Used 2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Most Helpful|
I loved and lost... 2007 Nissan Quest
By sports3mom

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest brand new off the dealers lot to replace a 2004 Nissan Quest which was wrecked in an accident. All was peachy ... I wanted a new car but didn't want to give up the space my Quest provided - I loved my minivan. (Trust me - if you know me then you know I was not the minivan type before.) But all of a sudden - my air conditioner started blowing at different speeds - the gears started whirring a bit... engine oil leak after 74,000 miles and rack and pinion oil leak. I contacted the dealer and of course, it's not covered. The used 2004 Nissan Quest was 100% better than my new 2007 Nissan Quest. To each his own, but I have moved on. Ciao to my first love.

Favorite Features

Spaciousness of interior 3rd row seating DVD entertainment center gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

cup holders need a re-design Nissan needs to own up to known issues

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

WORST CAR EVER PURCHASED
By WOOODYWOOD

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van with 3 miles on it! I wanted a family car and I really liked the way the quest looked. Thus, I bought one. This was the worst purchase I have ever made! It has been to the dealership 7 times since March! I have had 4 tire sensor problems, that the dealership can't fix! I also had a mildew smell coming out of my vents! The dealership told me that something could have crawled into the van and DIED and that this would not be covered under my warranty! I would have to pay for them to fix this problem! A brand new van!!! Finally, the dealership has the smell in the vents fixed, but the tire sensor is still flagging and the van doesn't qualify as a lemon per Nissan. DO NOT BUY!

Favorite Features

DVD AND HEADPHONES, THE WAY THE VAN LOOKS INSIDE AND OUT

Suggested Improvements

THIS VAN NEEDS: A CENTER CONSOLE, BETTER GAS MILEAGE, NISSAN NEEDS TO FIX TIRE SENSOR PROBLEMS, FRONT SUSPENSION NEEDS TO BE BUILT BETTER (RECALL ON VAN NOW), VAN RIDES TO LOW TO THE GROUND

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Poor overall quality.

BUYER BEWARE
By Sylvia Myers

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van has been a sorry purchase from the start. 7 months after we got it, I called the nav number and they told me I needed to buy a new $280 disc as any addresses newer than 5 years in Houston could not be located, next the tires have gone bald after only 32K miles, Nissan canceled this feature and now we are to pay for all new tires and sensored rims as Michelin or Nissan will come thru. It is cheaply made and has all the packages on it, even tho we can't get some to work. Head rests are uncomfortable, also leg room on front passenger side. For the price it's an utter failure and can't believe Nissan won't stand by owners problems

Favorite Features

None I can think of!

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is a joke, tire problems should not have happened and/or Nissan and Michelin should have recalled, seats need to be made more comfortable, and automatic doors need better sensors for little ones. Never again will we buy a Nissan!