2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2008 Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Sort Reviews by

Sexy Mama Van
By imariquinn

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 08 Nissan Quest for 5 months now and have put on 4800 miles. I have had it in the dealer one time and that was for the first oil change at 3000 miles. The van is beautiful to look at, I love the auto hatch door. It is very convenient to have it open and close with the touch of a button! Also, the dual sliding doors both work and I don't notice any rattling. The fold flat rear seats are quick and easy to manipulate and came in handy when I was moving some furniture. My gas mileage is great, not as good as my Odyssey with the VCS engine though. I am averaging 24MPG using 87 Regular gas. I have flat terrain and avoid highways. I recommend!

Favorite Features

Auto sliding doors and back hatch! Back up sensors! Convenient iPod input and digital display on dash. Sexy styling of the exterior and very roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Add additional cup holders in front (my Odyssey had 4 - I miss this). Make a better trunk well liner to cover the bottom - the options available are quite ugly. Make it easier to add XM radio to the S models.

Many Nissans owned - 3 Quests
By Nissan Guy

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned an Altima, Pathfinder, two Maximas, and three Quests, 2004, 2007, 2008, all SEs. Our first Quest was great mechanically except for the sliding door rattles that Nissan fixed the next year. We found the road noise to be quieter after replacing the Good Year tires with Bridgestone. 2007 had front end issues fixed under warranty, no door rattles, but we got hoodwinked by the Michelin PAX tires so we just traded for the 2008. I think it will be quieter again after removing the Good Year Eagle tires. I have had Eagles on other vehicles without the road noise but not the Quest. We have loved all of our Nissan's. They have rarely if ever had to visit mechanics.

Favorite Features

Outside styling, always gets looks and comments. Skyview, dual dvd, room to haul, flat fold seats, 2008 seats are better than earlier versions.

Suggested Improvements

Touchscreen navigation, Bridgestone tires, my first Maxima had Bridgestone and we have loved them since. Ability to watch dual movies on dual dvd.

A Nice Van
By kulunphan818

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SE Quest includes dual DVD screen + navigation system. The main reason for purchasing the Quest because all my family members like the style, interior designs of the van, even though I am not very confident of the long-term reliability of the Quest. However, I was willing to make the bet. It is no question that the Quest has much better exterior and interior designs, comparing with other major vans (Odyssey, Sienna, etc.). The only thing I did not like is the uncomfortable front seats. But the van is much quieter than Sienna or Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Skyview in the back, dual DVD screen. The upgraded Bose system sounds just OK but I know that Bose does not make good sound system like some people might think (cause I am an audiophile) or if compared with other sound systems. The Boston Acoustic sound system in my Chrysler 300C sounds much better.

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen navigation, instead of the joystick. Improve the front seats (driver and passengers.) The seats were designed to have too much bump for lumbar support, but it caused us not be able to lay down to rest our head to the head rest.

Love my Quest
By 1sttimequestbuyer

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all minivans before looking at the quest, it was our final stop. I test drove it and loved it! It does drive like a car and is very comfortable. I love the room inside. The seats are very comfortable. I am getting the average minivan gas mileage so i cant complain about that. I would recommend this van to anyone, and for what you get for the price compared to odyssey and sienna its a great deal. I also love that all the seats can fold flat without having to be taken out of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

the way it drives, room, interior/exterior design, flat folding seats

Suggested Improvements

roll down second windows on all models.

Not your average mini-van
By blundoboys

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a large family of 4 children, we are forced to drive a mini-van. I've owned 2 prior mini-vans in the past & always "felt" like I was driving a mini-van. With the Quest, not only does it not look like your average mini-van, but you feel like you're driving a luxurious car, not some soccer mom vehicle (even though that's what it is). The interior is amazing, my husband & I actually argue on who's going to drive it where as before I could have cared less. I love this van & would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone in the market for a new mini-van w/ a large family.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, cargo space for double stroller & groceries w/ room to spare, being able to move the seats in position for the kids & car seats. The sun-roof for all passengers, kids think love the DVD systems for movies & games. I love the automatic doors, helpful for moms w/ their hands full.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm.... not many, maybe better on gas mileage due to the cost in fuel these days? Also, I am not impressed with the XM satellite radio, we use Sirius & can't wait to switch that out.

Drives like a wagon, roomy as a minivan
By AlphaForceX

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 1st mini-van and we had our eyes set on Odyssey and Sienna. After testing driving them all (Quest twice), we decided on the Quest due to the incentive and designs. It drives and looks like a wagon but is roomy as a minivan. The other cars especially the Sienna are very boring but Quest still looks fresh after 4 years (since 2004). The fuel economy is awesome for a 4000+ lbs vehicle. I could easily get 26+ MPG on the highway. Doesn't feel like driving a mini-van at all.

Favorite Features

Dual DVDs, power lift gate, wide seats, skyviews, bluetooth, and flight-like overhead console (makes you feel like you are flying a jet).

Suggested Improvements

HID, split 3rd row seats, 2nd row windows, extra sound insulation, larger front sunroof, and larger DVD screens. Will be nice if Nissan offers a body kit for it.

2008 Quest S Trim
By boomboxjoe

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned it for a month but I can say it has great power for a minivan. I can get 25 mpg Highway when trying. Have maxed out at 26.4 I have fun with the MPG display gauge and Tire PSI which i set at 44 PSI. Automatic hatch is great but the cubby hole where the 3rd row can fold into is great for food shopping. I feel for the money its a good van.

Favorite Features

Automatic sliding door and hatch. Third row storage.

Was worth it
By Michael G.

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We (my wife and I) cannot be more happy; I love the acceleration, space, comfort, sound and the feel driving this car.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

I feel the road through the gas pedal - vibrates under my feet.

Pleased so far.......
By Samuel

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the Quest about 2 months ago and to my surprise, have had no real issues. This is our first minivan and I was leaning hard to the Sienna simply because I have owned Toyotas in the past and have had no major problems. After much research, we went with the Quest because of the incentives offered at the time. We got much more van at a lower cost than the Sienna. Happy so far, but only time will tell.

Favorite Features

Smooth V6 engine, plenty of power. Interior room. Fold flat seats. Cornering lights! Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better.

More Than Mini
By ithndr

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 3 previous minivans and have been pleased with all 3 for there everyday and vacation utility to haul 4 children, a bunch of luggage and still not break your back at the gas pump. When we started out this time we set ourselves on the Odyssey EXL w/DVD or Toyota Sienna XLE. These are suppose to be the champs. We loved the Honda versus our prior Chrysler T&Cs for the style and build. We favored the Honda over the Sienna's styling, we were buying the Honda. I decided after further research to look at the redesigned Quest 3.5 SE. We were instantly impressed by this luxury/sport vans handling! This blows away the concept that minivans have to be boring, unimaginative people movers

Favorite Features

3.5 V-6 Engine/5 spd.transmission- smooth as silk and very responsive. Seating surfaces and styling are high end. Dual DVDs and Bose stereo make long travel pleasurable with 4 kids. Navigation system and center controls are easy to use and see. 5 moonroofs eliminate claustrophobia. Its a Nissan!

Suggested Improvements

Finish all the chrome accents to the exhaust tip. Roll down 2nd row windows. More defined side bolsters on drivers seat.