Used 2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Pretty Good vehicle
By quest888

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest brand new in january 2006 and I take good care of it, always have. It has paid me back well since I have never had any engine problems and it's going on 128,000 miles now. this van has taken me and my family everywhere. the only thing i have replaced is the engine mounts, one catalytic converter and lower control arms all after hitting the 5 year mark. it was expensive to replace these but considering the amount of driving i've done on it i didn't feel too bad and chalked it up to wear and tear. as far as the engine goes, no problemo! still running smooth like new! just take care of it and do not neglect regular maintenance services and this van will keep running well......

roomy interior and powerful V6 engine. automatic sliding doors and trunk door makes it convenient.

the a/c ceiling vent cover in the back keeps falling every so often. it's not hard to put back but shouldn't be happening if it was built and made from good quality parts.

Great four years, then problems.
By Jim-Chandler, AZ

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van fine until 2009. Brakes went out completely. Cost of new ones $650. April 2010, new belts, catalytic converter and motor mount replaced. Repair cost $600. Plus. Convertor covered under warranty. July, 2010, timing chain replaced and one belt which was replaced in April. Repairs $2,400. Current mileage 82,000. Disappointed in repairs needed over a one year period approx. $4,500. Unsure about purchasing a foreign car again. Had a Ford van previously, because of front end problem and possible transmission, traded at approx. 80,000. Miles. Also, 2 or 3 cross country trips, one pulling a small trailer. Wish we had repaired the Ford.

Roomy. Comfortable seating. Nice lines.

Replace console, difficult to reach while driving. Better tires.

Highway Robbery!
By mrsthomas

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van with 13 miles on it. Have since had to take it for repairs more times than you should for a NEW vehicle that we paid over $34,000 for. Ridiculous things such as the driver's visor, breaking six times! Have had the heater in driver's seat replaced and it still does not work. Heater control only works if you strangle it. Drivers window motor replaced in first six months.I do not have the time to have take it in everytime something breaks, especially as things break repeatedly!!!! Dealer was unsympathetic, perhaps not surprised? We have also had the breaks done and new tires, which seem to have little effect on how crappy it drives. Will NEVER BUY Nissan EVER again!

None. Only bought it because my husband wanted a van. Have Regretted purchase since day one. When things began to break!

Quality parts, paint. Who has time to take their vehicle in REPEATEDLY to have the same things repaired? The rear seat is now too short for my six year old daughter's legs. There is ZERO cargo space in the rear. Took van camping for three days, had to pile things on the kids laps!

Highly dissappointed!!!!
By VERY DISSAPPOINTED..

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To make a long story short. I've had my van for 3 1/2 yrs. Now... I've spent 1500 to repair a pair in the engine and the service depart. Did not fix the problem... When I return the van 2 days later they decided that it was now the transmission that needed to b replaced (which they would pay 1/2) after I'd already spend 1500. I've had new brakes front and back and new rotors... I've spent at least 2500 in 09 for repairs! Not happy at all with this van..

roomy, dvd system for the kids...was satisfied until all the problems started at approx. 60000

2 separate wheel bearing replacements
By Lori Harmon Burns

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car the first year. However, the wheel bearings have had to be replaced on two separate occasions. One around 46,000 miles the next 4000 miles later. Passenger sliding door does not stop when I am in door frame. Pushes hard and I have to work to stand up against it before it reverses if it does. Worried about if kids are in frame and potential for fingers or even worse torso or head getting crushed in door shutting.

Like the the seats fold into floor and are easily changed into position.

safety of passenger slider door and wheel bearing issue.