Used 2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Do not purchase. Transmission issues that Nissan ignores
By wyogal1890

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van used with 52,465 miles. From the first month we have had problems. First bad seals and now transmission issues. It doesn't happen all of the time, but I put the van in drive, push the accelerator and nothing happens. The RPMs go up, but the van won't go forward. I have had to have my van towed to the dealership twice, and of course it works fine when it gets there. After a Google search it appears I am not the only person having this issue. I think it is time for Nissan to step up and fix this issue. This is our main family vehicle and it is not reliable.

* is roomy * good air conditioning * DVD player * comfortable

Admit and fix the transmission issues Body is a bit loose. * middle passenger sear rattles * wind blows through sliding door seals

do not buy
By kit54

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Nissan Quest in Jan. 2007 because Hawaii passed a law that children under the age of 8 and weight of less than 80# has to be in a child seat. Because I had a small car and could only put 2 of my 6 grandchildren and nephew and niece in the car at one time I had to get a bigger car. So I picked up the Quest. The side door glide covers fell off while driving and damaged the car. The passenger front seat door was making a whistling sound like the window wasn't close properly. found out the decorative panel was loose. the lights kept falling off the ceiling, the driver's visor kept falling down and dangling in front of the driver. the AC vents fall of the ceiling. Junk car!

nothing!

spend more money and make the car better inside and out

Runs good but cheap quality interior
By daylight123

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van brand new in 2006. The tires that came with it needed replacing after one year. The driver and passendger sun visors keep breaking off. We have replaced them 3 times over the years. The interior light fixtures and air vents fall out regularly. Cup holders broke off. Seat folding handle is broken. C/D player broke after the 2nd year. The bearings needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Right now at 94,000 miles the a/c is not working and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Also, the dashboard indicator lights are not reliable. Have recently replaced the alternator - $500.

Although the interior cosmetic stuff is cheap, the van runs reliably. We are in Texas and we do some serious long distance driving. It's nice to have the roomy comfort this van has provided. We have 3 kids and they each have their own roomy space on long trips.

Better quality parts would be a great improvement. I've never owned a car with so many pieces breaking off as this van.

Good and comfortable family vehicle!
By Tom

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new and has been a blessing since. It is almost 110,000 klicks now and I have only replaced the battery and brakes once. We take care of the van with scheduled services. We go on road trips three times a year with it and the whole family loves it. It is very gas efficient on the highway and very roomy and comfortable. There is always adequate room for luggage if you know how to pack in an organized fashion. If it is only four of us, we fold the third row and we do not even fold up or stack our luggage. We go on trips with another couple two times a year and they love it too. First comment is always "wow, it is so roomy!!" The engine has a lot of power on the road.

Power rear door and sliding side door are helpful always. Reverse sonar sensor is a must. 6 pack CD changer is great for long trip. Large side mirrors are great for viewing.

Stronger adhesive for the two roof top rubber decorative strips is needed. City driving gas mileage could be better.

Love - Hate relationship!
By JLL

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My van & I have a love hate relationship. My husband wanted me to get a Tahoe, but I got the van. He warmed up to it because of the comfortable interior. We drove this on a huge summer trip, and found it to be the perfect family vehicle TONS of room. Thank God for the warranty, at 99,000 mi I had to have both front wheel barrings replaced. Factory tires lasted all of 20,000. Brakes have been replaced 2x. Catalytic converter has to be replaced. Automatic side door now demon possessed. (Seriously). HORRIBLE gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 18 mpg, and I drive on a hwy on cruise everyday. It has been great for small children, but it's growing old.

Interior, DVD, all the comfort stuff! COMFY!

Mechanical disaster.