Used 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

It has plenty of power.

Poor overall quality.

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van. Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required. We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles. I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue. I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan. I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly. Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes. The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Interior spaciousness

better mechanical equipment to keep vehicle running

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

I loved and lost... 2007 Nissan Quest
By sports3mom

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest brand new off the dealers lot to replace a 2004 Nissan Quest which was wrecked in an accident. All was peachy ... I wanted a new car but didn't want to give up the space my Quest provided - I loved my minivan. (Trust me - if you know me then you know I was not the minivan type before.) But all of a sudden - my air conditioner started blowing at different speeds - the gears started whirring a bit... engine oil leak after 74,000 miles and rack and pinion oil leak. I contacted the dealer and of course, it's not covered. The used 2004 Nissan Quest was 100% better than my new 2007 Nissan Quest. To each his own, but I have moved on. Ciao to my first love.

Spaciousness of interior 3rd row seating DVD entertainment center gas mileage

cup holders need a re-design Nissan needs to own up to known issues

Love hate relationship!
By AW

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this van for more room when I had my second child. Not that I have 3 things are starting to look "gray"! I love the seats and actually think they are comfortable except the third row is not made for adults or more than 2 car seats. My recline handles on my second row seats have broken on both sides twice! The interior is very cheaply made and not worth the money on any model. There are only 2cup holders in the front which is a hassle. It drives great and is awesome on long trips. In town the gas mileage stinks. I wish we would have done more looking before we purchased this van. I do love the power and reliability. So I love a little and hate a little.

MPG, tire press, fuel digital reading. Cargo area. Have had great service from dealership!

Use higher quality on interior and get rid of the plastic everywhere! Get more cup holders and a real storage compartment between driver/passenger seat. Improve city gas mileage