2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Pretty Good vehicle
By quest888 on 08/31/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest brand new in january 2006 and I take good care of it, always have. It has paid me back well since I have never had any engine problems and it's going on 128,000 miles now. this van has taken me and my family everywhere. the only thing i have replaced is the engine mounts, one catalytic converter and lower control arms all after hitting the 5 year mark. it was expensive to replace these but considering the amount of driving i've done on it i didn't feel too bad and chalked it up to wear and tear. as far as the engine goes, no problemo! still running smooth like new! just take care of it and do not neglect regular maintenance services and this van will keep running well......

Great four years, then problems.
By Jim-Chandler, AZ on 07/17/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van fine until 2009. Brakes went out completely. Cost of new ones $650. April 2010, new belts, catalytic converter and motor mount replaced. Repair cost $600. Plus. Convertor covered under warranty. July, 2010, timing chain replaced and one belt which was replaced in April. Repairs $2,400. Current mileage 82,000. Disappointed in repairs needed over a one year period approx. $4,500. Unsure about purchasing a foreign car again. Had a Ford van previously, because of front end problem and possible transmission, traded at approx. 80,000. Miles. Also, 2 or 3 cross country trips, one pulling a small trailer. Wish we had repaired the Ford.

Highway Robbery!
By mrsthomas on 12/13/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van with 13 miles on it. Have since had to take it for repairs more times than you should for a NEW vehicle that we paid over $34,000 for. Ridiculous things such as the driver's visor, breaking six times! Have had the heater in driver's seat replaced and it still does not work. Heater control only works if you strangle it. Drivers window motor replaced in first six months.I do not have the time to have take it in everytime something breaks, especially as things break repeatedly!!!! Dealer was unsympathetic, perhaps not surprised? We have also had the breaks done and new tires, which seem to have little effect on how crappy it drives. Will NEVER BUY Nissan EVER again!

Highly dissappointed!!!!
By VERY DISSAPPOINTED.. on 11/25/09 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To make a long story short. I've had my van for 3 1/2 yrs. Now... I've spent 1500 to repair a pair in the engine and the service depart. Did not fix the problem... When I return the van 2 days later they decided that it was now the transmission that needed to b replaced (which they would pay 1/2) after I'd already spend 1500. I've had new brakes front and back and new rotors... I've spent at least 2500 in 09 for repairs! Not happy at all with this van..

2 separate wheel bearing replacements
By Lori Harmon Burns on 09/23/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car the first year. However, the wheel bearings have had to be replaced on two separate occasions. One around 46,000 miles the next 4000 miles later. Passenger sliding door does not stop when I am in door frame. Pushes hard and I have to work to stand up against it before it reverses if it does. Worried about if kids are in frame and potential for fingers or even worse torso or head getting crushed in door shutting.

Nothing but trouble - don't buy it
By GreginNJ on 06/19/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a demo model of the Quest which was fully loaded (DVD, navigation, wireless headphones, leather, power everything, etc..) It's back in the shop for the FOURTH time as the rear lift gate arm keep breaking off. Now Nissan has to replace the entire rear lift gate and arm (the bolt the lift arm connects to is integrated into the entire door and is stripped). The dealer tried repairing it 3 times previously, replaced the lift arm twice, and every time it breaks of within a matter of weeks. The quality of the components is very, very bad. We had the cover on a power outlet break off, same with a handle on the middle seat. Now we're scared because it just went beyond 36,000mi.

Nice vehicle
By Mollari on 08/23/06 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We immediately took the vehicle on a 1000 mi trip (round trip miles). DVD player was great to have. I think they're too conservative in their gas warnings.

excellent customer service.
By tita on 08/02/06 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

got the nssan quest se recently and was very impressed with appearance. dash board is nice, seats are comfortable, huge space but the best is the customer service in central ave nissan. everybody was just very accomodating and helpful, very detailed about the features of the car. not like honda dealer, they just gave the key and that was it. didnt even show me how to operate cd. will definitely buy from nissan central ave in yonkers again!

Outstanding
By Rachael on 06/13/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the biggest van I could find. I searched them all and this one was by far the biggest with the most upgraded standard features. I love this van. It runs great and the kids love it. It's very comfortable and we have so much space to move around.

Not refined
By rjenk on 06/05/06 22:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a Chrysler T&C to the Quest. Overall, the T&C was a much better vehicle. The Quest is nice but there are too many rattles and interior noise. There have been several problems with noisy rear doors and several other minor problems. While the Quest is visually striking, once you get past the looks and put it on the road you find out there needs to be more there than just looks. It just needs to be refined. It should not rattle like a panel van when driving. Also have issues with the armrest...if you sit with the seat fairly straight up, the armrest is angled downward and is useless. There is also window glare from the angle of the dash. Will be trading it for another T&C.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.