2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Air compressor was frozen
By newquestcustomer on 06/13/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This Quest was bought brand new. We took it on the first long trip vacation and the air compressor was frozen and belt was torn. We had to deal with Nissan service for the first time and it was a bad experience that I never had with a such low mileage (616 miles) and the air conditioning was being used the first time. I had another the chance I don't ever buy Nissan car again because of the service attitude.

Outstanding
By Rachael on 06/13/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the biggest van I could find. I searched them all and this one was by far the biggest with the most upgraded standard features. I love this van. It runs great and the kids love it. It's very comfortable and we have so much space to move around.

What a disappointment!
By quest2005 on 06/10/06 02:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In one year of ownership, weather stripping came off, wheels needed re- alignment, back hatch squeaks/sticks, need to resurface rotors x 3, something in front engine cracked, air conditioner hisses, CD stuck in player, recall on middle seats,and key stuck in ignition for a day. Service department terrible, nickle and dime every possible way, try to justify needed repairs with "That's the way cars are made nowadays." Two negative response on customer survey given. No response from Nissan. Very sad. We LOVE the design and roominess. Will miss our van. Looking for new vehicle. Because of service department, will not buy Nissan, again.

Not refined
By rjenk on 06/05/06 22:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a Chrysler T&C to the Quest. Overall, the T&C was a much better vehicle. The Quest is nice but there are too many rattles and interior noise. There have been several problems with noisy rear doors and several other minor problems. While the Quest is visually striking, once you get past the looks and put it on the road you find out there needs to be more there than just looks. It just needs to be refined. It should not rattle like a panel van when driving. Also have issues with the armrest...if you sit with the seat fairly straight up, the armrest is angled downward and is useless. There is also window glare from the angle of the dash. Will be trading it for another T&C.

Think outside the box!!!!!
By Johnnie O on 06/05/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is refreshing to find that minivans are fun to drive after all. I have been putting off purchasing a minivan and my wife finally won the battle. My 2 kids and dog refused to accept they were comfy in an SUV, despite my attempt to bribe them with ice cream and doggy treats. After test driving all minivans, the Quest proved to be the most spacious and most modern feeling of them all. It drives like a sportscar (at least in my mind it does:) ) Great spunky engine and the most comfortable interior (that I sat on) Visibility is far better than in the other vans in this class. I also liked that I saved some cash compared to the other models. Great value for your buck! I recommend this!!

Keep em Coming Nissan
By Love my new Quest on 06/02/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van was purchased for easy access in a vehicle for my elderly mother. The most comfortable and often used vehicle by the rest of the family even when mom is no where around. Still trying to understand all the negative comments about the instrument panel. Look upwards or downwards, either way your eyes are briefly off of the road. Besides, after the first drive you don't notice it anymore and I have had no problems when switching back to our other vehicles.

Love the van!
By Janet on 05/25/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When my husband and I decided to purchase a mini-van to accomodate our growing family we began to research the Nissan, Honda and Toyota. After driving the Nissan we were sold! Not only is it the best looking of the 3 vans but the interior room is amazing! We can now easily accomodate everyone with plenty of room to spare. Some of the reviews posted were negative (doors that rattle, awkward instrument panel, and other complaints) but we have not seen any of these issues with ours. What we have found is a terrific van that looks great and is easy to drive.

Bugs and more bugs
By Bxbean on 04/23/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The end of my story is that we bought out our lease early and walked away from this piece of junk. The list of problems are too numerous to list, but here goes: power sliding doors opened by themselves (recall, fixed), passenger sliding door rattles and lets air in to cabin (not a good thing when its 10 degrees out), starting problems went on for over two years, new brakes needed after only 30,000 miles of driving. Also, interior materials feel cheap, fan blower is very loud, even on the lowest setting, heater works poorly. We took the vehicle to Lemon Law and settled for a modest amount of money and walked away through an early lease termination. Nissan Corporate was not responsive.

BEWARE!! 10 RECALLS Already!
By Mindy McNicholas on 04/14/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our experience with Nissan and its main headquarters has been very poor. Our new Quest has been in the shop 17 times since we purchased it in October of 2005. (We own a 2006 Nissan Quest.) The mileage is very poor. It averages 15-18 mpg (half of the driving is highway!). Nissan has yet to fix all of the problems (rattling door, 10 recalls, broken automatic door, driver's seat loose, sound on the radio doesn't work when it rains...etc.) Beware of Nissan's new tactic of not keeping parts in stock. This is how they save money. You can wait weeks before a part comes in and you have time to get it serviced. Nissan took the fun out of buying a new vehicle :(

soccer mom's-here we come!
By The Ozmore's on 04/07/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought we would own a mini van! We looked at large suvs as we needed room for 6,(two pre-teens and two teenagers), and after price shopping, comparing mileage, room, functions and options-this was the best choice all around. We got many upgrades that we wouln't have in a suv. Handles smooth and quiet, sleek "buzz-lightyear design" and teenager approved-dvd player, wireless headphones,and legroom! The Quest doesn't have the boxy feel or look of a traditional mini-van, and coming from long time owners of suv's, we were hesitant to even test drive one, but once we did, we were sold! Unlike other mini-vans, you actually have room for duffel bags and suitcases even with a load of passsengers

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.