3,000 miles and still going strong!
By bigal1020 on
2011 Nissan Quest SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After having owned a new 2011 Nissan Quest SL for 2 months now I wanted to share some of my honest feedback. 1st we are still glad with our choice to purchase this van over the rivals of Toyota and Honda. The quality is amazing and the interior is very luxurious. My refrigerator recently went out and I was able to haul a brand new Maytag side by side refrigerator in the back of this van. If you need more space than that go buy a Uhaul. Not to mention I still had space in the back floor compartment. Also in every review you will read that the cubic feet is less in the Nissan with all seats folded. True but remember they are not counting the 30 cu ft you have in the back storage well.
Favorite Features
My favorite features has to be the smart key system w/ push button start. Very slick way to enter and exit the vehicle. Also the buttons on the door are perfect for my kids so they aren't beating up the door handles. I felt like they were going to rip off the Honda's handles they had to pull them so hard. Also the seats are very comfortable and the DVD is sweet.
Suggested Improvements
After 3,000 miles we have noticed a whining sound coming from the power steering. When I take it in for the first oil change I will have the dealer look at it. Also the middle console in the front is too low and needs to be brought forward some to reach the cupholders. If you put a big cup in one of the cupholders you have to move the arm rest to buckle your seat belt. Other than those few things the van has been perfect.
By texas_daddy
on 12/22/11 08:39 AM (PST)

We also own a new Quest and after about 7,000 miles I have the same whine coming from the power steering. Sometimes it is quite annoying. We were told that is a "normal" sound for the new electronic power steering pump and that Nissan has no intention of fixing it at this point. Nissan needs to get this worked out and soon.