Used 2011 Nissan Quest SL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Our PartyVan
By raq_sv

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Minivans in the U.S. are mostly used to haul kids and run errands to the groceries and hardware stores. We use it to haul adults and friends to parties on weekends. All I have to say the Quest is an awesome van because it's 100% made in Japan next to the Nissan Elgrand E52! No other Japanese vans in North America are JDM like the Quest. Like everyone said, the build quality is rock solid and very Infiniti like. I just slapped on a set of 20'' rims with TEIN coilovers. It looks good and handles like a sport wagon. No more "trampolines" feeling on the highway and body rolls are reduced greatly. [non-permissible content removed]

Automatic fold down rear screen; two captain chairs in the center row; remote control on both rear sliding doors even when the engine is on

The back up camera is not enough! Bring the 360 degrees view cameras like the Elgrand over to North America, Nissan! Other reQUEST: -Power folding mirrors -Lounge Chairs (front passenger & 2nd row) like the Elgrand! -The output on the taillights are too weak. Only 1 bulb to share the brake and running light. Lastly, make it look more handome like the Elgrand. Enough said.

Don't Mind Making the Payment
By flowerlover3

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Other than the battery issue we had to begin with, the van has been great. It feels like a Mercedes inside, nice and cushy, and drives like a luxury sedan. It doesn't hurt that I got a great deal on a left-over 2011.

The front seats, the power in acceleration, and the roominess.

I wish it had a few more lighter outlets up front. The gas mileage could be a bit better.

Love my Quest but....
By diamondeyes333

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle for 5 weeks now and love it overall. I purchased a 2011 Quest leftover that had 15 miles on it. However, I just had a new battery installed by the dealership (covered by warranty) since it kept refusing to start. We thought my kids had left light on or one of the doors was left open (kinda hard to believe since we always use the buttons to open/close). Long story short, two people my husband works with bought new 2011 Quests and said it was a bad battery. Sure enough, brought it to the dealership and the battery was bad. This seems to be a pretty common problem with this vehicle. Hopefully no more surprises.

3,000 miles and still going strong!
By bigal1020

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After having owned a new 2011 Nissan Quest SL for 2 months now I wanted to share some of my honest feedback. 1st we are still glad with our choice to purchase this van over the rivals of Toyota and Honda. The quality is amazing and the interior is very luxurious. My refrigerator recently went out and I was able to haul a brand new Maytag side by side refrigerator in the back of this van. If you need more space than that go buy a Uhaul. Not to mention I still had space in the back floor compartment. Also in every review you will read that the cubic feet is less in the Nissan with all seats folded. True but remember they are not counting the 30 cu ft you have in the back storage well.

My favorite features has to be the smart key system w/ push button start. Very slick way to enter and exit the vehicle. Also the buttons on the door are perfect for my kids so they aren't beating up the door handles. I felt like they were going to rip off the Honda's handles they had to pull them so hard. Also the seats are very comfortable and the DVD is sweet.

After 3,000 miles we have noticed a whining sound coming from the power steering. When I take it in for the first oil change I will have the dealer look at it. Also the middle console in the front is too low and needs to be brought forward some to reach the cupholders. If you put a big cup in one of the cupholders you have to move the arm rest to buckle your seat belt. Other than those few things the van has been perfect.

Best minivan for the money
By alan1020

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First off let me explain that I am a car enthusiast. I read review after review weighing the pros and cons of vehicles before I even consider purchasing one. When the time came for my wife and I to choose a new van (at the time we had an 07 Odyssey) I wanted to evaluate all the 2011 models. After all my analysis this is the conclusion I came to, the 2011 Nissan Quest. In comparing the Quest, we looked at all the other vans out on the market. Odyssey has an awesome interior but the exterior is insanely ugly. Plus we hadn't been pleased with the transmission on our 07. Toyota Sienna was too cheap looking inside and out and the new Dodge's exterior is too bland as well.

The Quest beat all the competitors on looks, quality, refinement, ride and features. We opted for the SL with leather and DVD. This package gave us the intelligent key system which I love. Everything about this van screams quality. The interior is very nice and has a luxury feel. The ride is very smooth and quiet as well. Our kids love the DVD with the headphones and so do my wife and I. My only complaint would be to add an aux input just in case you don't have an iPod to hook up. The backup camera also helps when getting out of parking spots.

My only suggestions would be to add an aux input for the audio. Also there could be a little more room leg wise in the second row. Other than that the van has everything you could need. Just enough storage room even though the rear seats don't fold into the floor and a great quality feel to the vehicle.