2006 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
NEVER AGAIN.
By hasman69 on 02/28/13 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From what I have been reading, I have been lucky cause I havent had this many problems but all in all if I had to do it again, I wouldnt. Bought it new in July of 2006, I wanted the Honda but wifey liked the Nissan and since its primarily her car I went with it, mistake right there. I do admit I like the roominess of it but thats where it stops. We have only had 49000 miles on it in 6 1/2 years but so far nothing major but its the little things. First of all, its not very quiet, its made cheap from the inside, yes our vents fall off too. The rear sliding door started making noise while driving and dealer kept lubricating but nothing.

Runs good but cheap quality interior
By daylight123 on 01/31/12 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van brand new in 2006. The tires that came with it needed replacing after one year. The driver and passendger sun visors keep breaking off. We have replaced them 3 times over the years. The interior light fixtures and air vents fall out regularly. Cup holders broke off. Seat folding handle is broken. C/D player broke after the 2nd year. The bearings needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Right now at 94,000 miles the a/c is not working and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Also, the dashboard indicator lights are not reliable. Have recently replaced the alternator - $500.

Pretty Good vehicle
By quest888 on 08/31/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Quest brand new in january 2006 and I take good care of it, always have. It has paid me back well since I have never had any engine problems and it's going on 128,000 miles now. this van has taken me and my family everywhere. the only thing i have replaced is the engine mounts, one catalytic converter and lower control arms all after hitting the 5 year mark. it was expensive to replace these but considering the amount of driving i've done on it i didn't feel too bad and chalked it up to wear and tear. as far as the engine goes, no problemo! still running smooth like new! just take care of it and do not neglect regular maintenance services and this van will keep running well......

Good and comfortable family vehicle!
By Tom on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new and has been a blessing since. It is almost 110,000 klicks now and I have only replaced the battery and brakes once. We take care of the van with scheduled services. We go on road trips three times a year with it and the whole family loves it. It is very gas efficient on the highway and very roomy and comfortable. There is always adequate room for luggage if you know how to pack in an organized fashion. If it is only four of us, we fold the third row and we do not even fold up or stack our luggage. We go on trips with another couple two times a year and they love it too. First comment is always "wow, it is so roomy!!" The engine has a lot of power on the road.

Love - Hate relationship!
By JLL on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My van & I have a love hate relationship. My husband wanted me to get a Tahoe, but I got the van. He warmed up to it because of the comfortable interior. We drove this on a huge summer trip, and found it to be the perfect family vehicle TONS of room. Thank God for the warranty, at 99,000 mi I had to have both front wheel barrings replaced. Factory tires lasted all of 20,000. Brakes have been replaced 2x. Catalytic converter has to be replaced. Automatic side door now demon possessed. (Seriously). HORRIBLE gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 18 mpg, and I drive on a hwy on cruise everyday. It has been great for small children, but it's growing old.

Great four years, then problems.
By Jim-Chandler, AZ on 07/17/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van fine until 2009. Brakes went out completely. Cost of new ones $650. April 2010, new belts, catalytic converter and motor mount replaced. Repair cost $600. Plus. Convertor covered under warranty. July, 2010, timing chain replaced and one belt which was replaced in April. Repairs $2,400. Current mileage 82,000. Disappointed in repairs needed over a one year period approx. $4,500. Unsure about purchasing a foreign car again. Had a Ford van previously, because of front end problem and possible transmission, traded at approx. 80,000. Miles. Also, 2 or 3 cross country trips, one pulling a small trailer. Wish we had repaired the Ford.

Fantastic Purchase
By CmdrScotie on 01/16/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in '06, and used it for errands and cross country trips. Plenty of room for the whole family (4 of us) with luggage. I've taken care of this van the way a vehicle is supposed to be taken care of, and have had no problems.

Highway Robbery!
By mrsthomas on 12/13/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van with 13 miles on it. Have since had to take it for repairs more times than you should for a NEW vehicle that we paid over $34,000 for. Ridiculous things such as the driver's visor, breaking six times! Have had the heater in driver's seat replaced and it still does not work. Heater control only works if you strangle it. Drivers window motor replaced in first six months.I do not have the time to have take it in everytime something breaks, especially as things break repeatedly!!!! Dealer was unsympathetic, perhaps not surprised? We have also had the breaks done and new tires, which seem to have little effect on how crappy it drives. Will NEVER BUY Nissan EVER again!

Highly dissappointed!!!!
By VERY DISSAPPOINTED.. on 11/25/09 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To make a long story short. I've had my van for 3 1/2 yrs. Now... I've spent 1500 to repair a pair in the engine and the service depart. Did not fix the problem... When I return the van 2 days later they decided that it was now the transmission that needed to b replaced (which they would pay 1/2) after I'd already spend 1500. I've had new brakes front and back and new rotors... I've spent at least 2500 in 09 for repairs! Not happy at all with this van..

Never Thought I would Buy a Van
By M.J. RAINES on 11/12/09 06:20 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven other vans at work;however, when I test drove this van I was impressed. I had my heart set on a Maxima but the wife quickly changed that. We ended up buying this van and I have no regrets. I live in an area where its HOT. This van handles the climate well. I took the van out of town and was surprised with both the gas mileage and performance. I have taken my radar detector out of storage and now use it in this van. The only complaint I have is the interior controls seem cheap. Nissan should look into better quality parts.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.