2007 Nissan Quest 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

2007 Quest Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Poor overall quality.

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van. Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required. We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles. I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue. I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan. I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly. Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes. The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Favorite Features

Interior spaciousness

Suggested Improvements

better mechanical equipment to keep vehicle running

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

I loved and lost... 2007 Nissan Quest
By sports3mom

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest brand new off the dealers lot to replace a 2004 Nissan Quest which was wrecked in an accident. All was peachy ... I wanted a new car but didn't want to give up the space my Quest provided - I loved my minivan. (Trust me - if you know me then you know I was not the minivan type before.) But all of a sudden - my air conditioner started blowing at different speeds - the gears started whirring a bit... engine oil leak after 74,000 miles and rack and pinion oil leak. I contacted the dealer and of course, it's not covered. The used 2004 Nissan Quest was 100% better than my new 2007 Nissan Quest. To each his own, but I have moved on. Ciao to my first love.

Favorite Features

Spaciousness of interior 3rd row seating DVD entertainment center gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

cup holders need a re-design Nissan needs to own up to known issues

Love hate relationship!
By AW

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this van for more room when I had my second child. Not that I have 3 things are starting to look "gray"! I love the seats and actually think they are comfortable except the third row is not made for adults or more than 2 car seats. My recline handles on my second row seats have broken on both sides twice! The interior is very cheaply made and not worth the money on any model. There are only 2cup holders in the front which is a hassle. It drives great and is awesome on long trips. In town the gas mileage stinks. I wish we would have done more looking before we purchased this van. I do love the power and reliability. So I love a little and hate a little.

Favorite Features

MPG, tire press, fuel digital reading. Cargo area. Have had great service from dealership!

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality on interior and get rid of the plastic everywhere! Get more cup holders and a real storage compartment between driver/passenger seat. Improve city gas mileage

Too much plastic for the money
By Usker

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car because my wife wanted her dogs to have easier access to get in. It is a beautiful van! Mileage is not what they tell in the city. Its way better on long vacation trips. So don't by this one unless you can afford the expense to have it. It takes some work to keep it clean inside. So in other words this better be your second car. Specially with the games they play with the cost of gas. When gas was at its most expensive, close to $5 a gallon, it cost almost $70 to fill up. Now that gas prices have fallen to $1.50 in our area, its under $30 a tank. Is the inside as good as I saw 4 years ago. No. I miss the center console idea, I saw in another friend's Quest.

Favorite Features

Exterior is beautiful. Inside materials could be better for what you have to pay. Even at the cheapest model. Too much plastic for a $30,000 car. For a van engine is great. It sounds like a race car when you speed up!!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Less plastic inside

Disappointing Quest
By Laura

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While our van is still fine, I don't see it holding up well over the test of time. I researched many makes and models before settling on the Quest. This was my first van purchase - going from a convertible sports car to a minivan, I found the Quest to be the most stylish looking on the market. Our tire sensors are always lit on the dashboard - very annoying. When we got 500 miles on the van, we had to have a fuel pressure tank (or something like that replaced.) It sat on the dealership lot for 30 days before it was fixed. Overall, I wish I'd spent a little more money on a higher end van. Nothing has broken so far but I fear it's just a matter of time. Very cheaply made inside.

Favorite Features

Love the DVD and headphones.

Suggested Improvements

HATE the center console - it's a joke. Not enough cup holders in front for a mom of two toddlers.

DO NOT BUY!!!
By DO NOT BUY!!!

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 04 quest for an 07 quest. Huge mistake. The 04 is nothing like the 07 at all. Storage is very limited. Seats are uncomfortable. Air barely blows any air. Heat takes forever to heat up and blow. Cloth seats get very dirty due to pattern chose on material. Lots of things that are plastic have broken, air vents, cup holders, etc. It gets horrible gas mileage. I drive to school and back and I use a tank in three to four days. That is going nowhere else approx. 14-17 mpg... not good at all! Not very roomy. Our sliding door kept popping dealership said couldn't fix when window shattered in a million pieces!! DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!

Favorite Features

Four bucket seats. Seven seating arrangement. DVD player with cordless head phones. Seats fold flat when have to carry big items. DVD player up front for easy access for parents instead of under seat like the 04 quest. Love the look of the QUEST!!

Suggested Improvements

Better material used. Get better gas mileage. Put gauges back in middle. Give more storage room up front. Make seats easier to fold down in very back. Go back to closer model of 04 Quest.

Best minivan
By Connecticut

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family car. Have had ours for about ten months and 5,000 miles. No problems. Highly recommend the car, and have no regrets what so ever. Take a look to see how many recalls there have been on the 07 quest, and you will understand why I think so highly of it The only draw back is the lack of snow tires for this vehicle (225-65-16).

Favorite Features

Low end torque, gas mileage, Low center of gravity, provides for easy cornering, and a very good roll-over resistance rating from the IIHS.

Suggested Improvements

Make stability control standard on all Quest models, Connect the traction control to ABS, and not just the powertrain.

Our "Quest" is over
By fossilfinder66

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a new '07 Quest last weekend. We liked the looks of the "un-minivan" but choice for an entry level model was very limited. They really move these models so you don't get much selection. The interior room was light years ahead of our 1999 Quest. Power was nice also. Did not get leather but cloth interior looks cheap and probably prone to catch dirt in the waffle pattern.

Favorite Features

We compared it to our 1999 Quest. Lots of room in all three rows. Love flat folding seats. Wide doors are nice. Real 5 speed tranny, none of that CVT crap. Excellent passing power. No expensive run-flat tires.

Suggested Improvements

Women and moms need storage for "stuff"! What idiot designer forgot a real console. We had to buy one. The panel over instruments has a gap and catches dirt. Get rid of 2 bumps on the steering wheel.