2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Unbelievable Luxury
By wild8willy on 12/17/13 14:58 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We got rid of a Honda Oddy EXL-RES that was the worst vehicle I have ever owned. 9mpg since new and constantly in the shop. Our Quest is like a Bentley. The materials are top notch, the comfort is unmatched and I just love this van. My wife loved it in 2011 and made me go see one and I thought she was out of her mind. Well it kind of grew on me, and then I drove it. You could actually have a conversation at normal voice levels with any row in the van it is so quiet. I could not talk to my wife in our Oddy with her sitting next to me it was so loud. The CVT is actually pretty good in the van. I have one in my 2012 Altima and it is awful and I hate it. We paid Under 30 Grand!!!

The 2012 Quest is the Best
By kilkel on 03/11/13 15:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought the 2012 Quest in Feb and love it. Looked at all the others, Honda, Toyota, Kia and Dodge and none compared to the Quest's value and looks. We have owned a Pathfinder, Titan, and now the Quest. I believe we are a Nissan family. Went for the low end model and, other than 1 or 2 features, we don't really mind. If you're in the market for a mini-van, stop by a Nissan place and take a look, you'll be surprised.

SLEEK DESIGN
By mmamman3 on 12/21/12 08:34 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After returning from a trip, we rented this vehicle to get from the airport to our home and truly fell in love with it. Four months later, we purchased a 2012 Nissan Quest minivan. So far, we have been very impressed with our purchase. It has much more pep than our previous minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) and is a quieter ride. The basic features seem adequate and are quite liked by the children, as they now have temperature control in the rear. Standard middle row captain's chairs are an added bonus so that the kids don't get in each other's space as often:) However, I think the most impressive is the exterior design--very sleek and modern. It's a turn your head and look kind of minivan.

Serious safety issue still unresolved
By hedgehog26 on 12/02/12 08:38 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First let me say that the van, for the price that I paid for it, is hands down a much better buy than the Odyssey or the Sienna. The exterior styling is I admit a personal preference, but we like it. Interior is awesome! The SL I think is the best trim for the value. I would't pay more for some extra features for the LE (not for almost 10k more!). The only major flaw in this van, which Ithink everyone should be warned about before they buy it is the fuel tank problem. This is not the software problem addressed bybthe March 2012 recall. Nissan thought that will fix the problem but it didn't. That recall fix even negatively affected the gas mileage of the van.

A truthful review.
By va24502 on 11/24/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First, I like the styling of the Quest. Others cite 7 pass capacity as a fault. Nobody has 6 kids these days & if you need this capacity buy a bus.

No comparison to other minivans
By greywulfe on 09/24/12 16:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When shopping for a minivan, I wanted something that had less than bland styling. The quest by far is the most impressive looking minivan out there IMO - it has a very distinctive shape that no other comparable van has. Styling aside, the biggest advantage is the interior. I own an LE model -The Honda and Toyota both have very cheap interiors. Try knocking on the dash on the Toyota. With leather seats, this truly is a luxury vehicle. The cargo capacity is massive. Do you really plan to take out the car seats? These fold flat...anything big - rent a truck.

It's early, but so far.... WOW!
By ramguy22 on 09/22/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased our new black with grey leather Quest SL with DVD player today. So far we LOVE it. What a HUGE improvement over our one-owner traded in 2004 Quest!

First time mini van owner
By jcc36 on 09/15/12 13:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The time came for our family to purchase a minivan, under protest by myself. We previously owned a Jeep Commander but needed to go bigger. We looked at the Toyota Sienna and the Nissan. Wasn't too keen on the Honda or Chrysler styling. The Nissan has a very unique look that both my wife and I liked. We liked the Sienna also but it seemed for van like to us. One of the best features is the interior, very very nice compared to the Toyota. People complain about the storage with the fold down seats but it's plenty big for us. Besides, the cargo area behind the rear seat is massive.

2012 Nissan Quest SL
By westbrock6 on 09/07/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every car possible in the past few years. The 2011 Traverse LTZ, 2010 Honda Odyssey exl/res, 2008 Grand Caravan,2011 Suburban LT, 2010 Kia sedona Ex to name a few. I just bought the 2012 Nissan Quest SL it is the best driving van I have owned, interior is beautiful, the sunroofs are awsome, and the kids love the dvd screen that drops down from the ceiling with the push of a button. My husband who has hated minivans wants to drive this one. I loved the style and handling of the traverse but it was too small I have 4 kidos, finally the vehicle that has the sporty style, fun to drive crossover feel with all the space needed for the kids and their stuff. You have to drive this !!

I never thought I would enjoy driving a minivan until now
By 08outtie on 09/02/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

A great vehicle thru and thru. The styling is unlike all the other typical minivan on the market, so in a way, I feel that it is less like a minivan. I like the boxy style at the back, although I would understand that it is a love it or hate it styling. I love the CVT on the Quest. I test drove a Cube couple years back and it was so loud and straining at all RPM. I think the problem with the Cube was the small engine. With the Quest's 3.5L engine, the CVT is quiet and extremely smooth. The interior is just unbelievable for a minivan. It basically is a carbon copy of the Infiniti's interior design. Fit and finish is top notch. I guess that's the result of the vehicle being built in Japan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Quest Minivan in NJ is:

$210 per month*