Used 2012 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Enjoyed until
By DChief

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We enjoyed overall. But, we were hit 2 weeks after buying and in shop for months. then got regular maintenance. Went though 5 set of tires, most ever on a vehicle. Now at 152,000, the transmission can not be repaired. Have to replace, it'll cost me 3,3000 and AC is not as cool as it used to be. Nissan service has no interest in helping me only stated I need to replace the transmission when I went in for I fluid service. Value is so upside down that trading in is an option. Not happy.

We absolutely LOVED our Nissan Quest, until..
By Rachel B.

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We loved our Nissan Quest, until the warranty ran out. Now, the car we once loved and adored, sits at the Nissan Service center, with $6500 worth of repairs on the CVT transmission and AC unit. We can't afford the repairs, since we still owe $15,000 on the car. Nissan has offered us zero support, despite the wide spread number of documented complaints on 2010-2012 Nissans CVT transmissions, and Nissan Quest A/C units. Additionally, the car has gone through 6 sets of tires, and seems to need breaks every few months. It is VERY costly to own a Nissan Quest. I suggest, if you're in the market for a used mini van, stay away from the Quest, and look at something like a Kia Sedona, which has a stronger warranty.

Great Van
By cgarris

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This van has a nice interior and is easy to drive and park. Back up camera is very helpful. It has plenty of power to accelerate when needed.

Beware of Toyo A22 Tire Wear
By Lawrence Blind

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The original tires on our Quest, Toyo A22, have worn to the wear bars at 22,800 miles. After some online research I have discovered that others have also noticed and complained about this. Our vehicle is driven around town for usual family outings, and a couple of longer out of town trips. Our Firestone dealer, who services the vehicle and rotates the tires regularly, said there is no OEM warranty on the tire, either from Nissan or Toyo.

Others have commented that the tires were likely not sized correctly by Nissan to handle the vehicle weight, and we think there is something to this argument. The only other conclusion is that the Toyo A22 are a very cheap tire thrown on a new car to save a few $$. Either way, we are very disappointed that we need to replace the tires with such low mileage on them, and we will certainly avoid purchasing either new Toyo tires or any vehicle with them in the future.

2012 Nissan Quest SV
By ep1

2012 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought my Quest it was used at 43,000 miles and it still drives very quite, the ride is supple with no rattles and compared to my 2004 Pacifica the Quest is right on par with the German engineering and in ways even better! Now after a year of ownership and putting on 20,000 miles the Quest still manages to be very quiet where you can have a conversation inside with out raising you voice, all this car needed in a year was new brakes, tires and oil changes. My wife just loves this vehicle