Used 2012 Nissan Quest SV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

2012 Nissan Quest SV
By ep1

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought my Quest it was used at 43,000 miles and it still drives very quite, the ride is supple with no rattles and compared to my 2004 Pacifica the Quest is right on par with the German engineering and in ways even better!

The Pearl White paint and chrome on the handles is simply stunning, love the back up camera, as well as the interior comfort and layout, the engine is very responsive also like the low step in to inside the cabin

Better brake peddle feeling, it feel to soft like stepping on a sponge, the windshield spray only comes up less than half way up the windshield, Nissan needs to add a sun glass holder as well as a coin change

First time mini van owner
By jcc36

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The time came for our family to purchase a minivan, under protest by myself. We previously owned a Jeep Commander but needed to go bigger. We looked at the Toyota Sienna and the Nissan. Wasn't too keen on the Honda or Chrysler styling. The Nissan has a very unique look that both my wife and I liked. We liked the Sienna also but it seemed for van like to us. One of the best features is the interior, very very nice compared to the Toyota. People complain about the storage with the fold down seats but it's plenty big for us. Besides, the cargo area behind the rear seat is massive.

Interior is outstanding. Styling is unique, rear storage bin is huge, ride and handling is great, decent gas mileage.

Auto tailgate, sunroof, dvd only on top end model. Should be available as options. Other vans have auto tailgate on all models. Hard to get to third row seat. Sound quality of radio could be better.

Incredible Machine
By majordude

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a spectacular van. Its pretty wide but handles well. We were looking for a new family car and compared honda, toyota, crossovers, and vans as well as the Town and Country. You have to step in one of these machines decked out in leather. We got the SV with leather package. Wow, best 32k you can spend on market. So luxurious.

Backup camera, xm radio, ipod intergration, drive train. Not many others on the road.

sun shades on all models, like a previous reviewer said, you know there are kids back there, I shouldn't have to spend 45k to get sun shades.

Smooth Ride
By rlhinmi

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After comparing with Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Hyundai, and Mazda5 we decided that the Nissan Quest was the best minivan for our family. After 2500 miles we continue to be very satisfied with our selection. The 3.5L V6/CVT combination is very smooth. Although the exterior design is an acquired taste, we like it better than the Honda design. Toyota seemed to cut costs on interior materials--too much hard plastic. Chrysler and Hyundai build quality still seems lacking. We decided that the Mazda5 was too small for our desired use. So far the Nissan has been a very capable family hauler. MPG average has been 22.5 with mixed driving. We managed 24mpg on a recent road trip.

Proximity key with push button door opening is great when your hands are full of stuff. Even our three year old enjoys the push-button power sliding doors. We have been surprised by the convenience of push-button start. Why fumble with keys any longer? Fold-flat second row seats were a strong draw for me--no need to remove and store heavy seats when hauling large items. We really enjoy the hidden storage area behind the 3rd row seat. The smoothness of the CVT continues to impress. We enjoy the typical minivan features such as numerous cupholders, storage galore, and sliding doors. The backup camera is helpful. Oh, we also really like the soft interior materials.

Let me select a sunroof on a lower trim level (S or SV). While I liked the dual panel sunroof, I was not willing to pay an extra four or five thousand dollars for a $1300 option. Also let me have a manual adjustment for the driver's seat cushion angle, or make an (8-way) power driver seat standard. Some radio controls are too far away to operate easily while driving. Maybe add a brighter paint color (red or blue) to the available exterior colors.

THE NEW BEST IN ITS CLASS
By rxgirl1210

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Two days ago, I traded in my 2011 Toyota Sienna LE for a 2012 Nissan Quest SV. I was a long time Toyota girl and always loved my vehicles immensely, but then Toyota decided to cut back way too much on quality and reliability that my recent van had to go!!! (see my review under 2011 Sienna). I never owned a Nissan before, but I was "wowed" at their vehicles. The newly designed Quest is a gem. It offers all the bells and whistles and more. They truly thought of everything. It is plush and soft to the touch on inside with easy accessibility to dash. Gorgeous on outside also. Take a look folks, you'll be stepping into the new king of minivans. It will be tops!!!

Everything!!!

Sunshades on all models. Let's face it, it someone is buying a minivan they're probably going to have kids riding in the back. It's an inexpensive addition to all.