Used 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Minivan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

So not what i expected or hoped for...
By Christy

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van was the first new vehicle my husband and I ever purchased. We drove it off the lot with 98 miles on it. I had high hopes of driving it until the wheels fell off, we are at that point. I would imagine if we added up all the repair costs over the last nine years we would be close to $6000 in repairs. I am the only driver, I change the oil, transmission fluid, etc. on a regular basis. In order for you to fully grasp the amount of repairs on the van I am going to try and start from the beginning.

1. 9000 miles on the van and in the middle of rush hour morning traffic, my engine died! Nothing! No steering, nothing! I managed to get to the side of the road and of course tried to restart the van. NOTHING! It didn't take long to realize that gas was pouring out of the van each time I tried to start it. After a nice visit from the Hazmat team, several police officers, fire trucks and several attractive fireman it was discovered my fuel pump had gone out. This was a warranty repair, but should have caused me to sell right then. It set a precedent of what was to come.

2. Van is on it's 4th set of tires and 6th set of brakes and rotors. and 4 batteries! (I'm not a lead foot)

3. My clock spring went out causing my entire dash to not work. Dealership repair $1000

4. Exhaust leak that couldn't be located for 1 week. $200

5. TPMS light that constantly has to be reset.

6. Earlier mentioned dealership broke my air bag sensor in the steering wheel. $1500 (refused to admit fault)

7. Tie rods are broken on front end. $500

8. Rack and Pinion replacement $800

9. Transmission on it's last leg $2500

10. Interior lights blow fuses randomly. No given reason, no one can figure out why, just suddenly nothing. I own stock in the fuse company.

11. Let's not forget the recall on the gas gauge. I have run out of gas twice and stranded on a busy highway because my van says i have 1/2 tank. (It lied)!!!

Trading in the van----PRICELESS

The van has right at 141,000 miles on it at this point. I expected much more than I got with this purchase. It has become a money pit and sadly not a good one. At this point if the van had a higher resale value, I would repair the transmission. Considering my van isn't worth much more than that, it's going to be traded this weekend!

Long story short, buy a Toyota!

No major troubles....but
By sticks4

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had no major troubles, but brakes did seem to wear out fast. Alignment in the rear tires, the shop said they were wasn't enough adjustment left and could only get them close. Backseat drink holders were ripped off from the seats several times by our kids(poor design), Nissan declined to cover while it was under warranty. After reading a lot of horror stories as I debated holding on to this vehicle, a slight flutter in the idle convinced me to trade it in. Up to that point, really tires and brakes, no major repairs at 74,000. Body was just starting to rust, I don't think I would buy another Nissan. Traded it for a Honda crv!

Comfortable, plenty of motor and good handling.

Gas mileage was not good!

2007 quest quality
By junkyride

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Auto door did not work. Dealer repaired. Fuse block blew I had to fix $400.
Major issue was front suspension components.
Just replaced control arms, ball joints etc. $1150 my expense.
I have worked for Nissan suppliers before and thought the quality would be there. Wrong!
I will never buy another Nissan.
Service from dealers is poor and very expensive !
Presently there is a shimmy and can't get it out.
Beverage holder next to second row seating poorly thought out. Easy for someone to drag their rear end across them and break them.
Worst job of Japanese engineering ever.
Made in Japan now instead of Mississippi.
No more Nissan's for me.

Plenty of room.

Nissan service is very weak in terms of diagnosing a problem. They can take care of simple warranty issues. Doing things when they say they will is a big problem.

The Need for More Room
By CarNut

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe we just purchased a minivan. That was our thought over a year ago once we found out the twins were on their way. With a total of 3 kids, a large dog, and places to be we needed a larger vehicle. We looked at SUVs, crossovers, and we kept coming back to the minivan. For the cost and versatility, it won us over. The Nissan does everything well. Great power off the line, good gas mileage for hauling all of us avg about 20. On highway trips avg 25-26 mpg. The DVD screen is a hit with our 3 yr old and the wife and I love the rear power door. You get a lot for your money on the "S" version versus other makes and models. We picked up a used one for a great deal.

power sliding and rear doors, back up sensor, dvd player, power from engine, the unique look versus other minivans on market

The seats have too much lumbar support. They get annoying on long trips.

"Impressed"
By Rick

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice van. Was a little hesitant when I bought it because of the Honda and Toyota reliability reputation. Have driven a Toyota, Honda and Caravan since I bought my Quest and I DO NOT regret my decision one bit!!! Again...Very Nice Van!

MP3 player, fun to drive, roomy interior, stylish exterior.

Roll down rear windows.