2007 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Nissan Engines design to require timing chain replaced after 100k miles
By ctylr12 on 04/14/12 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Nissan fan and loyal customer for 20 years. The 2007 Nissan Quest was a huge disappointment when it came to reliability. When I had the major service done at 105k miles, three Nissan dealers informed me that I needed a new timing chain kit and would cost $3,200. The purpose of a timing chain is to be maintenance free unlike timing belts. Nissan told me that this is a normal wear and tear item and is normal to replace every 100k + miles. My 2000 Infinity has 235k miles and never had a problem. Several independent mechanics have told me that all Nissan and Infinity vehicles after 2006 have poor engine design. It's a metal chain riding on plastic guiders. Purposely set up to fail

Disappointing in the end
By Lex on 02/15/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the van new with the full nav and entertainment system. Has been a great people mover for family and friends. During the annual safety inspection the mechanic mentioned I may want to look for new tires due to balding and dryrot. I thought this unusual for tires with only 29,000 miles so I went to get a second opinion and was introduced to the Michelin PAX run flat tire ripoff. $1500 tire bill every 30,000 miles with service available in limited facilities (some Honda dealers or Michelin). Even if I would replace the tires and rims myself Nissan allows no options to replace with other tires without voiding the warranty. Customer service you can believe in. Last Nissan for me.

Sucker Buy
By Sucker buy on 12/09/08 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, a great looking "minivan"? I was completely impressed with the modern design, sporty look, awesome 27 mpg hwy etc. I've had the van for 1.5 years and am worried about reliability. All automated doors/sensors/gauges are giving me funny issues like doors sticking, sensors going out. Then I had to replace the tires at 30k runflats. Only one tire is available at $350 apiece!! So I need a truck now and am giving the van to my wife since I cannot sell it until it's paid off. After 1.5 years only worth 19k trade in. This van has everything skyview, dvd, nav, etc. and it dropped 20k in 2 years. I'll never buy Nissan again!

I must be alone
By Plutosmom on 07/27/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this car, I loved the features. Now, almost two years later, I regret buying it. While still very pretty, for a mini van, every thing is breaking. The rear cup holders, the rear sonar, the rear cover. Every little piece of plastic that can break is breaking. I could understand if I was hard on the vehicle. But it is mostly city driving, which the mileage is horrible, 11-13 miles per gallon.

Soccer mom mobile
By Barry on 05/26/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice exterior. Love the comfort of the second row seats and the way they fold down onto the floor. Love the ceiling skylights for the back passengers. Two DVD screens are a great feature. Gas mileage is OK considering a large vehicle.

I love my minivan!
By SLK41 on 05/29/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I swore I would never buy a minivan again, but I'm glad that I took a chance on the "un-minivan," as Nissan has touted it. It feels like a car to drive, handling and driving so well you forget you are in a minivan. The stereo is great, and the spacious interior is wonderful. I had 3 large SUVs before going back to a minivan, and I don't miss a thing! The cargo bay is great for groceries and the captains chairs are a nice feature, as are the dual DVD players for both the second and third rows.

MOM WHO? THIS IS DAD'S VAN!
By EDWIN on 04/22/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2004 nissan quest se, it was good to us. I feel comfortable knowing my family is safe, my wife tested that, thankfully the van passed and my family walked away, the van made a full recovery. I take that heavily. So in respect to the van I looked for another and bought my 2007 se. It's like falling in love all over. We checked out the competition but found things we didn't like in all of them. Now the Quest, that's a cool Dad, a happy wife, and an entertained 4 year old - did I mention dual 8" screens and skyviews.

Be careful
By Anil Tumbapura on 03/30/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice outlook. Looks classy, drives good but not at all reliable. Electronics inside the car trouble you frequently. We have been to dealership once every three months with problems. They can't call it a lemon but can't figure out the problems either. Nissan extended our warranty which did not help. High end vehicle such as Quest should be more reliable. If you are planning to get 100K out of this, be prepared to have 2nd or 3rd car handy. Tires wear out quickly (unusual category of Goodyear tire). Gearshaft gets locked (I could not move it from Park to Drive. It got stuck at passenger pick up area in the airport, fun!). None of my impressions are exaggerated.

Stylish Alternative
By mama moderna on 02/23/07 22:03 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van offers style & performance for those of us who still love driving but need to accommodate lots of passengers & gear. The sky view package adds a unique airiness to the interior & the kids love it. With the skyview package, there are 2 TV monitors for the integrated DVD w/ 2 cordless headphones so adults can listen to radio when the kids are watching a movie The rear view camera/sonar system is indispensable for the reverse- driving-challenged. The foldaway seating is easy to use, & the interior design has thoughtful, practical details. Definitely order the PAX/Navigation package if you like the latest technology (I didn't & wish I had). The low city gas mileage is the only downfall

The only one for me
By bmesc on 02/05/07 09:27 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a guy who has to drive a minivan. To be honest, I didn't even look at or consider any other minivan. Nissan is the only one that had any kind of style. I did wait until the 07 models due to the previous quality and design issues. We've had it 5 months and we have not had any problems. It looks great, rides smooth, the interior has a clean, modern feel and it handles exceptionally well for such a big van. Everything is in reach and works as advertised. The red chili seats look great with the gray exterior and trim and they look unlike any other minivan. My only problem is getting the kids out of the van, they like it so much!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.