I'm glad I give the Quest a look.
By texas_daddy on
2011 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After spending nearly 3 months on and off test driving both used and every new minivan currently on the market, I finally drove the Nissan Quest. Without realizing it, I saved the best for last. My wife and I were both unexcited about purchasing a new van to replace our 10 year old MPV. But after driving the Quest we were finally able stay goodbye and sign on the dotted line. The Sienna, Odyssey just didn't have the same quiet and refined ride that the Quest has. Nor did they have the same level of quality materials used on the interior of the Quest. We were impressed.
Favorite Features
I would have to say that it was the overall combination of the ride, quietness, steering, braking and acceleration that sold us. Of course all minivans have the same basic features and the Quest has those same features . I have read a number of reviews criticize the Quest because the seats can be removed and they don't fold into the floor. I think for your average family, this is a mute point. If you are going to haul more than a few sheets of plywood, than you probably want to rent a truck or have a large purchased delivered. I hauled 9 bags of mulch in mine the other day and it worked just great. I had to remove the 2nd row seats in my old van and it was a pain in the . . .
Suggested Improvements
Unfortunately for Nissan, they priced the Quest above the Sienna and even the Odyssey. But, I negotiated deals on both of those vehicles as well as the Quest and they are all about the same price after you negotiate. The sticker on the Sienna is a bit more attractive, but I had 2 dealerships tell me that they just didn't have any room to move on the price and we all know Honda dealers don't negotiate that much. The Nissan dealer came way down and in the end I got the van I wanted for about he same price as a similarly equipped Sienna or Odyssey.