Used 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

So much better than my 1999 Windstar
By bergolive

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2006. We realy liked the style and we trusted Nissan's reliability because we drove a 94 Altima all the way up to 250000kM with absolutely no trouble. We now have 150 000kM and had no major trouble. But everytime we had to go to the garage, repair were expensive due to lack of room around the motor. Cost 700$ to replace alternator a few months ago! The other annoying thing is that sliding doors freeze in winter. But overall, this van is so much better than our 99 Windstar that I cannot complain.

Plenty of power, nice handling and style.

Overall reliability

Nice at the begining, then deception!
By James

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle when I bought it: Nice design, comfort, fun to drive, and thinking about the Japanese quality I was expecting a really nice quality vehicle. But one month after the purchase the battery died, was replaced under the warranty but still a hassle. Then at 15,000 miles the reas sonar alarm sound died and I have to replace the speaker by myself. otherwise you ended paying around $300 to the dealer. Then at 28,000 miles the rear door mechanism broke, a poor soldering nut to the frame of the door. Then at 30,787 miles (just few days ago) the speedometer is showing a higher speed, the gauge does not come back to zero, so you ended with 10 miles more your current speed, want more.

Design, power, comfort.

Quality, quality, quality. Build something that is reliable and durable. New Quest 2011. It is ugly!

Not LOL, but falling apart :(
By Nissan like Chrysler

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worse Nissan my dad ever had. We had an Altima S 2004 went in to 70k with out major problems. It was salvage so we went for Quest 2007 with only like 16K. Problems very loud rattling noise from bottle holders between driver and pass seat! Piece of exterior flew away while driving. Air conditioner not working. The part keeps burning very fast after we buy it! Now at almost 30K we want to just get rid of it! Brake pads need to be replaced at almost 30K!

6CD changer! Speed Sensitive Volume.

Oh, just do not enter the minivan segment in the market or improve quality like 4 times. Otherwise you are wasting main street's money!

LOOKS, POWER, SPACE, RELIABLE
By Bill C

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Must say after reading some of the comments, it appears some of these folks are not educated consumers and are unfairly rating the vehicle. What are they comparing to a sedan? No its a van. This is the 3rd Quest in my family. This model is by far the best. The styling is great, by far more attractive than its peers. Drive? Drives great with plenty of power.I agree the interior is not the finest. Its not the styling, its the plasticy finish. Resale isnt the best with Nissan but you'd pay more for an Odyssey or Toyota. If you paid 39k for the van, paid $350 per tire your [violative content deleted]. Shop around I paid no where near these prices. Very reliable car, hwy milage is good,great cargo space. Compare

Styling, power doors, gate lift, cargo room, Entertainment. Large interior.

Different tires, Better interior finish.

Beware of Nissan Corp issued TSB's
By Marie Reyes

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would be a minivan owner but I saw the style of the quest..I fell in love with it. I read reviews vs other minivans and all seemed great on the Quest. Shortly after my warranty expired I started to notice a whining noise coming from the engine. When I took it into the dealership they kept it over night,charged me $100 to diagnose it. I was floored to find out that the estimate to replace my timing chain both primary and secondary along with the guides was going to cost $3,000!! I took it to for another opinion and at that time I was informed that Nissan KNEW this was a problem for years and has a Technical Service Bulletin out. I had never even heard about a TSB!??

Exterior Design - Automatic Doors - Rear Back up Camera Warning! Check out TSB's before you make a purchase!!!!!!!

Need more cup holders up front, need to move the DVD player off the floorboard. DVD player, rear sonar, passenger window all broken. AND don't sell someone a car if you know that they might as well add $3000 to the original note if you plan on driving it until you at least have it paid off!!!