Used 2007 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

So not what i expected or hoped for...
By Christy

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van was the first new vehicle my husband and I ever purchased. We drove it off the lot with 98 miles on it. I had high hopes of driving it until the wheels fell off, we are at that point. I would imagine if we added up all the repair costs over the last nine years we would be close to $6000 in repairs. I am the only driver, I change the oil, transmission fluid, etc. on a regular basis. In order for you to fully grasp the amount of repairs on the van I am going to try and start from the beginning.

1. 9000 miles on the van and in the middle of rush hour morning traffic, my engine died! Nothing! No steering, nothing! I managed to get to the side of the road and of course tried to restart the van. NOTHING! It didn't take long to realize that gas was pouring out of the van each time I tried to start it. After a nice visit from the Hazmat team, several police officers, fire trucks and several attractive fireman it was discovered my fuel pump had gone out. This was a warranty repair, but should have caused me to sell right then. It set a precedent of what was to come.

2. Van is on it's 4th set of tires and 6th set of brakes and rotors. and 4 batteries! (I'm not a lead foot)

3. My clock spring went out causing my entire dash to not work. Dealership repair $1000

4. Exhaust leak that couldn't be located for 1 week. $200

5. TPMS light that constantly has to be reset.

6. Earlier mentioned dealership broke my air bag sensor in the steering wheel. $1500 (refused to admit fault)

7. Tie rods are broken on front end. $500

8. Rack and Pinion replacement $800

9. Transmission on it's last leg $2500

10. Interior lights blow fuses randomly. No given reason, no one can figure out why, just suddenly nothing. I own stock in the fuse company.

11. Let's not forget the recall on the gas gauge. I have run out of gas twice and stranded on a busy highway because my van says i have 1/2 tank. (It lied)!!!

Trading in the van----PRICELESS

The van has right at 141,000 miles on it at this point. I expected much more than I got with this purchase. It has become a money pit and sadly not a good one. At this point if the van had a higher resale value, I would repair the transmission. Considering my van isn't worth much more than that, it's going to be traded this weekend!

Long story short, buy a Toyota!

So much better than my 1999 Windstar
By bergolive

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2006. We realy liked the style and we trusted Nissan's reliability because we drove a 94 Altima all the way up to 250000kM with absolutely no trouble. We now have 150 000kM and had no major trouble. But everytime we had to go to the garage, repair were expensive due to lack of room around the motor. Cost 700$ to replace alternator a few months ago! The other annoying thing is that sliding doors freeze in winter. But overall, this van is so much better than our 99 Windstar that I cannot complain.

Plenty of power, nice handling and style.

Overall reliability

No major troubles....but
By sticks4

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had no major troubles, but brakes did seem to wear out fast. Alignment in the rear tires, the shop said they were wasn't enough adjustment left and could only get them close. Backseat drink holders were ripped off from the seats several times by our kids(poor design), Nissan declined to cover while it was under warranty. After reading a lot of horror stories as I debated holding on to this vehicle, a slight flutter in the idle convinced me to trade it in. Up to that point, really tires and brakes, no major repairs at 74,000. Body was just starting to rust, I don't think I would buy another Nissan. Traded it for a Honda crv!

Comfortable, plenty of motor and good handling.

Gas mileage was not good!

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007.
The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles.
Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving.
At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced.
I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced.
When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae

2007 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van.
Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required.
We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles.

I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue.
I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan.
I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly.
Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes.

The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Interior spaciousness

better mechanical equipment to keep vehicle running