Used 2008 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Never Buying Nissan Again
By cmadd78

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a NEW Nissan Quest in 2008. When we first bought we enjoyed every aspect of it. About a month later the problems began. The windows would whistle as we picked up speed (dealership claimed it was normal), we had some problems with ac not working properly (dealership fixed), and then a few years later the cheap car starts having more and more issues. The passengers side mirror cover on the visor falls off, the body rattles, the passengers side window motor quit working, the brake disks warped and had to be replaced, you so much as sneeze on the thing and the paint will scratch or the body dents. Features are nice but van is built too cheap. Cant wait to get rid of it!!

Favorite Features

Built in DVD player and roominess

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to use better fasteners on the body that keep it from rattling so much. They also need better seals around the windows to keep the noise down. Basically stop being so cheap with your parts. I thought it was a great price for what I was getting, but now I realize what I have gotten. I learn from my mistakes and this is definately a mistake I wont be making again when I buy another car. I understand sometimes things happen, but with this vehicle they happen far too often. Goodbye Nissan.....

Made cheap
By haynie3

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our van in 2008 thought it would be great to own a brand new vehicle. Well within 1 year the mirror visor broke off and the arm rest fell off and the rubber seals on side doors came off. Well today i was driving and there was a flapping noise, I looked back and it was the metal insert on top of the van,where you would have the racks at flapping on the side of van, i had to pull over and get before it hit someones vehicle. It just seems like the veichle is made cheaply, when only having a short time.

Favorite Features

I do like how the back seat folds down.

Very nice minivan
By leeman391

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous van was a Mercury Villager which I liked very much, and so wanted to buy the Quest. However I didn't like the center Instrumentation so when it was updated to the left side I was very pleased and started looking to buy one. The van is the nicest looking minivan and has a well laid out interior design and trim. It drives very car like and it is easy to exceed the speed limit.

Favorite Features

DVD player, smooth and powerful engine, car-like drive ability. Very modern looks.

Suggested Improvements

Split rear seats and reposition middle seat cup holder. Add 3rd row heat/cool controls.

A great mini-van with style
By Jade1023

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 3 previous Town & Country vans, we had had enough of the maintenance/repair issues. We also were looking for more exterior style. We bought this van and promptly took a very long vacation. The performance of this van was far superior to our previous vans. We are sold on this van.

Favorite Features

Interior room, exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Gear shift obstructs the controls for the radio.

Lemon???
By kehaunani

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well within the first year and a half, I had to take van back to dealer for quite a few fixes. There was a missing piece in the braking component, they replaced it, they had to replace the seals for the sliding door and hatch, the visors broke off just by opening them, they were replaced. My van was bogging while driving,check engine light came on with that,car had to be towed back to dealership, they had to change out the cylynoids. The a/c came on when it felt like it.they changed two major components for the a/c. went to p/u van after a/c repair, van would not start. end result, could not lemon law. didnt have 3x for the same problem.traded van in for a 2009 altima.wish me luck! :(

Favorite Features

roomy