already having problems with it like other quest owners are. I cannot believe I paid over 30,000 for a van and am already having problems with it. While I was at the dealership I actually had it appraised and I was SHOCKED with they gave me the numbers. less than 25,000 miles on it and I am already $9,000 upside down. I am very upset that my investment was in no way protected. So I took the bite and went and got an odyssey and couldnt be happier. its the best!! best descision I ever made.

Best value minivan
By zyndurai1 on 06/21/12 23:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This van is fairly fun to drive. What makes it fun is how luxury and comfortable you feel when driving it. I seriously considered the odyssey and sienna but you just get more for your money with this one. The looks also is much better than the others. My boys love the entertainment DVD. IPhone blue tooth is good but not great as well as input for listening music from your iPhone. It works but you have to do a little playing around to get sound from different apps. You get this van for its value and the look and feel. The others are good if you want more amenities like cooler or split screen DVD. This one feels most comfortable IMO.

2012 Quest Paint Problem
By quest_2012 on 06/05/12 20:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We recently bought a 2012 Quest SL. It is white pearl in color. When we purchased it we noticed Rail Rust on the paint and some of the chrome trim. We showed it to the dealership and they promised to take care of it. We took it to the dealership bodyshop to be clay bared. After having it a week they called to let us know that some of the spots were too deep and they believe the entire vehicle needs to be repainted. They advised that due to the pearl color that they could not match the paint. We are currently waiting to hear what Nissan wants to do. We are currently in a loaner LE fully loaded Quest. Has anyone else had the same problem? The loaner has the rust on the chrome trim 2.

Best Minivan in the class
By scfisher1 on 03/08/12 17:02 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When we came to the point where we pretty much needed a minivan due to two young boys, it wasn't a hard choice once we looked around. Sure the Odyssey has more vans on the road, but one look on the outside of the Quest and my wife wanted it. Inside sealed it for me. It's plush, quiet comfortable, and all the features you could want in a minivan, save the Bose radio we passed on. Priced next to a similarly equipped Honda and we saved thousands. The kids just love it, they have room and are not on top of each other.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Quest Minivan in VA is:

$124 per month*