Used 2006 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Mixed Review
By cbnbuilder

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2006 Quest for 2-1/2 years. It has 61,000 miles. All recommended service performed by Dealer. Although the van has been reliable till recently, the transmission went out two weeks ago (1,000 miles outside the warranty period). After much (too much) debate and pleading, Nissan covered the repair ($4100). When we picked the van up from our dealer, the windshield was busted... we're still debating their responsibility. I find the seats to be very roomy but uncomfortable. Front seat feels like you are sliding out of them toward the steering wheel, makes you kind of hold on to wheel to brace yourself all the time. Original Goodyear tires were noisy and wore poorly.

I like the look of the van and it rides nice (now that we got the Goodyears replaced with Yokohomias). Interior room is outstanding. Interior trim seems to be wearing well.

Exterior paint seems to chip easily. Transmission went out ($4100) at 61,000 miles. Acceleration is lazy. Seats are uncomfortable.

Nothing but trouble - don't buy it
By GreginNJ

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a demo model of the Quest which was fully loaded (DVD, navigation, wireless headphones, leather, power everything, etc..) It's back in the shop for the FOURTH time as the rear lift gate arm keep breaking off. Now Nissan has to replace the entire rear lift gate and arm (the bolt the lift arm connects to is integrated into the entire door and is stripped). The dealer tried repairing it 3 times previously, replaced the lift arm twice, and every time it breaks of within a matter of weeks. The quality of the components is very, very bad. We had the cover on a power outlet break off, same with a handle on the middle seat. Now we're scared because it just went beyond 36,000mi.

Navigation system, DVD system, rear camera, power doors/liftgate (when they're not broken).

Design repairability into the vehicle - this is not well designed, and repairs are major even when a small piece breaks.

Not what I thought it should be
By Minivan Mom

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Quest for the room and outside design. The room is great and we enjoy all the bells and whistles, such as the DVD and radio, cd changer. We are not very happy with quality of the van. We have had the weather stripping replaced 2 times, the gas gauge shows empty sometimes after filling up, I actually was so embarrassed at the gas station when I went in to tell them that the pump must be broken, because there was no gas in my car, but the pump charged me. Come to find out it was the defect in the car that made it not register. It has done this several times since. We are now having problems with it spark knocking and losing power like it is running out of gas.

DVD, center console, roomy

Weather stripping, engine problem, middle window would be nice.

Don't Buy this JUNK
By FREEDOM RINGS

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are SO relieved to get rid of this junk. We traded our Nissan minivan in for a new Toyota Sienna. The biggest difference is the customer service. Nissan was incompetent, unresponsive, and useless in solving our problems. We too settled with the Lemon Law Practice and cashed in after fighting for 2 years with Nissan headquarters. I even wrote a letter to the CEO himself. So much for the "customer is always right". After 11 recalls, 4 rentals, 19 visits in less than two years there were still problems. Nissan took the fun out of having a new vehicle. Toyota put the fun right back in! I have had the Toyota for nearly 4 months and not one problem. They have been terrific!

Interior Design looks good, but the quality does not match.

Improve customer service, better quality installation of interior features (including the installation, doors, radio, lights, locks... etc)

My German Quest
By GrafBaby

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Quest in Washington, and then we got stationed here to Germany (we are military). I used to hate vans, and never thought I would own one. But after looking at it, seeing that there is a 5 star crash rating, and all the little extras the Special Edition has, I bought it, and I have no regrets! I LOVE this van! I take it on the autobahn from time to time and I got up to about 120mph w/no problems. I love the strong horsepower, great for passing cars on these little German roads. This van is not sold here in Germany, so I get stared at by the Germans everywhere I go, and have gotten countless compliments. They are most amazed by the power lift gate.

Power lift gate and sonar system! I love that the trunk opens by itself, and believe me, countless lives have been saved around here thanks to the sonar system!

I would like the middle windows to open, other than that, no complaints!