Used 2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

NEVER AGAIN.
By hasman69

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From what I have been reading, I have been lucky cause I havent had this many problems but all in all if I had to do it again, I wouldnt. Bought it new in July of 2006, I wanted the Honda but wifey liked the Nissan and since its primarily her car I went with it, mistake right there. I do admit I like the roominess of it but thats where it stops. We have only had 49000 miles on it in 6 1/2 years but so far nothing major but its the little things. First of all, its not very quiet, its made cheap from the inside, yes our vents fall off too. The rear sliding door started making noise while driving and dealer kept lubricating but nothing.

Favorite Features

Roomy. That is the only good thing I can say. Stuff I dont like, Seats arent comfy, interior is cheap, too much engine noise, dvd player under passenger seat, turning radius (hard to park in tight spots), cant find replacement tires other than the oem ones cause the size was custom made for Quest.

Suggested Improvements

Use better material.

steering failure
By eileen toscano

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lovely looking, but at 30,ooo miles steering column failed.Is this a lemon/ Beware.

Favorite Features

Appearance, roominess of cabin

Suggested Improvements

Too muuch glare from dashboard on bright dayss

Don't Buy this JUNK
By FREEDOM RINGS

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are SO relieved to get rid of this junk. We traded our Nissan minivan in for a new Toyota Sienna. The biggest difference is the customer service. Nissan was incompetent, unresponsive, and useless in solving our problems. We too settled with the Lemon Law Practice and cashed in after fighting for 2 years with Nissan headquarters. I even wrote a letter to the CEO himself. So much for the "customer is always right". After 11 recalls, 4 rentals, 19 visits in less than two years there were still problems. Nissan took the fun out of having a new vehicle. Toyota put the fun right back in! I have had the Toyota for nearly 4 months and not one problem. They have been terrific!

Favorite Features

Interior Design looks good, but the quality does not match.

Suggested Improvements

Improve customer service, better quality installation of interior features (including the installation, doors, radio, lights, locks... etc)

You have to buy one
By It's miked again

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just came from a 3200 mile driving vacation to the east coast and back to Kansas. Our van performed excellent and almost matched the rated mileage of 25 mpg. we got 24 mpg with the ac on, averaging 70 mph, and having the van fully loaded with people and cargo. We were happy about that. Also, all of our family that saw, rode in, and drove the van were very impress with the comfotable ride, power of the engine, roominess of the interior, and the cool design. No problems with the van whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Design, powerful and efficient engine, roominess, sound quality, and on the money gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

i highly recommend this van
By miked

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we've had the van for 3 months now and love it. It's an eye catcher, drives really smooth, has plenty of power and interior space. The gas tank doesn't fill up with 20 gallons but 16 so that saves us on gas allowance. I've been recommending the van to everyone that asks what is it and answer all their questions because I've also researched all the vans for a year and a half before we bought it with 5000 dollars off the sticker price. It was the best value for the high quality. Odyssey too overpriced and overrated, T&C/Caravan too unreliable, sienna not flexible enough with middle seats not able to fold down, and Sedona too heavy in total weight not flexible enough and unknown.

Favorite Features

the unique different artistic design of it because our family is different and original.

Suggested Improvements

None at all.