2 months and 5,ooo miles later
By texas_daddy on
2011 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
As should be expected my Quest continues to impress and delight my family. We recently took a road trip from Texas to Northern Wisconsin, over 2500 miles. The quietness of the Quest was great during the 40 hours on the road as was the soft yet controlled ride. I also got to test out the Quest's ability to make a U-turn many times, no GPS. It is very tight turning radius and handles better than I expected from such a large vehicle.
Favorite Features
The Quest was designed for comfort and convenience and it did not disappoint. We had more than enough room for all our stuff in the back, although we needed to leave the back cargo covers in the open position. We also were able to remove the counsel between the two 2nd row seats, that was a convenient feature to have that option. The gas mileage did NOT disappoint. When we pulled into the Wisconsin Dells we had 23.5 MPG on the trip computer and averaged around 22.5 MPG on the entire trip. The cruise control works to perfection. The CVT also worked great, it seemed to downshift just at the right time. My kids all wanted to sit in the 3rd row, by themselves if course & my oldest is 5'10".
Suggested Improvements
As far as improvements go, it is a really far reach to the rear view mirror. I have to lean forward and back as many as 4 times in order to get it adjusted how I need it. Nissan should have included some speakers in the 3rd row, but we just faded the speakers back and it was OK. Also, as others have pointed out the windows are not as large as some other minivans and therefore the visibility is a bit less, if you are on the short side, you should make sure that it is not an issue for you. Lastly, while the Quest runs fine on 87 octane, the manufacturer recommends premium, this is important on long trips as it get better mileage with the premium.