2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Review: Nissan Engines design to requi

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Review

3.5 SE Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Nissan Engines design to require timing chain replaced after 100k miles
By ctylr12 on

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Nissan fan and loyal customer for 20 years. The 2007 Nissan Quest was a huge disappointment when it came to reliability. When I had the major service done at 105k miles, three Nissan dealers informed me that I needed a new timing chain kit and would cost $3,200. The purpose of a timing chain is to be maintenance free unlike timing belts. Nissan told me that this is a normal wear and tear item and is normal to replace every 100k + miles. My 2000 Infinity has 235k miles and never had a problem. Several independent mechanics have told me that all Nissan and Infinity vehicles after 2006 have poor engine design. It's a metal chain riding on plastic guiders. Purposely set up to fail

Nissan Motor Corporation should go back to the previous overhead cam design with a timing chain that does not require maintenance. This obviously shows greed in their organization. I will never buy Nissan or Infinity again. I'm now a Lexus customer.
By rupkinmae
on 05/11/12 06:57 AM (PDT)

Wish we'd even made it to 80,000 miles before we have timing chain failure :-( We bought a Nissan because it was supposed to be a very reliable company. I'm just sick about the expense we've incurred with this vehicle.