Used 2011 Nissan Quest SV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Loved, then not so loved.
By p_c

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We really, really wanted to continue liking our 2011 Quest, but it has gotten to the point that we are selling it before paying it off and getting out of the vehicle before something major (a.k.a. expensive) occurs. Within 1 year, both front doors required the bolts to be re-tightened as they got loose. That is ridiculous as a quality assurance problem from the factory. Within 2.5 years, it required new tires all the way around. 30k miles. Engine starting occasionally sputters, fails to start. It has run rough until warming up as well. Accessory belt is squeaking when humid outside and engine is cold. Engine oil change had metal bits recently, 32k miles. Brake job required, 33k.

Exterior and interior design are very attractive. Interior fit and finish is outstanding compared to other vehicles. Very impressed, which is why we bought the vehicle in the first place.

Wrong tire compound was chosen, or the entire suspension and tire combination was engineered wrong resulting in fast wear of tires. Improve the QA at the factory. Shipping a vehicle that requires the door bolts to be re-tightened is beyond comprehension considering this is not a new manufacturing company. Engine build and engineering went poorly, resulting in belt squeaking, rough idle some times, and other issues. The unit we have is a bomb that hopefully doesn't pop before we sell it. We will never buy or lease a Nissan again.

One Year - Great Mini Van!!!
By joequest

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my Quest for one year now with 12,000 miles on it and not a problem yet. Frequently have 7 passengers in the car with no complaints. Drives smooth on the highway and so far so good. I must add that the CVT does lag a tad when hitting the gas from start. It doesn't bother me too much but wish it picked up quicker. Did a lot of research before going with the Quest, but I also have a 1995 Villager with a Nissan Engine that is still going strong also and just can't get rid of it. I did trade in my 2003 Grand Caravan and don't regret it a bit. All I can say is "Love the Quest!" Thinking of getting a second one whenever my 95 Villager stops running, but that may be years away

Found the seats to be comfortable and interior is roomy.

The CVT does lag a bit but it doesn't bother me too much. A little more pickup when you hit the gas from a stop would be nice.

2 months and 5,ooo miles later
By texas_daddy

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As should be expected my Quest continues to impress and delight my family. We recently took a road trip from Texas to Northern Wisconsin, over 2500 miles. The quietness of the Quest was great during the 40 hours on the road as was the soft yet controlled ride. I also got to test out the Quest's ability to make a U-turn many times, no GPS. It is very tight turning radius and handles better than I expected from such a large vehicle.

The Quest was designed for comfort and convenience and it did not disappoint. We had more than enough room for all our stuff in the back, although we needed to leave the back cargo covers in the open position. We also were able to remove the counsel between the two 2nd row seats, that was a convenient feature to have that option. The gas mileage did NOT disappoint. When we pulled into the Wisconsin Dells we had 23.5 MPG on the trip computer and averaged around 22.5 MPG on the entire trip. The cruise control works to perfection. The CVT also worked great, it seemed to downshift just at the right time. My kids all wanted to sit in the 3rd row, by themselves if course & my oldest is 5'10".

As far as improvements go, it is a really far reach to the rear view mirror. I have to lean forward and back as many as 4 times in order to get it adjusted how I need it. Nissan should have included some speakers in the 3rd row, but we just faded the speakers back and it was OK. Also, as others have pointed out the windows are not as large as some other minivans and therefore the visibility is a bit less, if you are on the short side, you should make sure that it is not an issue for you. Lastly, while the Quest runs fine on 87 octane, the manufacturer recommends premium, this is important on long trips as it get better mileage with the premium.

I'm glad I give the Quest a look.
By texas_daddy

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After spending nearly 3 months on and off test driving both used and every new minivan currently on the market, I finally drove the Nissan Quest. Without realizing it, I saved the best for last. My wife and I were both unexcited about purchasing a new van to replace our 10 year old MPV. But after driving the Quest we were finally able stay goodbye and sign on the dotted line. The Sienna, Odyssey just didn't have the same quiet and refined ride that the Quest has. Nor did they have the same level of quality materials used on the interior of the Quest. We were impressed.

I would have to say that it was the overall combination of the ride, quietness, steering, braking and acceleration that sold us. Of course all minivans have the same basic features and the Quest has those same features . I have read a number of reviews criticize the Quest because the seats can be removed and they don't fold into the floor. I think for your average family, this is a mute point. If you are going to haul more than a few sheets of plywood, than you probably want to rent a truck or have a large purchased delivered. I hauled 9 bags of mulch in mine the other day and it worked just great. I had to remove the 2nd row seats in my old van and it was a pain in the . . .

Unfortunately for Nissan, they priced the Quest above the Sienna and even the Odyssey. But, I negotiated deals on both of those vehicles as well as the Quest and they are all about the same price after you negotiate. The sticker on the Sienna is a bit more attractive, but I had 2 dealerships tell me that they just didn't have any room to move on the price and we all know Honda dealers don't negotiate that much. The Nissan dealer came way down and in the end I got the van I wanted for about he same price as a similarly equipped Sienna or Odyssey.

2011 Quest is awesome
By paul_hansen

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We did a lot of research. Besides the Nissan Quest, we drove the Honda Odyssey (ok), Toyota Sienna (yuck), Buick Enclave (nice, but $), and Mazda 5 (great, affordable microvan). Hands down, the Nissan Quest was our choice. Definitely feels like driving a luxury car. Pro reviewers should rate it higher. Seven seats are plenty, and I don't care that they don't "stow and go," because both back rows fold flat for plenty of cargo space. If that's really not enough, rent a U-haul. Also, since the third row doesn't fold into the floor, you're left with cavernous storage that doesn't have to be emptied to fold the seats.

Great back-up camera and pushbutton opening 2nd row sliders--included on one of the lower trim levels! Keyless key is cool, as is the wrap around glass look in the back. Yes, it looks boxy, but it's a cool boxy. Because of the squared shape, interior space (and accesss to it) is maximized.

Include floormats.