Used 2011 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Loved, then not so loved.
By p_c

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We really, really wanted to continue liking our 2011 Quest, but it has gotten to the point that we are selling it before paying it off and getting out of the vehicle before something major (a.k.a. expensive) occurs. Within 1 year, both front doors required the bolts to be re-tightened as they got loose. That is ridiculous as a quality assurance problem from the factory. Within 2.5 years, it required new tires all the way around. 30k miles. Engine starting occasionally sputters, fails to start. It has run rough until warming up as well. Accessory belt is squeaking when humid outside and engine is cold. Engine oil change had metal bits recently, 32k miles. Brake job required, 33k.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design are very attractive. Interior fit and finish is outstanding compared to other vehicles. Very impressed, which is why we bought the vehicle in the first place.

Suggested Improvements

Wrong tire compound was chosen, or the entire suspension and tire combination was engineered wrong resulting in fast wear of tires. Improve the QA at the factory. Shipping a vehicle that requires the door bolts to be re-tightened is beyond comprehension considering this is not a new manufacturing company. Engine build and engineering went poorly, resulting in belt squeaking, rough idle some times, and other issues. The unit we have is a bomb that hopefully doesn't pop before we sell it. We will never buy or lease a Nissan again.

One Year - Great Mini Van!!!
By joequest

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my Quest for one year now with 12,000 miles on it and not a problem yet. Frequently have 7 passengers in the car with no complaints. Drives smooth on the highway and so far so good. I must add that the CVT does lag a tad when hitting the gas from start. It doesn't bother me too much but wish it picked up quicker. Did a lot of research before going with the Quest, but I also have a 1995 Villager with a Nissan Engine that is still going strong also and just can't get rid of it. I did trade in my 2003 Grand Caravan and don't regret it a bit. All I can say is "Love the Quest!" Thinking of getting a second one whenever my 95 Villager stops running, but that may be years away

Favorite Features

Found the seats to be comfortable and interior is roomy.

Suggested Improvements

The CVT does lag a bit but it doesn't bother me too much. A little more pickup when you hit the gas from a stop would be nice.

Our PartyVan
By raq_sv

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Minivans in the U.S. are mostly used to haul kids and run errands to the groceries and hardware stores. We use it to haul adults and friends to parties on weekends. All I have to say the Quest is an awesome van because it's 100% made in Japan next to the Nissan Elgrand E52! No other Japanese vans in North America are JDM like the Quest. Like everyone said, the build quality is rock solid and very Infiniti like. I just slapped on a set of 20'' rims with TEIN coilovers. It looks good and handles like a sport wagon. No more "trampolines" feeling on the highway and body rolls are reduced greatly. [non-permissible content removed]

Favorite Features

Automatic fold down rear screen; two captain chairs in the center row; remote control on both rear sliding doors even when the engine is on

Suggested Improvements

The back up camera is not enough! Bring the 360 degrees view cameras like the Elgrand over to North America, Nissan! Other reQUEST: -Power folding mirrors -Lounge Chairs (front passenger & 2nd row) like the Elgrand! -The output on the taillights are too weak. Only 1 bulb to share the brake and running light. Lastly, make it look more handome like the Elgrand. Enough said.

transmission problem,
By djohnny999

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan LE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

when I first purchase , I had couple screw lose on drive side, check engine light come on, computer technology still not stability. axe have noise when you back up....

Don't Mind Making the Payment
By flowerlover3

2011 Nissan Quest Minivan SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Other than the battery issue we had to begin with, the van has been great. It feels like a Mercedes inside, nice and cushy, and drives like a luxury sedan. It doesn't hurt that I got a great deal on a left-over 2011.

Favorite Features

The front seats, the power in acceleration, and the roominess.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a few more lighter outlets up front. The gas mileage could be a bit better.