2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2007 Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Sort Reviews by

So much better than my 1999 Windstar
By bergolive

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2006. We realy liked the style and we trusted Nissan's reliability because we drove a 94 Altima all the way up to 250000kM with absolutely no trouble. We now have 150 000kM and had no major trouble. But everytime we had to go to the garage, repair were expensive due to lack of room around the motor. Cost 700$ to replace alternator a few months ago! The other annoying thing is that sliding doors freeze in winter. But overall, this van is so much better than our 99 Windstar that I cannot complain.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power, nice handling and style.

Suggested Improvements

Overall reliability

No major troubles....but
By sticks4

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had no major troubles, but brakes did seem to wear out fast. Alignment in the rear tires, the shop said they were wasn't enough adjustment left and could only get them close. Backseat drink holders were ripped off from the seats several times by our kids(poor design), Nissan declined to cover while it was under warranty. After reading a lot of horror stories as I debated holding on to this vehicle, a slight flutter in the idle convinced me to trade it in. Up to that point, really tires and brakes, no major repairs at 74,000. Body was just starting to rust, I don't think I would buy another Nissan. Traded it for a Honda crv!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, plenty of motor and good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage was not good!

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Poor overall quality.

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van. Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required. We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles. I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue. I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan. I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly. Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes. The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Favorite Features

Interior spaciousness

Suggested Improvements

better mechanical equipment to keep vehicle running

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

Nissan Engines design to require timing chain replaced after 100k miles
By ctylr12

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Nissan fan and loyal customer for 20 years. The 2007 Nissan Quest was a huge disappointment when it came to reliability. When I had the major service done at 105k miles, three Nissan dealers informed me that I needed a new timing chain kit and would cost $3,200. The purpose of a timing chain is to be maintenance free unlike timing belts. Nissan told me that this is a normal wear and tear item and is normal to replace every 100k + miles. My 2000 Infinity has 235k miles and never had a problem. Several independent mechanics have told me that all Nissan and Infinity vehicles after 2006 have poor engine design. It's a metal chain riding on plastic guiders. Purposely set up to fail

Suggested Improvements

Nissan Motor Corporation should go back to the previous overhead cam design with a timing chain that does not require maintenance. This obviously shows greed in their organization. I will never buy Nissan or Infinity again. I'm now a Lexus customer.

I loved and lost... 2007 Nissan Quest
By sports3mom

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest brand new off the dealers lot to replace a 2004 Nissan Quest which was wrecked in an accident. All was peachy ... I wanted a new car but didn't want to give up the space my Quest provided - I loved my minivan. (Trust me - if you know me then you know I was not the minivan type before.) But all of a sudden - my air conditioner started blowing at different speeds - the gears started whirring a bit... engine oil leak after 74,000 miles and rack and pinion oil leak. I contacted the dealer and of course, it's not covered. The used 2004 Nissan Quest was 100% better than my new 2007 Nissan Quest. To each his own, but I have moved on. Ciao to my first love.

Favorite Features

Spaciousness of interior 3rd row seating DVD entertainment center gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

cup holders need a re-design Nissan needs to own up to known issues

2007 quest quality
By junkyride

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Auto door did not work. Dealer repaired. Fuse block blew I had to fix $400. Major issue was front suspension components. Just replaced control arms, ball joints etc. $1150 my expense. I have worked for Nissan suppliers before and thought the quality would be there. Wrong! I will never buy another Nissan. Service from dealers is poor and very expensive ! Presently there is a shimmy and can't get it out. Beverage holder next to second row seating poorly thought out. Easy for someone to drag their rear end across them and break them. Worst job of Japanese engineering ever. Made in Japan now instead of Mississippi. No more Nissan's for me.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan service is very weak in terms of diagnosing a problem. They can take care of simple warranty issues. Doing things when they say they will is a big problem.

Nice at the begining, then deception!
By James

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle when I bought it: Nice design, comfort, fun to drive, and thinking about the Japanese quality I was expecting a really nice quality vehicle. But one month after the purchase the battery died, was replaced under the warranty but still a hassle. Then at 15,000 miles the reas sonar alarm sound died and I have to replace the speaker by myself. otherwise you ended paying around $300 to the dealer. Then at 28,000 miles the rear door mechanism broke, a poor soldering nut to the frame of the door. Then at 30,787 miles (just few days ago) the speedometer is showing a higher speed, the gauge does not come back to zero, so you ended with 10 miles more your current speed, want more.

Favorite Features

Design, power, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality. Build something that is reliable and durable. New Quest 2011. It is ugly!

The Need for More Room
By CarNut

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe we just purchased a minivan. That was our thought over a year ago once we found out the twins were on their way. With a total of 3 kids, a large dog, and places to be we needed a larger vehicle. We looked at SUVs, crossovers, and we kept coming back to the minivan. For the cost and versatility, it won us over. The Nissan does everything well. Great power off the line, good gas mileage for hauling all of us avg about 20. On highway trips avg 25-26 mpg. The DVD screen is a hit with our 3 yr old and the wife and I love the rear power door. You get a lot for your money on the "S" version versus other makes and models. We picked up a used one for a great deal.

Favorite Features

power sliding and rear doors, back up sensor, dvd player, power from engine, the unique look versus other minivans on market

Suggested Improvements

The seats have too much lumbar support. They get annoying on long trips.