Used 2008 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Not your average mini-van
By blundoboys

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a large family of 4 children, we are forced to drive a mini-van. I've owned 2 prior mini-vans in the past & always "felt" like I was driving a mini-van. With the Quest, not only does it not look like your average mini-van, but you feel like you're driving a luxurious car, not some soccer mom vehicle (even though that's what it is). The interior is amazing, my husband & I actually argue on who's going to drive it where as before I could have cared less. I love this van & would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone in the market for a new mini-van w/ a large family.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, cargo space for double stroller & groceries w/ room to spare, being able to move the seats in position for the kids & car seats. The sun-roof for all passengers, kids think love the DVD systems for movies & games. I love the automatic doors, helpful for moms w/ their hands full.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm.... not many, maybe better on gas mileage due to the cost in fuel these days? Also, I am not impressed with the XM satellite radio, we use Sirius & can't wait to switch that out.

One Year In
By Tony

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of space. Got a good deal on it, so it was a great value. Drives very much like a big car. Good power and pretty decent gas mileage (18 city - 24 to 25 highway). Agree with others that the body structure is a little loose.

Favorite Features

Engine. Suspension. Value.

Suggested Improvements

Can't understand why the 2nd row seats are more comfortable than the 1st row. The mild body squeaks and creaks will likely get worse over time.

Very nice minivan
By leeman391

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous van was a Mercury Villager which I liked very much, and so wanted to buy the Quest. However I didn't like the center Instrumentation so when it was updated to the left side I was very pleased and started looking to buy one. The van is the nicest looking minivan and has a well laid out interior design and trim. It drives very car like and it is easy to exceed the speed limit.

Favorite Features

DVD player, smooth and powerful engine, car-like drive ability. Very modern looks.

Suggested Improvements

Split rear seats and reposition middle seat cup holder. Add 3rd row heat/cool controls.

Love my Quest
By 1sttimequestbuyer

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all minivans before looking at the quest, it was our final stop. I test drove it and loved it! It does drive like a car and is very comfortable. I love the room inside. The seats are very comfortable. I am getting the average minivan gas mileage so i cant complain about that. I would recommend this van to anyone, and for what you get for the price compared to odyssey and sienna its a great deal. I also love that all the seats can fold flat without having to be taken out of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

the way it drives, room, interior/exterior design, flat folding seats

Suggested Improvements

roll down second windows on all models.

Never Buying Nissan Again
By cmadd78

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a NEW Nissan Quest in 2008. When we first bought we enjoyed every aspect of it. About a month later the problems began. The windows would whistle as we picked up speed (dealership claimed it was normal), we had some problems with ac not working properly (dealership fixed), and then a few years later the cheap car starts having more and more issues. The passengers side mirror cover on the visor falls off, the body rattles, the passengers side window motor quit working, the brake disks warped and had to be replaced, you so much as sneeze on the thing and the paint will scratch or the body dents. Features are nice but van is built too cheap. Cant wait to get rid of it!!

Favorite Features

Built in DVD player and roominess

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to use better fasteners on the body that keep it from rattling so much. They also need better seals around the windows to keep the noise down. Basically stop being so cheap with your parts. I thought it was a great price for what I was getting, but now I realize what I have gotten. I learn from my mistakes and this is definately a mistake I wont be making again when I buy another car. I understand sometimes things happen, but with this vehicle they happen far too often. Goodbye Nissan.....