Just drove the 2011 Quest today
By spookydoo on
2011 Nissan Quest LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
My wife and I drove the 2011 Quest today. Nothing stood out one way or the other in terms of its handling. However, the seats were incredible. They are big, beefy, and Sooooooft. It was cold outside so we turned on the seat heaters. Warmed us up quickly. We didn't want to leave the vehicle. Middle row seats were decent. Back row was ok. Had to move the middle row seats up a little to get enough back row footroom, but nothing that would bother a child and most adults. The exterior boxy back is a little weird, but like most things in life, I'm sure we'll get used to it. Who knows, in a year, we may all be raving about it. We are shopping for a minivan. It is between this and the new Odyssey.
Favorite Features
Seats. Extremely soft, beefy, comfortable and warm when you turn on the heat seaters. Navigation and Tech package are the best I've seen between Odyssey, Sienna and Quest. Great camera views, weather forecasting, etc. Dash is very nice. Reminiscent of Infiniti dash which is very impressive. Opposite direction of Toyota Sienna dash which is very cheap looking and feeling. Also really like the fact that the tow package is built into the rear bumper as opposed to below it. Makes it a lot more attractive.
Suggested Improvements
Offer the surrounding cameras like in the Infiniti QX. If that had been offered, I think I would have HAD to buy this vehicle. Offer heated middle row seats. Our kids constantly complain about sitting on cold leather seats. Offer air conditioned front row seats (and middle row). Again, the kids do matter. We care about our kids and their comfort, not just their safety.On the exterior, it's a little boxy looking. Maybe I'll get use to this. But my wife and I are more streamlined kinda people. A sportier ride would have been nice, but not sure that my wife cares about that.
By ourhouse
on 03/23/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

Let me understand this people, your saying the Quest is better than the Odyssey (yup, that's how you spell it people) when you have consumer reports, edmunds and all the pros out there telling you the Odyssey is the best van made. No, we do not own one, but if I were to purchase one today it would be the Odyssey. The Quest looks so much like the Ford Flex.......did you notice that? Odyvan2, are you telling us you know more than the pros? I know one thing for certain, the previous quest was a complete joke. I hope that this one is better or it won't make it in today market either. One BIG strike going against it already is the gas mileage. When you look at the size of the Odyssey vs the quest....the highway miles for the Honda are 28mpg......the smaller quest is 24. Why is that? Mileage is sooooo important today. This is the first year for the new quest and already you guys are telling us it's the best. Hell, it hasn't been out long enough to prove itself yet. You guys have simply gone overboard. This isn't much different than buying stocks, I'll take the one that has proven itself over the long haul. Let's talk in a couple years when we are sure the quest isn't heading for major recalls. BTW.....I hope Nissan succeeds with this project.....nothing like good ole competition.

By vkmaxima
on 01/17/12 18:39 PM (PST)

Odyssey reliable? Have you not seen the forums here on Edmunds.com? Most Odyssey's have transmission problems. Starting from the model 1999 till 2007. You can even look it up. I think the Quest is a wonderful van, and is distinctive. No one can touch Nissan's SILKY V6. I'm not saying the Odyssey is completely horrible, but reliability wise.....it's not so great. People still have issues after replacing their transmissions. Some have even replaced them multiple times.

By emma19
on 07/22/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

Mini-van shopping and I wanted to leave a few personal thoughts here. I own a Camry, love my Toyota, but it is a bit bland, and that is how the Sienna feels. Nice, but bland. Love the new Odyssey BUT, this is a minvan, and I don't want to spend $40K on a minivan. Why Honda doesn't have simple things standard (such as Bluetooth and push button start) let alone even available as an option on their mid-level trim packages is beyond me. I am researching the Quest after seeing a new one parked in my neighbor's driveway. I really like the Ford Flex, and I think this has a very similar look. We will definitely be test driving the new Quest and I hope we like it as much as person as I like it on my internet screen. For the price, one can get so much more from the Quest than the Honda.

By 808speedcruzr
on 03/19/11 16:43 PM (PDT)

Wow! I just came from the Honolulu Auto Show. The new 100% Japan-made Quest and Toyota Sienna were directly across the aisle from eachother. The quality of the Quest's interior materials and design were far superior to the Sienna's. The $43,800 Sienna's leather seat stitching below the front seat headrest in the rear were crooked and wavy--very visible to rear seat occupants. Not very good quality control there....The front seats on the Quest were almost LaZBoy-like in comfort compared to the hard, shallow front seats in the Sienna. Both front door elbow rests on the Sienna had a thin layer of cushioning on cheapish vinyl, while the Quest's had much more padding and thicker, plusher feel to it. The soft pad dash on the Quest contrasted greatly to the Sienna's hard plastic dash pieces, which sounded cheap when tapped with the fingernail. The auto-folding rear seats--although appearing novel--actually partially crushed a cardboard oil change box I put in the rear bay where the seats fold into. Although the mechanism stopped, it didn't reverse like auto windows do to avoid pinching fingers. What if that was a baby stuck down there? I really like the fact that the Quest's permanent storage coves in back don't require you to move stuff out of the way to fold the seats down. Even the tall roof sills allowed for easier ingress/egress than both the Sienna and Odyssey. Lastly, the one-touch open/close sliding doors were fantastic!!!! The Sienna requires you tug and pull the handle for the door to auto-slide. I was not a fan of the previous-generation US-made Quests. But now that this one is 100% made in Japan (Fukuoka), the quality difference is so obvious. The design & materials felt and looked better than Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi. In fact, by the way, even the Hyundai Sonata's interior was much nicer in design and quality than the C & E-Class Benz. FYI, the Canadian-made VW Routan exuded Chrysler Caravan cheap everywhere. The hard plastic non-variable adjustable rear armrests were hard and pathetic. Even the stickers on the driver's door and in the engine bay prominently display 'Chrysler Group'. Very cheap and not very comfortable inside too...and overpriced. The Honda Odyssey appeared better built than the Sienna, but fell short in design in my own perspective. Great job Nissan!

By pithpress1
on 05/08/11 23:37 PM (PDT)

Rayenet- Leave Ourhouse alone! I traded in my 2006 T&C (totally unimpressive -- really) for a 2010 Odyssey a year ago. I love that Odyssey. I had owned a 2001 Odyssey (which I bought new 177K ago and which I traded up for a 2011 in October). We loved that 2011 so much and were fighting over who was going to drive it. Still we looked into the Quest (very nice), the Sienna (unimpressive) and decided to trade in the 2010 for the Touring model of the Odyssey 2011. Now we have two. I have never had any problems with my Hondas other than regular maintenance. There are numerous good reasons to buy a Quest. I think the Honda Odyssey wins hands down -- Heck, its 40k for crying out loud... YOU'VE gotta make the decision that makes YOU HAPPY!

By texas_daddy
on 07/03/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

Here we go again, somebody who does not own and has not driven the Honda Odyssey claiming that it gets 28 MPG. Ourhouse, the best MPG I have seen on the Odyssey when it is TESTED is 21 MPG, Consumer Reports got a whopping 19 MPG in mixed driving. The 28 MPG is a myth and an urban legend. I don't know who Honda paid off to get that rating. I test drove an Odyssey, and it was well built and I trust reliable. Obviously, a top minivan, but for my purposes the Quest is even nicer. I purchased the Quest. When I later asked my wife what she did NOT like about the Honda, she simply stated, I hated that thing.

By odyvan2
on 02/25/11 17:07 PM (PST)

i have 07 honda odyssey, now engine is knocking and i have so much recall on the van,first month i have problem with steering, and axle,master cylinder,steering pump,no more octane for engine , otherwise it knocking....a lot of headach. go to carcomplaints.com, and check it out

By phil108
on 03/14/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

For those that are going to buy a minivan dont do what your freinds say or even what some of the bias media want you to do and go out and buy an Odesy. Let me tellya my sister has one my brother has one my preacher has one my neighber has one I get stuck behind one in traffic every day, I would like to be the person that doesnt have the same car 90% of families have in the Uninted states of America. For one thing dont lie to your self or fool yourself if your buying the van that handles better as far as steering response goes your silly your wife wont ever let you drive it how you want to any way why pretend it matters that much and for crying out loud "I cant put a whole sheet of plywood in it " They make trucks and trailers for those kind of things and are you going to be doing any drift car circuits with this van you said you picked out because of its handling. I will stop my rambling now just by what you like Its your mony I love thye Quest its amazingly comfortable and has awsome power and looks great in my opinion. Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are very competitive with each other so Just look at it like this their all quallity. I made the analiogy that they are lik I a competitive fast food restaraunt , say like taco bell verses a competitor and the competitor is like " Oh; we specialize in sourcream on our tacos" Well what kind of a taco doesnt have sourcream on it. Its how much does it have on it. So buy what you like they all have their little nitches where they say this is better than the other , so if doesnt matter to you dont buy it. By the way the Quest is the van for me!

By odyvan2
on 02/25/11 17:03 PM (PST)

odyssey is no good, i have so much problem with odyssey., you would regret it, if you want to get honda, go to autobeef.com and look at honda survey, no more honda for me....

By rayenet
on 03/23/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

ourhouse- You are the least qualified to give an opinion about the Odyssey or the Quest, especially since you own neither. It does not matter if you can spell Odyssey correctly. What matters most, is real world experiences and ownership. I currently own an Odyssey and I have owned a Sienna and both vans are a POS. Do you actually believe your so called experts who spend a few days reviewing these vehicles instead of an owner who uses their vehicle day in and day out? If you did your homework in regards to the many quality issues with the Odyssey, you would not want to own an Odyssey today. If you had eye for quality and the ability to think for yourself, you would be able to see that the new Japanese made Quest is far superior in workmanship and quality than the previous Quest, along with the current offerings from Honda and Toyota. I am an Investment Advisor and past performance of a stock is not an indicator of future performance. My future investment in a minivan will be the Quest!