Used 2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Runs good but cheap quality interior
By daylight123

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van brand new in 2006. The tires that came with it needed replacing after one year. The driver and passendger sun visors keep breaking off. We have replaced them 3 times over the years. The interior light fixtures and air vents fall out regularly. Cup holders broke off. Seat folding handle is broken. C/D player broke after the 2nd year. The bearings needed to be replaced at around 75,000 miles. Right now at 94,000 miles the a/c is not working and the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. Also, the dashboard indicator lights are not reliable. Have recently replaced the alternator - $500.

Favorite Features

Although the interior cosmetic stuff is cheap, the van runs reliably. We are in Texas and we do some serious long distance driving. It's nice to have the roomy comfort this van has provided. We have 3 kids and they each have their own roomy space on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts would be a great improvement. I've never owned a car with so many pieces breaking off as this van.

Good and comfortable family vehicle!
By Tom

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new and has been a blessing since. It is almost 110,000 klicks now and I have only replaced the battery and brakes once. We take care of the van with scheduled services. We go on road trips three times a year with it and the whole family loves it. It is very gas efficient on the highway and very roomy and comfortable. There is always adequate room for luggage if you know how to pack in an organized fashion. If it is only four of us, we fold the third row and we do not even fold up or stack our luggage. We go on trips with another couple two times a year and they love it too. First comment is always "wow, it is so roomy!!" The engine has a lot of power on the road.

Favorite Features

Power rear door and sliding side door are helpful always. Reverse sonar sensor is a must. 6 pack CD changer is great for long trip. Large side mirrors are great for viewing.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger adhesive for the two roof top rubber decorative strips is needed. City driving gas mileage could be better.

Love - Hate relationship!
By JLL

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My van & I have a love hate relationship. My husband wanted me to get a Tahoe, but I got the van. He warmed up to it because of the comfortable interior. We drove this on a huge summer trip, and found it to be the perfect family vehicle TONS of room. Thank God for the warranty, at 99,000 mi I had to have both front wheel barrings replaced. Factory tires lasted all of 20,000. Brakes have been replaced 2x. Catalytic converter has to be replaced. Automatic side door now demon possessed. (Seriously). HORRIBLE gas mileage. I have never gotten better than 18 mpg, and I drive on a hwy on cruise everyday. It has been great for small children, but it's growing old.

Favorite Features

Interior, DVD, all the comfort stuff! COMFY!

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical disaster.

Fantastic Purchase
By CmdrScotie

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in '06, and used it for errands and cross country trips. Plenty of room for the whole family (4 of us) with luggage. I've taken care of this van the way a vehicle is supposed to be taken care of, and have had no problems.

Favorite Features

The engine. 240 hp makes a difference on the open road. Under controlled conditions, the van gets freakishly- good MPH (Colo. Springs-Denver @ 85 MPH = 30.3 MPG). I also like the space-aged interior

Suggested Improvements

Nisssan need to get away from the cheap tires, which died COMPLETELY at 38k miles. Seems all car makers are doing that these days.

Awesome Van
By mrsv

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sold my 05 Altima and bought the 06 Quest at a BARGAIN and love it. My family is growing and we needed more room and comfort, and that's exactly what we got. My husband had the front windows and windshield tinted and that really made a difference on the interior "glare" that I have heard some complain about. The center mounted gauges take some getting used to but overall no complaints. Dual sliding doors and power lift gate are wonderful. DVD player is excellent and fun to have. I have read many unfavorable reviews but I have had no problems and I LOVE IT.

Favorite Features

Dual power doors, liftgate, back up camera, DVD and wireless headphones, 6 disc changer.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic lights, lighted steering wheel controls.