2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
NEVER AGAIN.
By hasman69 on 02/28/13 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From what I have been reading, I have been lucky cause I havent had this many problems but all in all if I had to do it again, I wouldnt. Bought it new in July of 2006, I wanted the Honda but wifey liked the Nissan and since its primarily her car I went with it, mistake right there. I do admit I like the roominess of it but thats where it stops. We have only had 49000 miles on it in 6 1/2 years but so far nothing major but its the little things. First of all, its not very quiet, its made cheap from the inside, yes our vents fall off too. The rear sliding door started making noise while driving and dealer kept lubricating but nothing.

steering failure
By eileen toscano on 05/20/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lovely looking, but at 30,ooo miles steering column failed.Is this a lemon/ Beware.

Don't Buy this JUNK
By FREEDOM RINGS on 12/27/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are SO relieved to get rid of this junk. We traded our Nissan minivan in for a new Toyota Sienna. The biggest difference is the customer service. Nissan was incompetent, unresponsive, and useless in solving our problems. We too settled with the Lemon Law Practice and cashed in after fighting for 2 years with Nissan headquarters. I even wrote a letter to the CEO himself. So much for the "customer is always right". After 11 recalls, 4 rentals, 19 visits in less than two years there were still problems. Nissan took the fun out of having a new vehicle. Toyota put the fun right back in! I have had the Toyota for nearly 4 months and not one problem. They have been terrific!

You have to buy one
By It's miked again on 10/06/06 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just came from a 3200 mile driving vacation to the east coast and back to Kansas. Our van performed excellent and almost matched the rated mileage of 25 mpg. we got 24 mpg with the ac on, averaging 70 mph, and having the van fully loaded with people and cargo. We were happy about that. Also, all of our family that saw, rode in, and drove the van were very impress with the comfotable ride, power of the engine, roominess of the interior, and the cool design. No problems with the van whatsoever.

i highly recommend this van
By miked on 09/21/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we've had the van for 3 months now and love it. It's an eye catcher, drives really smooth, has plenty of power and interior space. The gas tank doesn't fill up with 20 gallons but 16 so that saves us on gas allowance. I've been recommending the van to everyone that asks what is it and answer all their questions because I've also researched all the vans for a year and a half before we bought it with 5000 dollars off the sticker price. It was the best value for the high quality. Odyssey too overpriced and overrated, T&C/Caravan too unreliable, sienna not flexible enough with middle seats not able to fold down, and Sedona too heavy in total weight not flexible enough and unknown.

Something breaks every month
By LostACustomer on 07/10/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy this piece of junk unless you want to spend 2 trips a month. I traded it for a Toyota Sieanna and couldn't be happier. Things that went wrong were: - cranks forever - loss of power annually - powered sliding door keeps reversing and still isn't fixed. - vibrations at fwy speeds - gas gauge shows empty after a fill- up twice - passenger air bag shows off even when adult sits there - replaced radio keypad twice - lights falling out of ceiling - door panels coming off - glove compartment warped - shifter replaced - radio antenna weak - headrests are too far from your head so you can get a serious whiplash if you are rear-ended.

I love my nissan
By mother of five on 06/30/06 06:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. It is comfortable on road trips, gets great gas mileage, and is the hottest minivan on the road in looks. I am sold on this van and will own another after this.

What a disappointment!
By quest2005 on 06/10/06 02:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In one year of ownership, weather stripping came off, wheels needed re- alignment, back hatch squeaks/sticks, need to resurface rotors x 3, something in front engine cracked, air conditioner hisses, CD stuck in player, recall on middle seats,and key stuck in ignition for a day. Service department terrible, nickle and dime every possible way, try to justify needed repairs with "That's the way cars are made nowadays." Two negative response on customer survey given. No response from Nissan. Very sad. We LOVE the design and roominess. Will miss our van. Looking for new vehicle. Because of service department, will not buy Nissan, again.

Bugs and more bugs
By Bxbean on 04/23/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The end of my story is that we bought out our lease early and walked away from this piece of junk. The list of problems are too numerous to list, but here goes: power sliding doors opened by themselves (recall, fixed), passenger sliding door rattles and lets air in to cabin (not a good thing when its 10 degrees out), starting problems went on for over two years, new brakes needed after only 30,000 miles of driving. Also, interior materials feel cheap, fan blower is very loud, even on the lowest setting, heater works poorly. We took the vehicle to Lemon Law and settled for a modest amount of money and walked away through an early lease termination. Nissan Corporate was not responsive.

BEWARE!! 10 RECALLS Already!
By Mindy McNicholas on 04/14/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our experience with Nissan and its main headquarters has been very poor. Our new Quest has been in the shop 17 times since we purchased it in October of 2005. (We own a 2006 Nissan Quest.) The mileage is very poor. It averages 15-18 mpg (half of the driving is highway!). Nissan has yet to fix all of the problems (rattling door, 10 recalls, broken automatic door, driver's seat loose, sound on the radio doesn't work when it rains...etc.) Beware of Nissan's new tactic of not keeping parts in stock. This is how they save money. You can wait weeks before a part comes in and you have time to get it serviced. Nissan took the fun out of buying a new vehicle :(

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.