Used 2008 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

NEVER!!!..Ever, Ever, Ever buy!!!
By Jeff

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I concurr with everyone who has had problem with this Van: interior quality is Cheap- mirrors/visors easily break, AC zips sues, Driver & Passenger Windows stop working but the very rear vent Windows work..changed out motor, controller, fuses (inside & out) and still don't work; rear end went out, power steering pump went out, rattling, siding on interior seats started coming off. THIS VAN is HORRIBLE!!!! Do not buy, New or Used !!!!!!!

Why the fuss?
By Barry Blank

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its 2015 and I guess I'm the odd ball out. I have have 40,000 logged miles and no problems with one exception Last month (July 2015) the variable windshield control stopped functioning properly. That's it, pure and simple. I'll take this one issue in 8 years any day.
This is our 2nd Quest *first one is a1994 still running - we use it for hauling. Very happy with both vehicles.

Never Buying Nissan Again
By cmadd78

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a NEW Nissan Quest in 2008. When we first bought we enjoyed every aspect of it. About a month later the problems began. The windows would whistle as we picked up speed (dealership claimed it was normal), we had some problems with ac not working properly (dealership fixed), and then a few years later the cheap car starts having more and more issues. The passengers side mirror cover on the visor falls off, the body rattles, the passengers side window motor quit working, the brake disks warped and had to be replaced, you so much as sneeze on the thing and the paint will scratch or the body dents. Features are nice but van is built too cheap. Cant wait to get rid of it!!

Built in DVD player and roominess

Nissan needs to use better fasteners on the body that keep it from rattling so much. They also need better seals around the windows to keep the noise down. Basically stop being so cheap with your parts. I thought it was a great price for what I was getting, but now I realize what I have gotten. I learn from my mistakes and this is definately a mistake I wont be making again when I buy another car. I understand sometimes things happen, but with this vehicle they happen far too often. Goodbye Nissan.....

Made cheap
By haynie3

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our van in 2008 thought it would be great to own a brand new vehicle. Well within 1 year the mirror visor broke off and the arm rest fell off and the rubber seals on side doors came off. Well today i was driving and there was a flapping noise, I looked back and it was the metal insert on top of the van,where you would have the racks at flapping on the side of van, i had to pull over and get before it hit someones vehicle. It just seems like the veichle is made cheaply, when only having a short time.

I do like how the back seat folds down.

Very nice minivan
By leeman391

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous van was a Mercury Villager which I liked very much, and so wanted to buy the Quest. However I didn't like the center Instrumentation so when it was updated to the left side I was very pleased and started looking to buy one. The van is the nicest looking minivan and has a well laid out interior design and trim. It drives very car like and it is easy to exceed the speed limit.

DVD player, smooth and powerful engine, car-like drive ability. Very modern looks.

Split rear seats and reposition middle seat cup holder. Add 3rd row heat/cool controls.