Used 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Nissan Engines design to require timing chain replaced after 100k miles
By ctylr12

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Nissan fan and loyal customer for 20 years. The 2007 Nissan Quest was a huge disappointment when it came to reliability. When I had the major service done at 105k miles, three Nissan dealers informed me that I needed a new timing chain kit and would cost $3,200. The purpose of a timing chain is to be maintenance free unlike timing belts. Nissan told me that this is a normal wear and tear item and is normal to replace every 100k + miles. My 2000 Infinity has 235k miles and never had a problem. Several independent mechanics have told me that all Nissan and Infinity vehicles after 2006 have poor engine design. It's a metal chain riding on plastic guiders. Purposely set up to fail

Suggested Improvements

Nissan Motor Corporation should go back to the previous overhead cam design with a timing chain that does not require maintenance. This obviously shows greed in their organization. I will never buy Nissan or Infinity again. I'm now a Lexus customer.

Disappointing in the end
By Lex

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the van new with the full nav and entertainment system. Has been a great people mover for family and friends. During the annual safety inspection the mechanic mentioned I may want to look for new tires due to balding and dryrot. I thought this unusual for tires with only 29,000 miles so I went to get a second opinion and was introduced to the Michelin PAX run flat tire ripoff. $1500 tire bill every 30,000 miles with service available in limited facilities (some Honda dealers or Michelin). Even if I would replace the tires and rims myself Nissan allows no options to replace with other tires without voiding the warranty. Customer service you can believe in. Last Nissan for me.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, satellite radio, nav system (all the tech toys)

Suggested Improvements

Already pulled PAX tires from new sales. Work on not leaving your customers holding the bag for poor product selection.

Sucker Buy
By Sucker buy

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, a great looking "minivan"? I was completely impressed with the modern design, sporty look, awesome 27 mpg hwy etc. I've had the van for 1.5 years and am worried about reliability. All automated doors/sensors/gauges are giving me funny issues like doors sticking, sensors going out. Then I had to replace the tires at 30k runflats. Only one tire is available at $350 apiece!! So I need a truck now and am giving the van to my wife since I cannot sell it until it's paid off. After 1.5 years only worth 19k trade in. This van has everything skyview, dvd, nav, etc. and it dropped 20k in 2 years. I'll never buy Nissan again!

Favorite Features

Modern design, good gas mileage, cool feel for a minivan. Nice leather, functional dvd, great xtra features if they worked (only 32k miles) nice rims.

Suggested Improvements

Runflats are great but work on design before putting them on your vehicle. Sell it for a lower price since nissan has bad resale. Don't buy the car new!!!

I must be alone
By Plutosmom

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this car, I loved the features. Now, almost two years later, I regret buying it. While still very pretty, for a mini van, every thing is breaking. The rear cup holders, the rear sonar, the rear cover. Every little piece of plastic that can break is breaking. I could understand if I was hard on the vehicle. But it is mostly city driving, which the mileage is horrible, 11-13 miles per gallon.

Favorite Features

Sonar, which broke.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign, and use better quality, the plastic features

Soccer mom mobile
By Barry

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior. Love the comfort of the second row seats and the way they fold down onto the floor. Love the ceiling skylights for the back passengers. Two DVD screens are a great feature. Gas mileage is OK considering a large vehicle.

Favorite Features

Skylights. Dual DVD screens. All the cigarette lighters for GPS & radar detector on the dash. One in the back for airing up kids bike tires.

Suggested Improvements

Hate the fact that the 3rd row seat is not 60/40 folding. Honda Pilot and many others have this feature which allows for much more flexibility. Nissan has got to change this. Definitely needs more cup holders for the driver/passenger seats. Two is not enough.