2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Runs good but cheap quality interior
By daylight123 on 01/31/12 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van brand new in 2006. The tires that came with it needed replacing after one year. The driver and passendger sun visors keep breaking off. We have replaced them 3 times over the years. The interior light fixtures and air vents fall out regularly. Cup holders broke off. Seat folding handle is broken. C/D player broke after the 2nd year. The bearings needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Right now at 94,000 miles the a/c is not working and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Also, the dashboard indicator lights are not reliable. Have recently replaced the alternator - $500.

Good and comfortable family vehicle!
By Tom on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new and has been a blessing since. It is almost 110,000 klicks now and I have only replaced the battery and brakes once. We take care of the van with scheduled services. We go on road trips three times a year with it and the whole family loves it. It is very gas efficient on the highway and very roomy and comfortable. There is always adequate room for luggage if you know how to pack in an organized fashion. If it is only four of us, we fold the third row and we do not even fold up or stack our luggage. We go on trips with another couple two times a year and they love it too. First comment is always "wow, it is so roomy!!" The engine has a lot of power on the road.

Love - Hate relationship!
By JLL on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My van & I have a love hate relationship. My husband wanted me to get a Tahoe, but I got the van. He warmed up to it because of the comfortable interior. We drove this on a huge summer trip, and found it to be the perfect family vehicle TONS of room. Thank God for the warranty, at 99,000 mi I had to have both front wheel barrings replaced. Factory tires lasted all of 20,000. Brakes have been replaced 2x. Catalytic converter has to be replaced. Automatic side door now demon possessed. (Seriously). HORRIBLE gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 18 mpg, and I drive on a hwy on cruise everyday. It has been great for small children, but it's growing old.

Fantastic Purchase
By CmdrScotie on 01/16/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in '06, and used it for errands and cross country trips. Plenty of room for the whole family (4 of us) with luggage. I've taken care of this van the way a vehicle is supposed to be taken care of, and have had no problems.

Awesome Van
By mrsv on 05/11/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sold my 05 Altima and bought the 06 Quest at a BARGAIN and love it. My family is growing and we needed more room and comfort, and that's exactly what we got. My husband had the front windows and windshield tinted and that really made a difference on the interior "glare" that I have heard some complain about. The center mounted gauges take some getting used to but overall no complaints. Dual sliding doors and power lift gate are wonderful. DVD player is excellent and fun to have. I have read many unfavorable reviews but I have had no problems and I LOVE IT.

Mixed Review
By cbnbuilder on 12/07/08 17:46 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2006 Quest for 2-1/2 years. It has 61,000 miles. All recommended service performed by Dealer. Although the van has been reliable till recently, the transmission went out two weeks ago (1,000 miles outside the warranty period). After much (too much) debate and pleading, Nissan covered the repair ($4100). When we picked the van up from our dealer, the windshield was busted... we're still debating their responsibility. I find the seats to be very roomy but uncomfortable. Front seat feels like you are sliding out of them toward the steering wheel, makes you kind of hold on to wheel to brace yourself all the time. Original Goodyear tires were noisy and wore poorly.

Not what I thought it should be
By Minivan Mom on 05/06/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Quest for the room and outside design. The room is great and we enjoy all the bells and whistles, such as the DVD and radio, cd changer. We are not very happy with quality of the van. We have had the weather stripping replaced 2 times, the gas gauge shows empty sometimes after filling up, I actually was so embarrassed at the gas station when I went in to tell them that the pump must be broken, because there was no gas in my car, but the pump charged me. Come to find out it was the defect in the car that made it not register. It has done this several times since. We are now having problems with it spark knocking and losing power like it is running out of gas.

My German Quest
By GrafBaby on 10/18/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Quest in Washington, and then we got stationed here to Germany (we are military). I used to hate vans, and never thought I would own one. But after looking at it, seeing that there is a 5 star crash rating, and all the little extras the Special Edition has, I bought it, and I have no regrets! I LOVE this van! I take it on the autobahn from time to time and I got up to about 120mph w/no problems. I love the strong horsepower, great for passing cars on these little German roads. This van is not sold here in Germany, so I get stared at by the Germans everywhere I go, and have gotten countless compliments. They are most amazed by the power lift gate.

I love this van
By kimkiaria on 03/26/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first minivan, as I too, was ambivalent about being a minivan mom, but I love it. It's roomy and sporty. I don't feel like I'm driving a big bulky van. I've taken several trips with it, and so far, no problems. I strongly suggest this van for those of you reluctant to finally admit you're a van person. It handles and corners like a sports car.

After more than a year of ownership
By texasstyle on 09/27/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own this van for a little more than a year now. I am please with it. It never gives me any problem. The engine is smooth and powerful, and reliable in the rough weather. The entertainment system is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.